EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MI, Hopkins - 8/23/2012 to 8/26/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnbhobe

I'm like Dave carry a grill at all times but their small. Pig roast or BBQ is fine with us.

kkamshop

I just realized there is an AQS quilt show being held that weekend in Grand Rapids. Any of the ladies interested in going to the vendor area?

Lou_and_Bette

Chuck, mark Bette and I down for our first MI rally...made reservations for 8/20 - 8/27 site #329. Sorry I don't have a grill with us.

Lou

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Welcome - we're delighted to have you join us.

Regarding the grill, we have run into problems that have caused me to rethink our annual steak fry:(. Although each site has a firering, there is currently a burning ban in place for that county due to the dry spring and summer and no one has a large enough grill.

I am going to contact our sponsor, General RV to see if they might have one to borrow. I've also inquired about a pig roast, but the campground managers think our group might be too small for the outfit that puts on their pig roast this month for 200 people - we have 62 at present count.

Still trying, though.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
I too have a grill (Webber 200) with me at all times. more than welcome to use it. In fact I will do the grilling on it. It's good for about 6-8 steaks at a time.

rick_debbie_gallant

I too have a grill (Webber 200) with me at all times. more than welcome to use it. In fact I will do the grilling on it. It's good for about 6-8 steaks at a time.

We also have the WEBBER Q 220. That would be another 6 to 8 steaks cooked. I will be that a lot of folks have the same grill, and always have it with them. There ya go Problem solved!

I vote for the Pig Roast also.
I do have a grill if needed

Hockster

===================================================================================================================================

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
The Hershberger's are coming! We will arrive on Wednesday, 8/22 and depart on Sunday, 8/26. We will be in site 241.

cdbMidland

I agree - welcome Terry and Carol. We are now at 31 sites.

Received a couple of packages today from Affinity (Good Sam, Trailer Life, Woodalls), so there will be something for everyone. Hooray.

ncc1701e

We registered today with the campground, Site #313. we're arriving on the 23rd and leaving on 27th. We are looking forward to meeting some new Heartland folks. Tom & Millie

Hey Chuck, I just looked at the list of attendees and see that we are on the list, Twice! Site #'s 331 and 231 We would like to stay on site 231. Just thought I would let you know! Should I contact Hidden Ridge?

rick_debbie_gallant

Hey Chuck not sure if youknew but Karen, Lexi, Gracie and Gary Buxton will be coming to the rally. Oh, and we can use my Weber Q200 for steaks. Sounds like you got lots of grills coming.

cdbMidland

Hey Chuck, I just looked at the list of attendees and see that we are on the list, Twice! Site #'s 331 and 231 We would like to stay on site 231. Just thought I would let you know! Should I contact Hidden Ridge?

It was my error. Hidden Ridge has it right - you are on 231.

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
chuck.....i have a grill to use. it looks like a number of people have offered their portable weber grills? i'm good with pig roast, but have the grill if you need it.

We arrived at Hidden Ridge yesterday about 1:30 in the afternoon.
What a beautiful park.
I think this is what Wild Cherry Resort in Suttons Bay hopes to become.
We haven't had time yet to explore the park, but from what I see so far, everything is fantastic.
This is by far the best park I have been in, and I've been in some top dollar parks that are not as nice as this.
This is right up with the park in Disney World in Florida.
I'm on site 239

Hockster

Status
Not open for further replies.