electric slide - not...

fndrbndr

To be able to use the rod I will have to move the steps and also drill a hole thru the outside of the I guess you would call it the outside fairing. Have used this forum for several complaints and just get ignored or either told I'm not using it the right way. When the slide motor quit I ended up using a pipe wrench to be able to move the slide back in. Even had to go buy a pipe wrench because who keeps one that big with them.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
To be able to use the rod I will have to move the steps and also drill a hole thru the outside of the I guess you would call it the outside fairing. Have used this forum for several complaints and just get ignored or either told I'm not using it the right way. When the slide motor quit I ended up using a pipe wrench to be able to move the slide back in. Even had to go buy a pipe wrench because who keeps one that big with them.

I bet some photos of your problem will help with the free forum responces....

Jim & Harriet

slide problem

i was going to say the same.
can you add some photos? that might help us be able to provide better info about fixing your slide problem.

the reality is - a pipe wrench should not be needed. if it is ever necessary, accessing the hand crank should be easy. :)