driving with full waste tank?

herefishy

We're staying at a national forest campground, and have to drive 10 miles on a dirt road to dump - are the BH holding tanks designed to hold up to this kind of abuse, or should we buy a $40 dollar camp site to dump in, instead of the dirt road?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Drive slowly and don't get too crazy with the bumps and you should be okay.

It's not my preferred way of doing things, but I have done it. Trace

Urban350

I have been hauling with my tanks full and have not had one fall out yet. It is a long way to a dump station from were I camp.

brianharrison

The tanks themselves are designed to hold full capcacity and not fail. The support structure around that tanks that hold the tank in the unit are different from trailer to trailer. My Landmark waste tanks are molded with a lip along two sides and are "hung" from support beams. The tank is molded similar to this link (not the actual tank in my Landmark but similar to give you a picture).

I do not worry about carrying a full waste tank down the road. I would not spend the extra money on the full serviced campground.

Hope this helps.
Brian

jcarnevale

No worries, all tanks are well hung (pun intended:)). As brianharrison said "waste tanks are molded with a lip along two sides and are "hung" from support beams" one of those beams is removable for tank replacement when needed. The straps below the tanks are just in case, and are usually loose. Below is a picture of the Sundance assembly-line showing the black tank hanging from a support beam in the front and a removable beam in the back. Not to mention that it will probably help clean your black tank in the process. You may want to watch your gross vehicle weight if all tanks are full.

021.jpg