Dish Carryout & DVR

RB2012

Currently I have a carryout winegard dome, mounted on my ladder on my 2012 Bighorn. My receiver is a dish VIP211K. I want to replace the 211k with a dua receiver with a built in DVR. There are 2 coax outputs on the dome that I have wires coming into my entertainment cabinet. IF I purchase the dual dvr receiver can i watch one program and record another as long as the channels are on the same satellite. Has anyone done this. The dome ant has only one LNB and can only view one sat at a time and toggles to another sat if you change channels that are on a different sat.

Thanks RC Waltman

TXTiger

I have a 211K also. The 211K is a duel receiver. It has a coax out to run a line to a second monitor and it also has a USB for an external hard drive DVR. The drawback is that both monitors (tv's) will be viewing the same program, you can not watch a different program on the second tv. Also if you are recording a program you must be watching that program. If you are playing back a program both tv's will be playing back the same program. What you want to do is get a second receiver like the newer 211Z. Run a second coax line from the sat to the second receiver. Connect your tv to the second receiver. Then you can have separate programing to the 2nd tv, assuming the channel is on the same sat. The 211Z also has a USB to hook up a second external hard drive DVR if you want to record/playback a program while someone else is watching a program on the main tv.