ElkRidge - Water Heater By-Pass Valve Location

Randy3911

I just took delivery on my 2017 Elkridge 30rlt. This is our second RV, first being a Sundance bumper pull. It had the by-pass valves for winterizing the water heater. They are exposed under the pass-thru. I can not see any valves on the Elkridge. Does it have a by-pass system like the Sundance? If so, how do I get to it? As far as I can tell, I would have to take screws out and remove the panel around the water heater. I have figured out all of the rest of the systems, except this one.

Thanks,

Randy

olcoon

If you've got the Anderson valve, it should be incorporated in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Randy3911

If you've got the Anderson valve, it should be incorporated in it.

1. How do I know if I have an Anderson valve?
2. If I have one, where is it located?
3. What does it look like?
4. How is it operated?

danemayer

1. How do I know if I have an Anderson valve?
2. If I have one, where is it located?
3. What does it look like?
4. How is it operated?

Hi Randy3911,

Take a look at our owner-written Water Systems User Guide. Page 9 has a picture of the Anderson Valve. Page 24 shows the 2 types of water heater bypass schemes. Since you haven't found a single bypass valve yet, it's likely you have the setup with 3 separate valves located behind the water heater. If the water heater is near your pass through basement storage, you probably do have to remove the panel on the rear wall of the storage area.

Randy3911

Hi Randy3911,

Take a look at our owner-written Water Systems User Guide. Page 9 has a picture of the Anderson Valve. Page 24 shows the 2 types of water heater bypass schemes. Since you haven't found a single bypass valve yet, it's likely you have the setup with 3 separate valves located behind the water heater. If the water heater is near your pass through basement storage, you probably do have to remove the panel on the rear wall of the storage area.

Thanks, I'll check that out. Otherwise, if I don't hear from someone who as an Elkridge like mine I will call my dealer and ask them.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Our bypass is located with three separate valves located directly behind the hot water tank. Located inside basement, in off door side. 4 screws to remove panel and hot water heater is located behind.

Not sure if the tank is located there with your particular floor plan.

richheck

Seasoned Member
I just took delivery on my 2017 Elkridge 30rlt. This is our second RV, first being a Sundance bumper pull. It had the by-pass valves for winterizing the water heater. They are exposed under the pass-thru. I can not see any valves on the Elkridge. Does it have a by-pass system like the Sundance? If so, how do I get to it? As far as I can tell, I would have to take screws out and remove the panel around the water heater. I have figured out all of the rest of the systems, except this one.

Thanks,

Randy

According to the sales brochure for your coach it should be equipped with the bypass system. I see (by the same brochure) that you have a UDC area for most of your hookups, that is where the bypass vale is located in my Landmark.

Randy3911

According to the sales brochure for your coach it should be equipped with the bypass system. I see (by the same brochure) that you have a UDC area for most of your hookups, that is where the bypass vale is located in my Landmark.

Thanks, I will look at that tomorrow.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I'm guessing it's behind the water heater as well. The ElkRidge line is not in the top three "luxury" category, so that may mean it doesn't have the "easy bypass levers" in the UDC. Our 2010 ElkRidge had them behind the water heater. Not really a big deal except you have to get into the basement to access them. We learned to winterize/dewinterize ourselves and could do it fairly quickly.... we liked to take our ElkRidge skiing. So often we'd leave Texas fully winterized and then unwinterize in Colorado. Rewinterize before going home again, if the weather was going to be below freezing on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk