EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MI, Hopkins - 8/23/2012 to 8/26/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Thanks for the note, Gary. Glad to see we hit a home run as far as the park is concerned.

Just a reminder for all who haven't left as yet to bring your Heartland Owners Club name tag. You will need it to obtain discounts at the museums. I will try to get a name badge template for our SOBs.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Debbie and I also arrived on site 317 yesterday. looking forward to seeing everyone else come in. I think I will be visisting the Hot Tub today, ahhhhhh!!!

kkamshop

Is the exit ramp open on 131? I seem to remember construction in the area last month when I was driving thru?

MC9

cdbmidland, do you have room on your roster for Cynthia and Jim McNine? I made reservations with the park for 8-24 and 8-25. HOC #1297.

cdbMidland

cdbmidland, do you have room on your roster for Cynthia and Jim McNine? I made reservations with the park for 8-24 and 8-25. HOC #1297.

My spreadsheet shows two openings and maybe a third as the campground notified me that one of the units from KY seems to have canceled. I did not get an answer to my PM to them. Will be glad to have Cynthia and Jim join us.

The Sun is coming up over the park now and it looks like a beautiful day.
Most everyone left yesterday that were on the sites for our Rally.
We have 5 Rally units in so far, and by the list, we have 1 coming in today.
We have met everyone that's here so far.
Spent some time in the Hot Tub (holds 16 people) and Pool yesterday, very nice.
We were there when Jerry and Debbie Atkinson went in town.
For those who may not know, Exit 59 from US 131 is where you want to get off.
The driveway to Hidden Ridge is like 1/4 mile from the exit ramp.
This is a gated RV park.
They close the gate around 9pm and give you a gate code to open the gate to enter.
We had to use it Sat. night to get back in.
I've never been in a gated RV park before, really fancy.
Drive safe.

Hockster

======================================================================================================================================

kkamshop

Sounds great, we will be arriving sometime Thursday, after overnighting in Elkhart ( may try to squeeze in a Heartland factory visit Thurs morning or a visit to the surplus shops). We will have our friends and new Sundance owners Don & Judy with us, I don't know if Don is a club member yet but I'm sure we will get him signed up at the rally if he is not!

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Sounds great, we will be arriving sometime Thursday, after overnighting in Elkhart ( may try to squeeze in a Heartland factory visit Thurs morning or a visit to the surplus shops). We will have our friends and new Sundance owners Don & Judy with us, I don't know if Don is a club member yet but I'm sure we will get him signed up at the rally if he is not!

You might should check, but it is in the back of my mind that they only do tours on Wednesdays.

kkamshop

yes, I think the tours are only in the afternoon on certain days, but sometimes when you just "drop in" they will show you around a little - we have toured the factory many times, but our friends Don & Judy have not yet had the pleasure :)

MC9

Thanks for the reminder Chuck. Yes we will stay over and leave on Mon. I will contact Hidden Ridge and confirm.

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Chuck and our Michigan Friends,
We have canceled our reservations for this rally.. I got notice Friday that I am scheduled for surgery on Weds. I will be laid up for a few weeks. Have fun and a great Rally.. If anyone comes up to The Upper Peninsula before the last week in October, give us a call and we will meet... Safe Travels
Dan and Karen Halvorsen a/k/a herbiesrig@gmail.com

cdbMidland

Chuck and our Michigan Friends,
We have canceled our reservations for this rally.. I got notice Friday that I am scheduled for surgery on Weds. I will be laid up for a few weeks. Have fun and a great Rally.. If anyone comes up to The Upper Peninsula before the last week in October, give us a call and we will meet... Safe Travels
Dan and Karen Halvorsen a/k/a herbiesrig@gmail.com

Sorry about the surgery, Dan. Please keep us posted as to the outcome which all of us pray goes well.

jbeletti

Great to see people arrive at the MI rally venue already. Seen even more arrivals there on my Facebook wall.

Nancy and I have decided to overnight tomorrow (Tuesday) in St. Ignace. We'll get there early afternoon and take the ferry over to Mackinac Island. It will be Nancy's first visit there. We hope to get breakfast Wednesday morning at Java Joe's in St. Ignace, then head to Hopkins for the rally, arriving late afternoon Wednesday.

rick_debbie_gallant

Great to see people arrive at the MI rally venue already. Seen even more arrivals there on my Facebook wall.

Nancy and I have decided to overnight tomorrow (Tuesday) in St. Ignace. We'll get there early afternoon and take the ferry over to Mackinac Island. It will be Nancy's first visit there. We hope to get breakfast Wednesday morning at Java Joe's in St. Ignace, then head to Hopkins for the rally, arriving late afternoon Wednesday.

For a good bar burger with olives try "the KEYHOLE BAR" in Mackinac city.

Another beautiful day shaping up here at Hidden Ridge.
3 more units arrived here yesterday.
We now have 8 units present.
Plan on doing a little Kayaking today on Gun Lake.
Drove over and checked out the State Park on Gun Lake yesterday, nice park.
Spent some time in the Spa/Hot Tub and pool again.
Visited with some of the Heartland Rally folks also.

Hockster

=======================================================================================================================================

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Stop it, you guys are killin me......Olive Burgers.....Hot tubs.....
Can't get there till Wednesday.

Peace
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.