Entertainment\Fridge slide, causing floor damage.

Marcs

It seems as though the slide is missing rollers or something. I have a 2018 3670 Big Horn. Some of the seal has been left on the floor, after the slide is extended. There is floor damage (gouging) to the linoleum too.Wood chips from the outside of the slide floor. The outside floor or bottom covering is showing sign of gouging in two places. Any advise would be appreciated.

jolar3329

I cut the rubber off of the rollers, then replaced the floor covering. The flooring guy said that the dealer will charge about $2000 saying that the slide has to be removed to replace the rollers, then all the dealer does is cut the rubber off of the rollers.

danemayer

Get down on the floor with a flashlight to see how the rollers look in the area that's damaged. You'll likely find that the bracket that holds the roller is broken.

Those brackets can be unscrewed from the top, without removing the slide. You do have to take off the wood trim (on the inside).

I would think you could get a replacement bracket from Heartland if you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready and ask for Parts.

It's possible a local dealer parts dep't might have one.

Last summer, at the Goshen Rally, someone had a broken bracket and took it to a local welding shop to have it fixed.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I had to replace a broken roller last year. Ordered replacement from HL parts. Realized fortunately it was broken before any damage
10dd2e6595eb4bf749d853cf3c9d9d3a.jpg

a6d81c8b4830b87453fb7555c331b044.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marcs

Thanks so much for the replies. It helps me to understand just whats going on. How's the best way to get to them. I have a residential fridge that I'm wondering of that might be some of the problem with the outside floor covering coming off. I'm sure it will have to come out to repair the problem. I'm assuming the lower drawers will get me access to the other rollers.

travelin2

Thanks so much for the replies. It helps me to understand just whats going on. How's the best way to get to them. I have a residential fridge that I'm wondering of that might be some of the problem with the outside floor covering coming off. I'm sure it will have to come out to repair the problem. I'm assuming the lower drawers will get me access to the other rollers.

You’ll have to remove the molding on the slide under the fridge as that’s the direction the roller will need removed. Mine was secured by two screws accessed by holding the rubber seal aside under the slide. I used several tapered shims to relieve the weight of the slide to remove then replace the roller

17b948a86a1985de2c45eb9205fa1e39.jpg

Removed this trim piece. Tape is temporary
f54c5d38a135c02fe4a67408c0fc08de.jpg

From under the slide. Remove those two screws
c75731c8e7352ba3e0628982cd062d43.jpg

Run the slide in a few inches onto several shims

travelin2

The part # is 0125984, 10” grey roller, $28.50 was MSRP. If you belong to the club there’s a 10% discount

Marcs

This is so much help. Can't thank you enough. One more question. How's the best way to get the moulding off, and does the complete moulding come off? Mine is quite a big, or long slide. From what I can see, it looks as though the fridge is dropping through the floor. On the outside, the plywood is drooping too. Showing signs of gouging and further towards the back, about where the oven sets, more signs of gouging.

Piperflyer

I had a roller break and tore up my floor. I also discovered heartland didn't put a roller to carry the weight under my refrigerator. They was a spot cut out for the roller.
You don't have to remove the slide to replace the broken rollers.
Remove the wood on the bottom of the slide to get at the rollers. I have a residential refrigerator with ice maker and this took the longest to remove and replace to add the missing roller. I also had all the roller beefed up with welds to strengthen before putting them back in place. Call Heartland and they will set you up with what you need. I was able to replace the rollers by myself, but you will need a good floor man to match up you flooring if it got damaged. Hope they have your flooring still in stock if you need a piece.
Good luck

2016-11-14 11.58.18 (edited-Pixlr)_preview.jpeg

2016-11-14 11.58.18_preview.jpeg2016-11-14 12.00.29_preview.jpeg2016-11-14 13.23.11_preview.jpeg

travelin2

This is so much help. Can't thank you enough. One more question. How's the best way to get the moulding off, and does the complete moulding come off? Mine is quite a big, or long slide. From what I can see, it looks as though the fridge is dropping through the floor. On the outside, the plywood is drooping too. Showing signs of gouging and further towards the back, about where the oven sets, more signs of gouging.

Well I used a putty knife to start by getting in behind the molding. I removed that 11-12’ piece under the fridge. As I recall there were about 30 wire nails holding it on. I eliminated them and reattached with 2-3 furniture screws. ( pre drill the holes first)
If you think the floor is drooping you might have some water damage. That might be worth investigating. Just saying.

travelin2

I had a roller break and tore up my floor. I also discovered heartland didn't put a roller to carry the weight under my refrigerator. They was a spot cut out for the roller.
You don't have to remove the slide to replace the broken rollers.
Remove the wood on the bottom of the slide to get at the rollers. I have a residential refrigerator with ice maker and this took the longest to remove and replace to add the missing roller. I also had all the roller beefed up with welds to strengthen before putting them back in place. Call Heartland and they will set you up with what you need. I was able to replace the rollers by myself, but you will need a good floor man to match up you flooring if it got damaged. Hope they have your flooring still in stock if you need a piece.
Good luck

View attachment 64011

View attachment 64008View attachment 64009View attachment 64010

I didn’t remove all that molding just the front piece. I accessed the roller fasteners from under the slide behind the rubber wicker seal

Marcs

This group is so comforting to ask a question to. Thank you all so much. I'll get on the phone tomorrow or the next day, when I get home. Thanks again, and keep your hands clean.