Door Side Slide Awning (not slide toppers)

jpmorgan37

Rear window shade

phranc;

Back in July you were asking about a rear window awning. I just found this site and it has some interesting possibilities. Check out the photo gallery and you'll see what I mean. Looks like they use the same material that Class A's use on their windshields covers. http://www.rvshadeshack.com/Gallery?page=3&

John

Paul & Nan

I created a cover for the rear window-ordered the screen fabric from Seattle Fabrics.com-stitched a hem all around-heavy duty velcro to hold on. Saw some similar to pics you referenced in a campground and decided I could do it. Cost-under $50. Yes the fabric is similar to that for MH windshields. Nan:)

jbeletti

Great link John. I looked over their entire site. I had always wondered why they put covers over their wipers and mirrors.

Is that material semi-transparant from one direction or is it the same form both sides (~90% light block)?

Nancy,

Maybe you can show your screen at the rally in June. I'd like to see it.

Jim

Paul & Nan

Jim- we will have the cover in place. To your question about ability to see thru- you can see out is daytime. other can see in at night. It is like the stuff resturaunts use to sheild from sun. There are 2 or 3 different percentages of sun blocking, depending on where you look for the stuff. Nan

jpmorgan37

New Fifth Wheel Skirt

:DI received the skirt for my coach yesterday and the Shade Shack did a nice job. It took them six days from the time I ordered it until it was delivered. From this experience, I would recommend them, and price wise, I haven't found any better.

John

ct0218

My window awning arrived today. I bought a single awning for the dining / living room slideout windows, matches the main awning. Now the fun part-installing-on a downhill slope!

Tom of Ypsi

Clark, When you get the awning installed please post a picture and let us know how the install went.
Thanks, Tom

ct0218

Will do. I'm headed to Tallahassee next weekend to be with Gail a few days, so I'll install it then. I haven't posted any photos on the forum, but I'm sure that somewhere on here are instructions.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
awning

I have been trying to post the pictures of my patio awning that we had attached to our door side slide out. Keep getting the message that internet explorer cannot find the web site. Guess I will need to call my son. I will eventually get them posted.

trdeal

patio awning

Here are some pictures of the patio awning I had installed on my door side slide-out. I think that Bill Plemmons did a really neat,professional job.

Attachments

• DSC01433.jpg
    DSC01433.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC01432.jpg
    DSC01432.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC01431.jpg
    DSC01431.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC01430.jpg
    DSC01430.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC01429.jpg
    DSC01429.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC01428.jpg
    DSC01428.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC01427.jpg
    DSC01427.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 44

ct0218

Looks good, really turned out well. What did you have to do to post the photos? I still have to post my window awning photos, just haven't had time.

tdharley

That looks real nice. I thought that it might take away from the clean look of the slider , but I was wrong.

trdeal

ct0218 said:
Looks good, really turned out well. What did you have to do to post the photos? I still have to post my window awning photos, just haven't had time.
Well, I just called my son Josh, and he came over. He is a member on a site called photobucket.com. They are a free video and image sharing web site. I entered my message and then went down to manage attachments.He then moved the pictures from my documents to photobucket.com, They give you a code to enter in the upload file from url section of manage attachments. I am not sure of all the computer talk, but maybe you get the idea. If I ever need any help I just call Josh. He is a good son and we are very proud of him. We have a beautiful daughter, Kala, that we are very proud of also.Thanks for the good words.We think it turned out well also.

trdeal

tdharley said:
That looks real nice. I thought that it might take away from the clean look of the slider , but I was wrong.
Thanks TD. We are excited about trying it out. We have a trip planned to Myrtle Beach at Christmas. We hope to try it out then.

K

Ken Washington

Hi Terry,
Looks real nice! Next time you are camping, please take a picture with both awnings out. I bet you will get a lot of people asking questions and looking at it!

Ken