EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MI, Hopkins - 8/23/2012 to 8/26/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnbhobe

I just got a call from Hidden Ridge. We are registered for the rally on site #319 coming in on thursday leaving on monday.

rick_debbie_gallant

Debbie, I and the Tedster have just made reservations for the rally. We will be arriving on the 22nd and leaving on the 27th. Yeeeee Hawwwwww! If there is any help needed for setting up let me know.

Rick, Deb and the Tedster

jbeletti

The Belettis are coming!

Just made our reservations with Joanne. We are arriving on Tuesday and departing on Monday. At least that's the current plan - subject to change.

See everyone there!

Jim

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Stacy and I will be at her parents in Bad Axe from Mid July till the end of August. We are discussing coming to the MI Rally on our way home. She's native Michigan but will have a Okie with her. Hope that's alright with you guys:cool:

Do you have a cut off date at the camp ground?

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Stacy and I will be at her parents in Bad Axe from Mid July till the end of August. We are discussing coming to the MI Rally on our way home. She's native Michigan but will have a Okie with her. Hope that's alright with you guys:cool:

Do you have a cut off date at the camp ground?

You are very welcome to attend. Cutoff is 8/1 at the campground. We have 41 sites reserved and only 21 registered at this time. Are you a Heartland Owners Club member? If so, what is your number?

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
You are very welcome to attend. Cutoff is 8/1 at the campground. We have 41 sites reserved and only 21 registered at this time. Are you a Heartland Owners Club member? If so, what is your number?

Yes we are members, #1920. We will be going to Gillette and then back home for a couple weeks and then to MI. I think we will attend. I have a sister-in-law that is close to there and we will visit her as well. So put us down as a tentative and we will make reservations when we get to Bad Axe and iron out the plans a little better.

See you in Gillette?

cdbMidland

Yes we are members, #1920. We will be going to Gillette and then back home for a couple weeks and then to MI. I think we will attend. I have a sister-in-law that is close to there and we will visit her as well. So put us down as a tentative and we will make reservations when we get to Bad Axe and iron out the plans a little better.

See you in Gillette?

OK - you're on the tentative list. Hopefully, this will change from tentative to firm. Thanks for the response.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
It will, in fact we are talking about leaving there and going to Mackinaw and on across the U.P. into Wisconsin and south to Oklahoma. BTW we are in Michigan every summer for at least a month since I retired.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Debbie and I will be there. we will be arriving on the 18th and leaving on the 26th on site 317 i believe. Any other early birds come see us and let me know if any help is needed

cdbMidland

Thanks, Dave and Mary. Always glad to have Wisconsin folks joining us.

BTW - we have a volunteer for wagonmaster for a UP rally for 2013. Should save you folks a bit of driving.

Chuck, will you do a list of who is attending and their site numbers?
We will be there, then we head to Castle Rock RV park in St. Ignace.
We plan to do the Mackinac Bridge walk again on Labor Day.
For those who have never done this, it is a great event and a lot of fun.
We have taken some great pictures from the bridge.
It starts in Mackinaw City and you are transported across the bridge to St. Ignace, and walk back.
The 2 North bound lanes are closed to traffic and used for the walkers.
Traffic is 2 way on the South bound side of the bridge.
Cost was $2.00 for the bus ride, no charge for the walk.
We usually get there at 0600 and the walk starts at 0700. It takes about 1 1/2 hrs at a normal walking pace.
The later you go, the longer the lines.
We are usually done by 0830 or 0900, and by then the lines are 1/2 mile long to catch the buses.

Hockster

===================================================================================================================================

cdbMidland

Here it is...

Attachments

• heartland rally - Hidden Ridge.xls
    35 KB · Views: 17
  • heartland rally - Hidden Ridge.pdf
    37.9 KB · Views: 52

cdbMidland

I'm a bit concerned about the Saturday night steak fry. No one has offered a grill as yet and as we get closer to the event, I would hate to show up with lots of raw steak and nowhere to cook it on? Should I change the menu to something else like a pig roast? I don't want to offer this if attendees have dietary problems with pork. How about some advice from those of you who are attending...

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Chuck, does the camp ground have fire rings? If so, we can load it with charcoal and have a cook your own steak. We do it around Oklahoma from time to time, it's a rancher thing where you pick your steak out and cook it at the picnics. I just don't have the room to bring a large grill with me.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have a grill with me at all times. Well most times.
But most grills that peeps carry are kinda small and you would have to have 20 of em.
Charcoal in the fire pit is a good idea but with over 50 steaks to grill you would need a few fire pits.
If the budget allows, I vote for the pig roast.

Peace
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.