EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: FL, Seffner - 3/23/2012 to 3/25/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
If you came down HW 78 out of Memphis through north Mississippi, you had to travel right through Tupelo; of course we were manning the Florida outpost while you were out west. Look forward to your Rally. Need me to do anything to help out, holler up. Hogan

moose53

See everyone on the 23rd. Don't put Jan on the list. She doesn't like driving the truck and thats before the Big Country is hooked up!

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Harvey and Jan;
Thanks for coming. I hope the weather will be a repeat of last year and we will see you and Jan basking in the Florida sun like last year. I still have the picture!

MICKEY

Guys and Girls;
We need some help. In our open seminar: Living The Full Time Lifestyle; we need questions that you may have for financial planner. If you have any questions about retirement planning, when to retire, how best to invest, how to stretch your investments, how to hide money from the govt....wait I didn't say that. Anything question you can think of; send them to me by PM so I can get them to consultant, so he can prepare as much in advance. Come on....you have a bunch so don't hesitate.

Handy

A Florida camper
Jack and Judy Handy will be there at the rally on 3/23. They did not give me a site number. HOC # 1117
I replyed some time ago but have not made the list of ATTNEDEES yet

MICKEY

Jack;
So sorry. I had you on a scratch pad but had not transfered to attendees. Thanks for the reminder. Glad to hear from you and Judy. Do you have your dancing shoes ready. I heard you guys were pretty good.

KiwiRVer

Hello, can you please advise if there are still spots available for this rally. We will be picking up our new Big Country a week earlier and would like to join in if possible.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hello, can you please advise if there are still spots available for this rally. We will be picking up our new Big Country a week earlier and would like to join in if possible.
Craig, call the RV Park in the first post of this thread and make your reservations. Let them know you are with the Heartland Rally Group. Glad you are going to make it.

MICKEY

Craig and Suzanne;
After calling Lazy Days, post on the forum that you are registered. That way I can put you on the list of attendees. Glad you could make the show.

MICKEY

Folks;

Just to update you on the 2nd annual Florida Rally at Lazy Days Rally Park. The catered food Friday night is Roast Beef and the catered food for Saturday night is Chicken and Ribs. It was such a hit last year, we thought we would do it again. If your tired of the same menu from last year, let me know. Dominos is just down the street:) The entertainment Friday night is "Rob the Entertainer" ; the same guy that had us on the dance floor and having so much fun last year. Saturday night is Leanne; the Patsy Cline Impersonator. She comes so highly recommended. We will be having a best dressed contest for our furry friends, Saturday 1 hour before dinner; hopefully western attaire. We will have a theme of Country\Western for our Saturday night entertainment. Please bring your best ......or not so best attire, for the Saturday night show. Rest of the time is clothing optional......Just kidding Mr. Hill.
Also Saurday morning 10 am. till 11:30 "Living the Fulltime Lifestyle, Hints, Tips, Ideas, Planning". Saturday 1 pm till 2:30 "Boondocking In Your Heartland, the Easy Way".

KiwiRVer

Thank you Ray, I have made the reservation with the campground so please add us to the list of attendees. We have also joined HOC so our HOC number is 2098.

cableman

Well we got down to florida last thursday. I drove the truck pulling the North Trail and the wife followed in her car. We are now officially Floridians. I would also like to make this the first rally of the year as Floridians. I do have to work but will get there late fri. evening. Tomorrow the wife will call and make reservations if there is a little spot for the north trail. I will then post a site number, We are so glad this is working out so we can meet new heartlanders.

cableman

I'm sorry could you please sign my wife Lexie up for the driver course. She has driven our rig and I was a nervous wreck of a man.

MICKEY

Craig and Susanne;
Congrats on joining in our fun. Looking forward to meeting you guys. Does Susanne want to attend the driving class? Let me know.

MICKEY

Dan and Lexie;
Did you get in touch with the CG? Let me know as soon as you get signed up, so I can add your names. Speaking of names; what is your last name?

MICKEY

Girls;
I had another meeting with the great folks at Lazy Days. The ground school portion of the class is Friday morning 9:00 am. to about 10:30. Great news for all the ladies! If possible the driving instructor will start that portion soon after in groups of 5 ladies. He was originally only scheduled for Saturday, but with the great response we have had, I talked them into starting on Friday to allow more time for each driver. Now I have to give the bad news....no men allowed!
Saturday 10 am....Living The Fulltime Lifestyle
Saturday 1 pm....Boondocking the easy way

MICKEY

Ken and Tammy;
Welcome to the party. You'll have a great time. Be prepared to smile a lot. Oh and loosen the belt, LD food is great. Did Tammy want to join the driving confidence course? Also all you need to bring is.....yourself. This is a great place to have a rally, since they do so much for us. You really don't have to strike a lick at a snake if you don't want to; there is free food, entertainment, and lots of laughs. Just enjoy!

Last edited:

MICKEY

Mike and Carol;

You still have time to join us. Don't wait too long though, because Rally Park will begin selling out our spots soon. Hope you can make it.

Mickey

hillsonwheels

Since there has been such great response for the course, I've been wondering how the driver/teacher/dude was going to pull it off. Dividing into smaller groups is a great idea. I, for one, am glad that I won't be there to hear about all the things men do wrong when driving! Well...maybe not all men? ;)

Dick

MICKEY

Dick;
I think they are amazed at the response. In our meeting, they had to move the ground school to the larger room to accomidate all. Also we got them to start driving on Friday to make sure everyone got a chance for stick time. I think they have disallowed the men is because we wouldn't want to hear all the stories the girls can tell:)

Status
Not open for further replies.