Do You Name Your Rig?

MTPockets

We lived and travelled full time on our Boat until we sold her in 2006. The boat was a 39Ft. Trawler and we travelled from Lake Michigan down the rivers to Mobile, AL around FL and up the East Coast ICW - through Canada, Georgian Bay, back to Lake Michigan ......... Our greatest trip ever! Our boat was named "MT Pockets" - which we felt was very appropriate given the coast to travel and live this way. Sooo, we decided to put the name on our Big Horn, so if you see a rig with MT Pockets on the rear, you'll know the story. (Look close - name above window)Does anyone name their rig?

DSCN7264.JPG P7280030.JPG

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ours is called the "Mammoth". She was just sooooo much bigger than our 21ft bumper pull, it just fit!

I added a decal, "The Dorsey's Mammoth" on the off-door side, right near the nose.

We named our blog: mammothtravels.blogspot.com/

photo.jpg

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Haven't thought about lettering our coach but we do call her the "Grey Ghost". What a great idea :eek:. And love the way you did it.

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Haven't thought about lettering our coach but we do call her the "Grey Ghost". What a great idea :eek:. And love the way you did it.

Nathan, maybe you oughta put the name on that orange flag pole........:rolleyes:

Oh, I named ours "Big Country"......and what a coincidence.....the name is ALREADY on the fiver!!!:confused::confused::confused:

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Hmmmm....I guess ours could be 'The Pod' since we are 2psnapod! (translation: Two Peas in a Pod)

shelsay

At a recent dog show, we saw a motorhome with the license plate "BMDCR8." That would be a good name for our Grand Canyon (Bernese Mountain Dog Crate).

Pat

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
"Hastey Hide-a-Way" That's what DW call's it. I just call it the creature that drinks the diesel.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
DW has threatened to have a graphics artist paint on our BC in red lettering - "Never Satisfied". Now how could she come up with that?

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Mark named ours the TOT since he named the truck Tator. He claims TOT stands for Temple of Testerone. I let him think that he can keep the name. After all, I win far more than he does, so I have to give him one every once in awhile.....
LOL

Kristy

truknutt

Committed Member
We refer to the Cyclone as our "rolling command center" but, following the previous leads...I guess since we refer to the truck as "The Beast" it's only fitting that we should call the Cyclone "Beauty"!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We call our Bighorn "Home" and the Ford F250 "Truck" but sometimes Truck is "Bertha" from the old 66 Ford F250 with 4spd Manual.

Not really inventive I guess.

BC