EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MI, Lake Leelanau - 8/25/2011 to 8/28/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Re: Michigan 2011 rally

We called Wild Cherry this morning to make reservations and they are all completely booked up. Like the ole saying goes, "You Snooze, You Loose" She did put us on a waiting list and said that we were the first on the list. We met a few of the Michigan members and we were looking forward to having a good time with ya.

rick_debbie_gallant

Debbie, Ted E. Bear and I all had a great time. Looking forward to having even a better time (if that is possible) at Wild Cherry or big cherry. See Ya all up there in a few short months.

arekced

We called Wild Cherry this morning to make reservations and they are all completely booked up. Like the ole saying goes, "You Snooze, You Loose" She did put us on a waiting list and said that we were the first on the list. We met a few of the Michigan members and we were looking forward to having a good time with ya.

We are working on getting you a reservation, hang in there. We will know in a few days. A Decker

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired

Thank you, who ever helped. We got a call from Wild Cherry yesterday and we got a site. We will be on site 116.. Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a good time. We have never been to a Heartland Chapter Rally, what do we need to bring besides WINE....(not WHINE) LOL .. Thanks Again

Al, congratulations on reaching your goal and having people on a waiting list.
I read a post by Chuck about our Michigan Chapter meeting at the rally, but have not been able to find it since.
If someone can clue me in as to where to find what Chuck wrote, let me know, because there were a few ideas for future rallies that were discussed.

Hockster

I found Chuck's Club meeting notes, it was an email, not a post.

I have been looking at places for a Fall 2012 Rally.

Looking at dates of 17/20 October 2012.

Have been in contact with Chuck Batcke on what I'm trying to do.

Check out 6lakescampground.com this is in Hillsdale, Michigan, and let me know what any of you think.

Has anyone been there?

Is anyone near there that could check this place out?

I checked out harbortown.com in Monroe, Michigan, but they have Halloween events the whole month of Oct. and are booked.

They have around 800 kids each weekend in Oct every year.

I,m trying to stay South of I-69 and East of I-69.

Thinking of blocking 35 sites if this would work.

Please note, I'm only gathering information on a place to go, no commitments.

Any thoughts?

Hockster

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
6Lakes looks interesting for a mid-October visit. We won't make this year's Michigan rally, but we're discussing doing the Michigan chapters when the National's are on the road (depending on where they go). I know we won't make it to Gillette next year, so we could be very interested in at least the October trip, since we'd already have pulled our rig off the seasonal site.

arekced

I checked out their web site. It shows a relatively nice campground and beach area. I am OK with it. Although the kids will all be is school at that time of year, it certainly looks like it is kid friendly.
Get some info and be able to pass it out at the Leelanau Rally for everyone to see and discuss. It certainly helps.
AL

Theresau

Would probably be good for someone to check it out - I can think of a few that looked great on their website but were horrid when we go there.

6Lakes is a no go.
I was told in an email, they could not handle a large group like ours.
Most of their sites are taken by seasonal people.
They would have a few sites, with 30 Amp service and no sewer.
I'm looking now at an RV park in Decatur, Michigan.
Leisure Valley RV Resort and Campground.
Will keep you posted.

Hockster

Hello Everyone. We have just joined this chapter. Let me introduce our selves. We are Ken and Cory Baker. We live in Fife Lake MI. near Traverse City. We were at the Petoskey KOA last weekend and ran into a couple that have a Heartland Bighorn just like ours, a 3585RL, and he told us about your rally that you have coming up. I have called the Wild Cherry Resort and they had one opening for us. We have been RVing for a few years and have found what we feel to be the perfect 5th wheel for us. We look forward to meeting everyone at the rally.

Last edited:

jimtoo

Hello Everyone. We have just joined this chapter. Let me introduce our selves. We are Ken and Cory Baker. We live in Fife Lake MI. near Traverse City. We were at the Petoskey KOA last weekend and ran into a couple that have a Heartland Bighorn just like ours, a 3585RL, and he told us about your rally that you have coming up. I have called the Wild Cherry Resort and they had one opening for us. We have RVing for a few years and have found what we fell to be the perfect 5th wheel for us. We look forward to meeting everyone at the rally.

Hi Ken and Cory,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you will meet and make a lot of new friends at the rally. Heartland people are the best.

Enjoy the forum and the rally. You might also check out the Heartland Owners Club, It has some good benefits also.

Jim M

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Hello Everyone. We have just joined this chapter. Let me introduce our selves. We are Ken and Cory Baker. We live in Fife Lake MI. near Traverse City. We were at the Petoskey KOA last weekend and ran into a couple that have a Heartland Bighorn just like ours, a 3585RL, and he told us about your rally that you have coming up. I have called the Wild Cherry Resort and they had one opening for us. We have RVing for a few years and have found what we fell to be the perfect 5th wheel for us. We look forward to meeting everyone at the rally.
WE will be looking forward to meeting you,thank youfor comming we are in a Sundance at site 11 I think Rich and Blanca

Thank You Rich and Blanca, we will be there Friday the 26th and will be on lot 104 I just made the reservation on Monday and they are working on that lot right now and putting in new electric. It was 10 amp and now going to be 30 amp we will be in a Bighorn. Are you the Leader of the chapter? Is there some kind of dues we need to pay to join? Or at least a secret handshake? See you then!

MC9

Welcome to the Heartland family. Look forward to meeting you at the rally. Had a cabin with a Fife Lake mailing address for 35 yr. Where are you?

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
No dues, No secret hand shake, Ken and Cory, just a friendship hand shake and mabe a cup of coffee or a beer see you Friday the 26th we are arriving on the 20th Rich and Blanca

Status
Not open for further replies.