EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AZ, Tucson - 2/23/2016 to 2/28/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosanko

Hey Mark!

Can't wait to see you guys again!

Keep that outside wet bar well stocked . . . we'll need it next time we meet!

I'll supply the tunes . . . !

John,

The wet bar is always stocked, but if you want anything special either let me know or bring it with you...

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
John: We have a super Rally in Oct....I know you are busy, but just in case!!!! Is there a Colo Springs area Rally this year?? If not, maybe a few of us can get together around there on the way back from Goshen at the National Rally....coming back through that area...

Well, we usually go to a Colorado State Park (St. Vrain at Longmont Hwy 119 & I-25) over the July 4th weekend that is only a 20 minute drive from our house.

Not up in the mountains, but a very nice place to camp with all kinds of stuff to do close by!

I'll be booking this site some time soon (probably within the next couple of days) and would love some company if you or anyone else will be up this way!

Here are some shots from this campground (with full hookups and a Camping World less than five miles away):

CamperJacks-IMG_0507.jpg CamperSlideOutJacks-IMG_0510.jpg StVrainStatePark2014-IMG_2494.jpg StVrainStateParkSunset-IMG_2557.jpg

This campground was destroyed by the 2013 Colorado floods, but has been restored to it's original beauty and we like to support it in any way we can!

paulh

Garry - Count us in for the Rally, arriving on 2/22 and departing 2/28. Also add us to the RAT list if you need help. Sounds like a great facility and should be a lot of fun.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Posted some ENTERTAINMENT for our Rally on the first post..... We will be graced by the Music Doctor DJ for a few evenings of fun and music.
Our very own unofficial but we all think he is an official Member...JOHN D (CO Chapter) will bring his DJ equipment and tunes our four enjoyment...

Now I am working on another Member to provide some picking and songs as well...but have not received a confirmation as yet....Hummm Terry?

MTPockets

Posted some ENTERTAINMENT for our Rally on the first post..... We will be graced by the Music Doctor DJ for a few evenings of fun and music.
Our very own unofficial but we all think he is an official Member...JOHN D (CO Chapter) will bring his DJ equipment and tunes our four enjoyment...

Now I am working on another Member to provide some picking and songs as well...but have not received a confirmation as yet....Hummm Terry?
Hum mm, Sure I will.. Just say when...

Doublegranch

Gregg & Linda Wibbels CO Chapter has just sent me a PM and signed up for the Tucson Rodeo Rally....
Wow this makes 21 confirmed sign ups thus far.....Keep booking and I will increase the space if needed...

Doublegranch

Terry: I have you and June down for two evenings....Listed on the 1st post.
Thanks for doing this, I always enjoy your music!

Doublegranch

Mike & Edythe:

A Big Arizona Welcome and thanks for signing up! This is going to be a real hoot of a Rally....
Can't wait to meet you both.

JohnD

I hope everyone remembers to pack their cowboy hats. It is rodeo after all!

Yeeeeeee Hawwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I'll bring mine . . . guess I'll need some $#!+ kickers . . . uhhh . . . I mean some boots, too! :cool:

Doublegranch

John:

Be careful...you know I am part cowboy!
I was thinking since the name of my horse is Rodeo....wow wouldn't it be appropriate for him to come along?
He loves beer, so Mark would have a buddy to drink with...What say you?

JohnD

John:

Be careful...you know I am part cowboy!
I was thinking since the name of my horse is Rodeo....wow wouldn't it be appropriate for him to come along?
He loves beer, so Mark would have a buddy to drink with...What say you?

I know . . . I couldn't help myself . . . :eek:

I haven't had a pair of stompers since then . . . but have been eyeballing a pair I really like at the Boot Barn up by the Cabella's at I-25 and 144 th. Ave.!

I lived on a horse ranch back in the mid 70's in Bristol, Indiana (6 miles east of Elkhart, Indiana - home of Heartland RV's), and according to my late uncle Neil, I earned my HSS Degree (Horse S#!+ Shoveling), where I took care of five Appaloosa show horses.

We brought them in to their stables every night instead of leaving them outside . . . which is what they (the horses) really wanted . . . :p

Our house was right at the intersection of Elkhart County Road 21 and County Road 6.

Back then, there was a Jayco factory right next door to us . . .

I looked at the property on Google Earth a while back and it seems that the house and one of the barns is still there, but it looks like Jayco bought up a bunch of the property!

By the way, I just noticed you called me earlier . . . we can't have our cell phones on the floor at work anymore, so I didn't see that you called until I just got home a few minutes ago.

I'll call you in the morning, if thats OK . . .

As for Rodeo the horse, if he can handle his beer better than us, then maybe he can be our DGCD (designated golf cart driver)! :cool:

Doublegranch

John,
Give me a call in the morning, I will be gone by 10:30...I buy all my boots in Casper Wyo...Lou Talbots..Best styles and pricing and Louis mails them to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.