EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: FL, Seffner - 3/23/2012 to 3/25/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Guys and Girls or should I say Cowboys and Cowgirls;
Things are heating up in the costume area, for our furry kids and for the adults. I'm getting PM's refering to how much fun people are having getting their pets ready for this event and diging through closets getting themselves dressed for the country/western event. Should I drop a hint and say something about trophies for best costume, best in show; for the pets?

MICKEY

Bob and Rhonda;
We would like to welcome you guys to our Spring Rally in Seffner. We know you are going to love this event. We have planned a lot of activities we know you'll enjoy. Looking forward to meeting you guys. Does Rhonda want to attend the drivers class?

kkamshop

Mickey, you better remove me from the drivers class - our grandson who will be traveling with us is turning 7 on the 24th, so we will be doing something "special" with him that day. Thanks, Kathy

MICKEY

Kathy;
The ground school portion starts Friday and after that finishes at about 11 am the driving instructor is going to start with driving portion and try to get as many young ladies driving as possible on Friday to help with load for Saturday. I will try to get you done on Friday if you like.

ctuna0203

Charles and Beverly WattsHeartland Owners Club #14692009 Bighorn 3580 RL,5,5 ONANTRIGLIDE Air ride hitch,JT strong arm stabilizers

MICKEY

Charles and Beverly;

Thanks for adding Beverly's name to our list. I know you guys will have a blast at our rally. Did Beverly want to attend the driving class? Ground school Friday, Driving portion afterwards; Friday and Saturday.

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Hi everyone the West family is here at Lazy Days holding down the fort for the rest of you.We are glad to be here after being in an open field with no amenities for 5 days at a high school reunion.

ljsexton

Excited about the rally this week. We will be coming from SC. I have directions going I-95 to I-4 or I-95 to I-10 and coming in on US 301. Is one way any better than the other? Milage is almost the same. Will be arriving on Thursday. Looking forward to seeing everyone. :)

Bob Vaughn

Having traveled both routes hundreds of times I would take I-10 to 301 at Balwin go south until you pass Hillsborough state park go another 2-3 miles then turn left on cr 579 that will take you right to the campground. The turn onto 579 is marked by a bunch of yellow rubber posts in the road. Go south thru the 1st traffic light then a couple of more miles. When you see the second light the campground entrance is right there before the light . You cannot miss it....See you there....

Bob Vaughn

Having lived in Orlando I would rather go to the dentist than drive on I-4 the congestion starts north of Deltona and you have that mad house traffic until you are south of US27....

DougS

Doug S
Called today to ask if it was possible to come in a day early, they have no record of my reservation, even though I made it when standing in front of them, Jan. 10th. But then they couldn't find the Heartland group. Oh well, I either have one or two reservations. Will be arriving early afternoon on Wednesday, site unknown.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I agree with Bob Vaughn, 301 is a good route. We took I95 out of SC to Jackonville, 295 around to 10 then south on 301. We then cut over to I75 just north of Ocala then on down to Seffner. 301 south of Ocala is a decent road but many stop & go's. Just my nickel though. Only been there once.:)

hillsonwheels

The Hills are on site #201 and the WV flags can be seen (and should be saluted properly :cool:) when you park to check in at Lazy Days. Come on down and name that tune there might be a party going on!!!!!! :eek: Safe travels to all who have yet to arrive.

Dick

brauch

Camping Wife
The Rauch's are all settled in.....site #230. No more tire problems after having the metal valve stems replaced this morning on the 4 new tires on the Sundance......another chapter in a continuing saga. Looking forward to a week of Florida sunshine and our first Florida chapter rally.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
I am sorry that we have cancelled attending the FL rally. I have been suffering since January with bronchial spasms that have over the weeks presented me with one medical complication after another. Finally this last week I felt sufficiently recovered to dust off the BC and head to Elko for the GA rally. The rally that Santha and Randy put on was superb, but unfortunately I have relapsed and added another troubling complication. We decided that it was best to head back home to Virginia and get this situation under control. Dorothy and I feel really bad missing what I know will be a rally that will top all. Bonnie and Mickey have organized an amazing event schedule and on top of the star studded venue, LazyDays will put the icing on the cake. We will miss all of you, and I thank you for your wishes and concern for my recovery. So Jim B., I saw your facebook posting of the strawberry shortcake you had a Parkesdale Farms, PLEASE go back and have another one for me:).

jbeletti

Eric and Dorothy,

We loved having you at the GA rally :)

So sorry we won't see you in FL but your health is #1. We trust the docs can get it figured out and get you on the mend soon.

Yeah, that shortcake was AWESOME. I will do my best to have another for you. We decided that if we go back there, we'll be splitting one this time. To anyone going there, get it with ice cream. The best!

Get well Mr. President of the Heartland Rally Holics, we need you back out on the rally trail!

Jim

jbeletti

May as well do an update from the Florida rally venue.

We arrived on Monday afternoon.

Today (Tuesday), I took the RV a couple of blocks, over to Camping World for our refer replacement appointment. Well, not only did they not have me in their appointment book, the refer had not come in yet. Ugh!

Not sure what was up with CW on not having my appointment in their book, but it was a late delivery by the freight company as to the reason the refer has not yet arrived. Ugh!

So, we're hoping it arrives on Wednesday so we can get it installed Thursday.

Dick Hill supervised me in a small project (see my Key Largo mod thread).

Doug Sloan invited us over to him and Mary's RV for dinner. Dinner was great and so was our visit. And I got to work on their laptop a bit for them and figure out their email configuration issue.

Nancy and I are going to Busch Gardens tomorrow (Thursday). Barb Rausch will be looking in on Emme and Ruby for us.

It's great having fun with our Heartland friends and being able to count on each other for nearly anything.

Looking forward to the rally beginning this Friday!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.