Door side slide 2015 BH 3010re

Sheila161

The plastic covering along the underside edge of slide is ripping exposing wood. We can't pull the slide in without doing further damage. Not sure if it's ripping on the way in or out. Will call factory tomorrow, wondering if anyone else has had issues.uploadfromtaptalk1436827230578.jpguploadfromtaptalk1436827266124.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Garypowell

I have a 3010 but can see enough to get a perspective of exactly where the problem is. I had a roller problem on the kitchen slide but I fixed it myself.

Calling the the factory is your best option.

Sheila161

Thanks for responding! I will call tomorrow.....my husband is handy so maybe they can talk him through it. Disappointing to say the least.

Sheila161

No.....it's dry. Thank goodness. It's the residue from a black tape that covered it.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
All though it is dry now it sure looks like water damage and the plys of the floor have come apart.
When the rollers on one of my slides started doing damage I added some galvanized sheet metal.
Has anyone looked at the rollers to be sure they are doing their job correctly?
I have attached a pic of my repair job.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365113364729.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365113364729.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 108

Sheila161

Hi. Talking to my husband, he said he thinks there is water damage. I'm hoping Heartland takes care of this. We'll check all the slides this weekend.
Thanks for the pic.

danemayer

Let me suggest that when you talk to Customer Service, let them do most of the talking. Ask what they think caused the problem and how that might have developed.

Look at the other slides and see if there's a difference that you can ask them about. Perhaps there's something missing on that side.

Sheila161

It's out of warranty by 3 weeks & they probably won't cover it. Disappointing to say the least, these units are too much money to have this happen so soon. That slide has probably been opened & cosed 4 or 5 times. 6 max.

danemayer

It's out of warranty by 3 weeks & they probably won't cover it. Disappointing to say the least, these units are too much money to have this happen so soon. That slide has probably been opened & cosed 4 or 5 times. 6 max.

3 weeks out of warranty or not, you should call Heartland to discuss it. Phone calls don't cost much.

Garypowell

I would call again and kindly ask to be moved up the chain for a review. Others here might be able to give you the direct name to call.

Besides reviewing the facts point out that though 3 weeks out of warranty the problem started and the damage was done prior to the warrant being up. And most don't go under their slides on a daily basis.

Good luck.

Sheila161

Good point! Calling local dealer tomorrow also. We got our BH out of state from a reputable dealer, but its 4 to 5 hours away.

Plus, on our kitchen side, there is a bar on the underside that was hanging, a screw broke, my husband fixed that. But this weekend we will definitely check out all the slides to make sure everything is in order.

It's probably some silly screw or roller thats not in right that caused all the damage. Ugh. I would expect this after many years or lots of travel time, not being a seasonal camper where it sits!

Thanks for responding, it means a lot.

Sheila161

Our bedroom slide is now having issues and the shower holding tank is falling out of the bottom of the rig! Great!

SheShe

'Lil Guy'

All though it is dry now it sure looks like water damage and the plys of the floor have come apart.
When the rollers on one of my slides started doing damage I added some galvanized sheet metal.
Has anyone looked at the rollers to be sure they are doing their job correctly?
I have attached a pic of my repair job.

Peace
Dave
Dave, did you do this on all slides or just the problem area? I'm looking at a new BH now. Looks like it would work as preventative maintenance. Thanks in advance.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The only slide I was concerned with is the large kitchen slide with the refrigerator in it.
It is heavy and that is the only one with rollers causing the damage.
A PM sounds like a good idea.

Peace
Dave

Bones

Does your refrigerator have an ice maker or water line to it? If so it may be leaking

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We do have an ice maker but the problem was on the other end of the slide. It was not water.
The issue stems from the weight of the slide on the rollers. After repeated opening and closing of the slide the rollers finally took a toll on the plastic coating of the floor.

Peace
Dave