Dish Network- Review

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Just wanted to give a review of the Dish Network service we have for the RV.

Installed the King Tailgater on top the trailer the other day. Last night the wife called the 800 number to activate service. 4 minutes and 37 seconds later, phone call was done, service was activated. 35 minutes later, all of our channels and updates were there.

Very happy for just under $10 a month for the Dish on the Go service.

'Lil Guy'

We're also pleased with Dish's service and price. Seems to get a lot of Hi Def channels also. However, your 4 minute call beat our initial set up.lol Looking forward to catching another of your rallies in the future.

JWalker

This year’s activation went quick and smoothly. Last year we had to call twice. Both times went smoothly. But the first time, we did not receive all of our channels. Whatever they did when we called the second time worked.

Madison can’t go on any type of trip without at least the Food Network running 24/7.

oldelmer1

Very happy for just under $10 a month for the Dish on the Go service.

Jamie, you pay under $10.00 a month?? What plan, I have the 250 plan plus locals and its $89.00

If you install their app, you can do pay as you go from the app and change your locations too. No phone call needed.

JWalker

Jamie, you pay under $10.00 a month?? What plan, I have the 250 plan plus locals and its $89.00

If you install their app, you can do pay as you go from the app and change your locations too. No phone call needed.

No... we have the 250 channel plan at home for about $100. It only cost $10 to add the RV on.

pegmikef

You're lucky, it takes me longer than that to get local channels!

Jay, you use the app don't you. Only takes a minute or so to get local channels with it (but takes a few minutes to download them after they've been installed).

Lynn1130

If you already have DISH you just add the receiver in the RV to your plan for $7 a month. The App allows you to have the information on your plan, on your phone and when you need to reactivate the RV receiver it can be done with the App. A couple of minutes and the receiver is alive again. No more waiting on the phone for someone to send a signal and then restarting the receiver to be sure it works.

I had to edit this because it is $7 not $10.

Last edited:

Chippendale

Since I live in the South and use the trailer almost every month, I have them regularly charge me $7.00 each month for a receiver without the recorder on it that stays on the trailer. I have the "America's Top 200" plan with local channels, and can get my local Austin channels most anywhere I am in Texas and I seldom watch "local channels" even at home much less away from home. So far, I am very satisfied with Dish except in bad weather.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Mike I can't use the app to change my locals because I use the Joeys and Hopper. When I used the Carryout I could use the app.