Dyna Beads for tire Balance

Snakebite

How about some input on using Dyna Beads or any similar product in my 5th Wheel tires (ST225 75R15), Sundance XLT 245RL. Is it a good idea, bad idea or just another panacea/sugar pill?

I have the Aluminum Wheels on my 2011 unit. If used... Should any existing balance weights be left in place?

TNX
Snakebite

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have my tires balanced the standard way. It has worked just fine for me.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
It's proven the Dyna Beads work, you will need less beads if your tires are balanced first. The advantage is the beads will maintain the tires balance for life. The beaded tires need to spin 45 mph+ for the beads to work properly, many tire shop balancing machines won't read correctly when the beads are used.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Snake, I guess they work but are UGLY. I have mine balanced the old fashion way. Works great for me.

GOTTOYS

I just read an article in last months RIDER magazine, a motorcycle publication. Sounds to me like the author of the article wasn't that convinced that they work. He included a lot of technical stuff that went over my head as to why he felt that way. It all made sense to me, I think. I've always been suspicious of miracle cures and snake oil. Whether it works or not I don't know. I know the standard method of balancing works without question. The weights are reusable and it is available almost anywhere. I can see no reason to use Dyna Beads when a perfectly good and proven method of balancing is available...JMHO..Don

Snakebite

I was really surprised to find that the tires on my new 245RL were not balanced at the factory. Either that, or they are all just perfect.... there is not a once of lead on any of the wheels. Guess I had better get it done.

Snakebite

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I have never owned a trailer that the tires where balanced from the factory. I guess they feel that there is enough weight on the tires so they won't shake at high speed. Most Big Rig tires are not balanced either. But they do not spin as fast as smaller tires do. It's tire speed (RPM's) that cause the balance problems. Have your tires balanced and have balanced staticly and dynamicly.

Snakebite

Went to town today and had them balanced. I called the Dyna Beads number given on their web site... wasn't too impressed with the guy's answers. I've looked around on the web and really can't find any independent review reguarding the use of Beads in Travel trailer tires. I did find some discussion about using them in motorcycle tires... but the only RV data/discussion was stuff put out by the Bead dealers. I think I'll just stay with the spin balance.

Snakebite

porthole

Retired
When I had new tires and wheels installed last year they were equipped with the "Equal" tire balancing product.
Didn't know anything about it at the time and quite frankly, since they were being installed at 8:30pm I really didn't care.
But I was impressed with the tire dealer I was working with and took his word on the product.

Couldn't tell you one way or the other if it works, but have no reason to doubt that it doesn't.

Deb has "road tested" the trailer at 60 mph and didn't say one way or the other, so I take that as a "working" product.

http://imiproducts.com/equal.html?gclid=CJ_0__fBiqgCFUx95QodpH9YCg

http://www.expeditionexchange.com/equal/