Dish Tailgater crashed and wil have to be replaced...................

Kandy

Has any one had to replace one of these? Have been looking around. What would be a good choice for replacement?

Any comments would be helpful.
Kandy

Last edited by a moderator:

Kandy

We've used our Tailgater four years full time; no problems.. What happened to yours?
It just will not search. Spent at least two hours over the past 4 days talking to Customer No Service. It worked when we hooked up then the next day died.
DISH said "It Needs To Be Replaced". DUH. I knew that. Just a little skeptical of Tailgate and King Controls. Maybe the new ones are better . Ours came with
the LANDMARK so it's probably 5 yr. old.

Westwind

First I have read of this happening but they do have refurbished ones out there that do come with a warranty, I was temped but I just bought a new style instead because I
liked the idea of hooking up two TV's to it.

GOTTOYS

I called King Controls when mine quit and they determined it was one of the two motors inside. I drove over there about 30 miles from me. They sold me the part (2 new motors, upgraded) and told me how to install them. had it fixed within 15 minutes. I'd call back and talk to someone else. I got GREAT service from them...Don

happykraut

My neighbors tailgater got blown off the roof of his fiver in that storm yesterday. I have a feeling I'll be passing some of this info on to him.

carl.swoyer

A call to the dish manufacture may help you repair it. I recently found a Magnum ms2812 inverter in the dumpster. I called Magnum tech support and they helped me bench test it over the phone. Ended up being the ac board. Found it for $171.00.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Gizzy

Bought ours about 5 yrs ago. After a few months I had a problem and called King Controls. They were great to work with and I am sure they will go out of their way to help you. Of course I was still under warranty at the time, but I would bet their service would be the same.

I called King Controls when mine quit and they determined it was one of the two motors inside. I drove over there about 30 miles from me. They sold me the part (2 new motors, upgraded) and told me how to install them. had it fixed within 15 minutes. I'd call back and talk to someone else. I got GREAT service from them...Don