Electric Awning Angle Adjustable?

Greetings,

We recently took delivery of a 2016 Resort 40 FE. It has a 20' electric awning that when extended is fairly parallel to the ground. It would provide more shade if the "outside edge" could be angled down. Does anyone know if that is possible with electric awnings? Thanks.

OEFVET

Yes, there are 5 positions to adjust the angle. You will see a spring loaded button on each arm. You can do it yourself by adjusting the front at the angle you desire and then match it with the rear. Just push in the button and slide the arm to the position you want.

wrgrs50s

Mine is a Dometic and it has a knob on the underside of the elbow of the awning and you can just pull down on the elbow and it lowers the awning, then tighten the knob and it will maintain that height. The downside of that is you must not forget to loosen the knob before you attempt to roll it back up. Each brand uses a different method but I have yet to see an electric awning that does'nt have an adjustment. Google the make and model of yours and I'm sure you'll find your answer, or list it here and someone with the same model may respond.

Westwind

That looks like a different awning then wrgrs50's is. I also have a Dometic and there isn't a pin but the know that is loosened to pitch the awning or tilt it down SLIGHTLY. I don't have a high opinion of this awning and at any sign of gusts or strong wind it goes up. It spends more time up then down.

OEFVET

I'm not sure what model awning the Cyclones come with but so far it has been very sturdy. We are very happy with it.

Last edited:

OEFVET

Yes, nice to see new technology being developed. It seems to work very well. I remember when I was at the Hershey Show walking around the Cyclone. It was raining and would automatically dump the rain by dropping down on the corner if it got to a certain weight. I learned early on not to be standing in the corner during rain fall. Overall works well.

I confirmed that my awning (electric) is not adjustable. I can pull down slightly on one side or the other to dump water during a rain, but I can't change the pitch. Thanks for the replies!

OK, I'm an idiot....I learned this past weekend that my awning is in fact adjustable. My campground neighbor showed me where the adjustment pins are on each arm, I just hadn't been able to see them due to height/line of sight. In the future, I will pay more attention!!