Drain For What?

Dave

Traveling Two
During our trip from Jasper, AL to Marion, AR, we temp parked our 2013 Big Horn 3010RE at a slight angle with the exit door being the low side. We saw water coming out from under the slide out, behind the wheels, onto the ground and located under the reclining chairs. There is a blue water line and 90 degree drain spicket where the water is coming from but where is the source of the water? Thanks!!

danemayer

Hi Dave,

Your 2013 has the 4-way Anderson Valve in the UDC, which lets you fill the fresh tank using pressurized city water, rather than the old gravity fill system. To protect the tank from rupturing, it has an overflow drain and it sounds like that's what you have located.

pegmikef

During our trip from Jasper, AL to Marion, AR, we temp parked our 2013 Big Horn 3010RE at a slight angle with the exit door being the low side. We saw water coming out from under the slide out, behind the wheels, onto the ground and located under the reclining chairs. There is a blue water line and 90 degree drain spicket where the water is coming from but where is the source of the water? Thanks!!

The blue line is the drain hose for your fresh water tank. If water is draining, make sure the spigot is closed. If, however, the water is actually coming out of another line to the left of the drain line, then that is your fresh water tank overflow line that Dan pointed out. I just went through a drill of adding an inline check valve because the one on my pump is apparently bad and my water tank was slowly filling when I was hooked up to city water. Check your fresh water tank level as you might have a similar problem.

Dave

Traveling Two
The blue line is the drain hose for your fresh water tank. If water is draining, make sure the spigot is closed. If, however, the water is actually coming out of another line to the left of the drain line, then that is your fresh water tank overflow line that Dan pointed out. I just went through a drill of adding an inline check valve because the one on my pump is apparently bad and my water tank was slowly filling when I was hooked up to city water. Check your fresh water tank level as you might have a similar problem.

Thanks everyone for your input. I keep water in the fresh water tank esp when we travel, so I'm now agreeing it is fresh water overflow, thanks again!!

olcoon

Our Elk Ridge has a drain for the fresh water tank near the wheels on the off door side, AND a low point drain on the door side near the steps (door is at the rear), with a red & blue hose. I'd left them open & the hot water tank drained, & I wasn't aware of it. Fortunately I discovered the HW tank was empty & didn't turn on the electric switch for the tank. You might want to check to make sure there is water in the HW tank before you use it.