Socal Rally Dates in Febuary

• Febuary 9th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Hey all you Socal members, Here's the deal. By popular demand I would like to suggest going to Canyon RV PARK in February. I just found an 08 calender, saturdays for the month are, 2-9-16-23. So if you please post all you thoughts on these dates in the sub forum under "DISCUSSIONS", please! It's difficult for me to read EMAILS, PM's, and forums and keep it all straight. Im old you know. Besides, if more people read the "DICUSSIONS" part we will get more ideas. The link to the campsite is http://www.canyonrvpark.com. Hope to hear from you all very soon, that way I can contact the park and get things set up. Pat and I want to wish everybody A very merry Chrismas and a Happy New Year. Keep the rubber side down. Bob,Pat and:eek: "BABY" the nutso, crazy cat!! :D :D

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Canyon RV Park

I just wanted to up date my last post. I called and got some information from Susie at the park. 10 or more is $35 a night, 1-9 is $45 per night, $2 per person over 2 people, $1 for a dog and must be on a leash, didnt say about leashes for kids. They have camping away from the pool area. I can call them and reserve spots, but everyone needs to call, make there own reservations and pay there own deposit. I will post any more up dates. Bob :D :D

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Ooops!

I installed a poll, but it didn't go where I wanted it. Too many buttons to push. Anyway, it is now at the beginning of the posts here instead being last. OOOPS! If everyone can find it please vote for a date. BOB :D :D :eek:

jbeletti

Hi Bob,

Poll looks good. Polls by default are at the top of the thread. So you had no choice. Everyone will be able to find it though.

Jim

Bob&Patty

Got 4

Well I see we have 4 votes for the 23 of February already. If Uncle Rog and Forrest can make it we will have 6 coachs for the weekend. Now I am wondering about the Place to go. Mennifee Lakes or Canyon RV Park. some have made references to the traffic noise at Canyon RV Park by the 91 freeway. Some more input would be great and should I put in another poll? Merry Christmas and a happy New Year, I guess you can still say "Merry Christmas". Bob,:D Pat,:D and the cat:eek:

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Puhuuee

Dennis and Deb, The real name is Wilderness Lakes RV resort. I looked at several "blogs" about the park. I guess its a nice place, BUT its real close to a DAIRY FARM. Do the math on that. Someone in our discussions said they have stayed there. So I need someone to tell us what it is really like. I think I posted something about it before. It is a Thousand Trails Resort. Soooo you have to listen to the speel to get a free weekend. Maybe a little traffic noise is better than flies and Smell. Just type in "Wildernes Lakes RV Resort" on your browser and read it yourself. Just make sure you get the one in Menifee, cause there are some other ones out of state. Bob,Pat,and cat :D :D :eek:

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Bob, Patty and DennisZ
We have stayed at Wilderness Lakes before, Not too bad even with the cow farm. Yes there is a little smell. Check to see if it is still there, I have heard it is going. The lakes there are for flood control as it is a flood plane. Fish in the lakes, catfish I think. We have not been there for a couple of years though.
Rand

DennisZ

We didn't have a problem with the noise, but my brother-in-law (had a older MH at the time) didn't like it, said it kept him awake at night, but so did his heater. Others that were with us didn't have a problem either.

Traffic noise vs smell of cows???? I would personally pay the price rather than listen to a sales pitch for a couple of free? nights.

Here's a link to RV Park Reviews on Wilderness Lakes.... http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/California/Menifee.html

Dennis

Bob&Patty

Merry Christmas, Dennis, and Congress voted and said I can still say it. Anyway thanks for the info, if Pat and I get a chance, maybe in the next week or so, we'll go there and sniff around:rolleyes: . If you catch my drift. Keep the shiny side up and always down wind or up wind,which ever is best. Bob :D :D :eek:

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Other Heartlands??

A quik question with out a poll. Would anyone with a "BIG HORN" object to other Heartland products joining in our Socal rally in February? There a quite a few TT's and Toyhaulers in our area also. Post some thoughts in the "discussions" area. It would not make me unhappy if they wanted to join in. Bob,Pat,and the:eek: cat

DennisZ

Bob
About the other Heartland products, I thought it WAS a Heartland rally, not Bighorn rally. Bring them on, the more the the better (more good stuff for a pot luck).

Dennis

Bob&Patty

More FOOOOOD!

Dennis, my thoughts exactly. Maybe I should put a ralling call in all the different product lines. What ya think. Bob, Pat,and:eek: the cat

Bob&Patty

Ooooooooooooookkkkkkk!!

Dennis, I am going to PM Jim and see if there a better way to do it. Thanks for the support. Bob

Bob&Patty

Socal Rally Is For Everyone !!!!!!!

Just so everyone knows, the SOCAL RALLY is for Heartland owners, not just BH's. SOOOOOOOO, lets get out and support Heartland. We could out do the Texas bunch. What do we have to do " eat a bug"? Bob, Pat, and:eek: the cat

Bob&Patty

Canyon rv park

Well after reading some Emails and PM's sent to me and checking out Wilderness Parks, I believe that www.canyonrvpark.com would be the place to go. It is pretty central for most people who have showed interest. They do have cabins to rent for those who have not received their coaches or TV's yet, and fire pits. It is an open camp ground, no memberships. So, by the poll, it looks like the 23rd of February is the date. Any other suggestions, let me know,or post them in the "discussions" so we can firm this up. Bob :D:D:eek:

Bob&Patty

Raise your hands

OK gang, remember this is the 1st and only 1st Socal Rally ever. So if you planning to attend PLEASE RAISE YOUR HANDS AND SAY "I" . I will need to know soon so I can call the park and have them set aside some spots that are together. I still need to know about how many are coming. I would like to give them 2 or 3 weeks lead time. You will need to call and make your own reservations. PLEASE keep me informed as soon as you can. Thanks Bob, Pat, and the:eek:cat

frumbawa

Sorry Bob&Patty,

I voted for that particular weekend but unfortunately, something has come up and we won't be able to make it.

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.