EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: LA, New Iberia - 10/30/2015 to 11/1/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
It has rained at every one of my rallies so far so why stop now? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

Yea, that's one of my favorite things. Packing up in the rain to come home. Oh well, I've got Thursday and Friday night to enjoy it. Probably pack up everything outside Friday night. The weather could be wrong but they're calling for 100% Heavy rain for Saturday. The thunderstorms they're talking about are probably just some light hail.lol Am I sniveling again? Dang, I didn't want to get my new toy wet.

jassson007

I have lost count how many times I have packed up and hitched up in the rain. In fact I did it this past weekend. Lol

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I rather it be rain than sleet and snow. That is miserable to pack up in. Besides, you can always do like I have seen several people do...put on your bathing suit and use the rain to wash off your rv. :)

'Lil Guy'

What a great idea. I'll bring my Speed-o and wash the rig Saturday. That should draw a crowd. I wonder what would be wrong with that picture.lol Talking about a Kodak moment.
I never thought about it before but do you get a lot of water intrusion in the under belly when towing in the rain? If I just put it in storage and never use it, I won't have to worry about it.

VKTalley

Traveling Talleys are here in Cajan RVera and ready for everyone one else (who aren't already here) to arrive!!! They had poppers on the smoker grill today and they smelled wonderful. I understand they tasted good too.

Hey, Frank, don't worry about a little rain...it won't hurt your new rig. :rolleyes: Besides, you will be having too much fun to worry about the rain...though I don't want to see you or anyone else in a speedo. :eek:

'Lil Guy'

That wouldn't paint a pretty picture. We're packed up or so we think and will be leaving Houston around 8:00 AM. We should be arriving around 3:00 PM. I need to make sure we have everything.
Crown Royal. Check
Crown Royal Apple. Check
Cap'n Morgan Private Reserve Spiced Rum. Check
Grey Goose Vodka. Check
Various bottles of red and white wine along with various beers. Check
Looks like everything.
Oh yea, the bacon. See everyone tomorrow.

alethaj

Thanks to Peg and Mike for the POPPER PARTY last night...(WED.)....it pays to get here early....good food...good friends....I love Heartland Owners members...

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Marti and I will vote with Alethaj on thanking Peg and Mike. Excellent jalapeño poppers with lots of HOC friends. Getting here early has its advantages.

Chippendale

I agree with Alethaj and the Mangums, the poppers were great, caused me to have the best nights sleep in months. Didn't wake up until 7:15 this morning, very unusual for this old geezer. Thanks Mike and Peg.

jassson007

Wow y'all need to reign in some of this fun y'all are having so you won't be worn out by the time we get there this afternoon. I am in process of getting ready and Jo is at work so we should get on the road about 12:30. Gotta stop and pick up a donation from our sponsoring dealer in Lafayette and we should be there close to 3. See y'all then

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Thanks to Peg and Mike for the POPPER PARTY last night...(WED.)....it pays to get here early....good food...good friends....I love Heartland Owners members...

Ditto!! They were great! Thanks Mike & Peg! Dave even ate a couple and he doesn't eat green stuff! 😄😄

pegmikef

Well, whadayaknow? A surprise final perk for the early birds, an awesome Frito soup lunch by Susan and David. Thanks much and Peggy told me that she would sure like to get that recipe!

Attachments

• lunch.JPG
    lunch.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 36
  • lunch2.JPG
    lunch2.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 34

VKTalley

Well, whadayaknow? A surprise final perk for the early birds, an awesome Frito soup lunch by Susan and David. Thanks much and Peggy told me that she would sure like to get that recipe!

Tell her to see Susan as I made several photocopies of her recipe to be shared with anyone who wanted a copy.

TomMar

10-4 on the awesome perks to early arrivals. Fantastic food at David and Susan's

dlw930

Tom, with the flooding today, I've been wondering about your place in Wemberly. I know you're in LA, but any word on things back in TX?

Dave

TomMar

Tom, with the flooding today, I've been wondering about your place in Wemberly. I know you're in LA, but any word on things back in TX?

Dave

Thanks for the concerns. Our place is approx 200 ft above the river so we are high and dry. Reports from a friend say wind and rain but all else g ood

Status
Not open for further replies.