Elkridge 2016 30mbhs bought new then dealer went bankrupt before able to walk me through systems

Ssteinbr

Hi there, I bought my 39MBHS rv new this year. I finally found the access panel to the hot water heater by taking out a panel in the basement. Then by sliding another panel back I found the pump. The pump is totally inaccessible and I was wondering if there is a trick or a different area to access it for winterization. Also which way should all the valves be turned in order to use the hot water tank? Every way I try there is about 90 second of lukewarm water and that's it. Also another lady in our park said the 12 volt switch on the control panel is for propane? It's so frustrating as none of the documentation that came with it covers this. Any assistance is appreciated.

jimtoo

Hi Ssteinbr,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.
I'm sure some of oudr other members will jump in soon with some help for you on that unit.
Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi Ssteinbr,

You're in luck. We have a number of owner-written user guides that will help you fill in the blanks. There's a Water Systems Guide that should help you figure everything out. Page 24 has a photo of a typical water heater bypass valve arrangement. For winterizing, the lines coming out of the water heater have the valves closed, and the crossover line's valve is open. To de-winterize, the valve positions are reversed.

The valves typically have a place to grip the valve. When the grip is aligned with the pex line, it's open. When perpendicular to the pex line, it's closed.

Your Elkridge probably has a clear antifreeze suction hose attached near the pump. Location can vary a lot by model and floor plan, so if you can't find it, perhaps another 30mbhs owner will chime in.

Check your outside shower to make sure the faucets are turned off. If left on, hot and cold water will mix, giving you lukewarm water.

There's also a Water Heater Usage Guide that describes the electric and propane switches and operation. It's based on a Suburban unit. If you have an Atwood, the secondary switch on electric won't be there.

You can also get to the user guides by clicking on the TOOLS tab at top of page and selecting HUG - Heartland User Guides.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Ssteinbr, just curious where you are, perhaps we could help you out. Did you buy from Sunridge RV? Doug