Door Side Slide Awning (not slide toppers)

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Ken Washington said:
Hi Terry,
Looks real nice! Next time you are camping, please take a picture with both awnings out. I bet you will get a lot of people asking questions and looking at it!

Ken
I will do that Ken and thanks.

ct0218

This is the single window awning I installed a week ago.

Attachments

• oct06 012 (Small).jpg
    oct06 012 (Small).jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 75
  • oct06 013 (Small).jpg
    oct06 013 (Small).jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 69

Midastouch

I NEED one of those!

ct0218...

I've been waiting to see pics of the single awning over that slide. Thanks for posting ... that is what I want for my Grand Canyon...same colors too, to match. Did that come from Camping World, was it made to your specs or ordered as to sizes they had available and what was the install like? I'll have to make sure my resources for the installation can handle the job!

Looks great!

ct0218

Yes I ordered it from CW, they had it on sale. I'm not sure if it is now or not. They are made to order from the factory and arrived in 6-7 days. They install was not too bad, about 1 1/2 hours. I was on a fairly steep downslope on that side and it was a little difficult because of that. I did it alone, but I recommend that you have help installing the mounting rail and sliding the awning into that rail. You really need 4 hands, 2 at each end (about 12 feet apart), otherwise it is tough. I ordered it with the metal shield to match the awning, and it extends about 6 -8 inches beyond the windows. Freight ran about $75 because of the length, and the delivery address has to be accessible to an 18 wheeler or pick it up at the truck terminal. It really helps a lot keeping the sun out. The color is fawn.

ct0218

I have looked around my home for the paperwork to see exactly what size I ordered but apparently I filed it in the Landmark. Anyway, any awning over 8 ft long only comes in 1 foot increments. I don't remember if mine is 11' or 12' long.

Midastouch

ct0218 ...

I appreciate the info ... I am going to order one soon and wanted to get some direction as to what and where! Thanks again.

Midastouch

Finally ordered a window awning ...

ct0218 ...

Just ordered a full window awning for my slide on the Grand Canyon. Since we were taking the little trip to Knoxville, etc... I called Camping World and ordered the 11ft. polar white/fawn awning with metal shield and they will install it on the Friday that we head home. I'm excited it after looking at your pics again and about covering up those windows with summer on the way ... I'm sure it will help keep that hot sun out of those dining slide windows!

Midastouch

Well ... I mentioned the awning purchase to him on my last email about our trip over there and he didn't mention anything ... I also found out that they have had death in the family and dealing with that, so ... I'm just looking forward to seeing them again ... I can say that they have saved me plenty $$$ on my initial trip last year and I feel well ahead of the game, so to speak! :D

Midastouch

BTW ... they have a special on the awnings ... free shipping or installation (I chose the shipping, of course) and I also got free 3 year extended warranty ... so ... I'll have to feel good about that! :rolleyes:

Midastouch

The awning can't help but make things better, for sure! My GC is parked with the doorside facing East and that sun shines and beats down on the unit until mid afternoon so there is no way I can go wrong there!:D

andy

slide out awning full length

Here are some pictures of the patio awning I had installed on my door side slide-out. I think that Bill Plemmons did a really neat,professional job.
Larry this is what i want to do to my bighorn 3600 rl is your slideout 12ft if it is can you tell me what brand an what size awning you used possible model # . can you tell me how far over from the side trim you mounted the arms

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Larry this is what i want to do to my bighorn 3600 rl is your slideout 12ft if it is can you tell me what brand an what size awning you used possible model # . can you tell me how far over from the side trim you mounted the arms
Hi Andy, My name is Terry not Larry but since I wrote the Quote that you included in your post, I will try to answer your question. The door side slideout is a little over 12ft long. The awning is an A&E Dometic and is app 128 inches long. The model number is 8483000-402B, product number 958397588. The awning is mounted at the top 5 inches from the inside of the trim, and the awning arm is mounted 4 1/2 inches from the inside of the trim at the bottom. I was trying to measure by myself so all the numbers are approximate.Hope all this helps. If you have any more questions let me know. We really, really enjoy the second awning.I don't think you will be sorry if you install it. Terry