Not open for further replies.
Re: Michigan 2011 rally

Gray's just left.

We are the only Rally folks left.

2 Class A,s are leaving now.

Hockster

rick_debbie_gallant

Re: Michigan 2011 rally

Rick and Debbie; Knowing how the both of you gave up your seat at our table so that Jim & Sandy (Owners of Wild Cherry Resort) could join us. I do believe that I can assume the best from the language above. Al & Sandy:D

And here is the rough translation. ""Al and Sandy, great job on the rally. I know I told you in person. However, I also wanted to tell it in a public forum. The park is huge. I dont think I have seen a better view of the milky way.. Pollution in the light was just not there. Clubhouse is great, and the fact that it is open for use is even better. Owner and crew have a great park going. can not wait to come back in the fall for color.
Oh yeah, Al forgot Cove was a great place too.

the Steak you cook was awesome.

Cory and I had a really great time at the rally and look forward to going to more in the future. It was a real pleasure meeting everyone and look for us on our Facebook pages as well! Here are the recipes that everyone asked for Saturday evening at the campfire! Jello Pudding Shots! Enjoy, Ken and Cory

1 Small Pudding
¾ c milk
¾ c liquor (your choice – you can mix them up too…1/4 baileys ¼ kahlua ¼ yaeger – doesn’t have to be all the same liquor)
8 oz cool whip (be creative – use the flavored cool whips too!!)

Mix pudding and milk. Add liquor and then add cool whip. Spoon into individual shot cups. Add lids and FREEZE!!

These are a few that I have tried and some that I haven’t. Just have fun with it and mix your favorite liquor with your favorite pudding. I have tried so many different ones I can’t remember them all….LOL!!

HAVE FUN…ENJOY!!

Chocoholic – Choc pudding with choc vodka
Banana – Banana pudding with 99 bananas (use a little more milk and a little less alcohol on this one – 99 bananas is REALLY strong!) Or you can use chocolate pudding with 99 bananas for a chocolate banana
Raspberry Truffle – Chocolate pudding w/ Raspberry vodka
Thin mint – choc pudding w/ mint liquor
White Russian – vanilla pudding w/ Kahlua
Butterscotch – Butterscotch pudding w/ Butterscotch schnapps
mounds – Choc pudding w/ coconut rum
Raspberry Cheesecake – Cheesecake pudding w/ Raspberry Vodka
Lemon Drop – Lemon pudding w/ lemon Schnapps
Hawaiian delite – Banana pudding w/ coconut rum
Rootbeer Float – Vanilla Pudding w/ Rootbeer Schnapps
Orange Creamsicle – Vanilla pudding w/ orange vodka and triple sec
Slippery Nipple – Butterscotch pudding w/ Baileys and butterscotch schnapps
Blueberry Cheesecake – Cheesecake pudding w/ Blueberry vodka
Strawberry lemonade – Lemon Pudding w/ Strawberry vodka
Black Forest Cake (Cherry Cordial) – Choc pudding w/ Black Cherry Vodka
Mocha Java – Choc pudding w/Double Espresso Vodka
Chocolate Covered Strawberries – Choc pudding w/ Strawberry Vodka
Strawberry Cheesecake – cheesecake pudding w/ strawberry vodka

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Recipe for kraut & kielbasa - thanks to the Deckers.

Here is the recipe for the kraut & Kielbasa (from Br. Larry LaCross)

Ingredients (for 6 qt slow cooker - increase or reduce as needed)
- 3 jars of Vlasic Polish Style sauerkraut with caraway seeds (drain and rinse)
- 3# Ekrich Polska Kielbasa (Polish sausage)
- 3 medium onions
- light brown sugar
- caraway seeds
- qt water

Layer the ingredients as follows:
- kraut
- onion
- caraway seeds (don't overdo it)
- sprinkle a bit of the brown sugar
- polish sausage (cut as think or as fine as you like)
Do this three times. Add water. Cook in slow cooker for 8 hours. Mix and enjoy.

Al and Sandy, you did a fine job.

Last edited:

cdbMidland

In regard to a fall rally there this October - Chuck mentioned this Saturday around the fire - perhaps a mini type of rally. Joe and I are planning to be there the first week of October - colors should be beautiful there.

Regards, Theresa

Theresa, I think what I said was that Wild Cherry could be the site of an October rally next year when the colors are out, but that still would not prevent anyone from saying "let's all get together for an informal rally this year". It would not be an official rally, but could be just a few rigs getting together for a few days.

I sent an e-mail out mentioning some potential dates for 2012 rallies. If you didn't get one, I may not have your current e-mail address. The response has not been overwhelming, so I'm not sure if there is much interest in these three events. The first one in May was going to be a Central Region rally at Elkhart campground; however, Tom Weber, the Wisconsin chapter leader and his wife will be on their way out west seeing the country as they eventually head for the national rally in Gillette WY. So, I'm not sure what we can do about the May plans. Jim Beletti suggests that we pick a different date, but the ones suggested are too close to the August and October dates that we had tentatively mentioned.

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
I think that it would be nice to get together for an informal rally, we would be interested as we could meet and get to know a few of the HOC MEMBERS. We met and visited with many from Wisconsin and Michigan, didn't get the name with the face or the face with the name. Would anyone from MI consider crossing over the Bridge??? Maybe the Curtis area??? Manistique area??? We live 25 miles south of Munising..

rick_debbie_gallant

Re: Recipe for kraut & kielbasa - thanks to the Deckers.

Thanks Chuck and Sandy. That was some pretty good stuff you made. Thanks for the directions.

Theresau

Thanks Chuck for the reply. I just emailed a response to you regarding 2012 - sorry I didn't reply sooner. We're very interested in the August and October rallies but not sure about the May.

Also, the October reservation I mentioned in the earlier post is for this year - we think Wild Cherry and the Leelanau area will be just beautiful for fall colors.

Regards,
Theresa

cdbMidland

Thanks Chuck for the reply. I just emailed a response to you regarding 2012 - sorry I didn't reply sooner. We're very interested in the August and October rallies but not sure about the May.

Also, the October reservation I mentioned in the earlier post is for this year - we think Wild Cherry and the Leelanau area will be just beautiful for fall colors.

Regards,
Theresa

Theresa, there seems to be interest in next fall's event at Wild Cherry. Please let us know how it went for you this year. You will be our test pilots.

cdbMidland

Re: Recipe for kraut & kielbasa - thanks to the Deckers.

Thanks Chuck and Sandy. That was some pretty good stuff you made. Thanks for the directions.

I did have to drain a lot of the fluid before I brought the kraut & kielbasa to the potluck. This was the first time I made it. Don't know what would happen if one were to leave the water out.
Also, I forgot to mention to drain and rinse the kraut before putting it into the slow cooker. I will change it.

cdbMidland

I think that it would be nice to get together for an informal rally, we would be interested as we could meet and get to know a few of the HOC MEMBERS. We met and visited with many from Wisconsin and Michigan, didn't get the name with the face or the face with the name. Would anyone from MI consider crossing over the Bridge??? Maybe the Curtis area??? Manistique area??? We live 25 miles south of Munising..

Name the weekend and the campground. I will send e-mails to those who are on my list in addition to those who will read it here. First weekend in October might be the best for us - we are willing to cross the bridge.

Are you still planning on being at the Wild Cherry Resort this weekend? Do you know of anyone else that will be going? Cory and I were thinking of coming on the weekend of the 7th through the 9th.

cdbMidland

Please let me know how the colors were and the campground at this time of the year. We are still hoping to have our fall 2012 rally there.

Enjoy your time there.

Theresau

We arrived yesterday. Colors are just starting in the park; however, the surrounding areas are in "bloom." On the way in we found that M-72 between Kalkaska and Rapid City to be just gorgeous - definitely will peak this week.

As was the case in August, park is eerily quiet. Mostly seasonals at this time.

Theresau

Pictures from Wild Cherry RV resort

Today trees are gorgeous within the park - those to the south of us still need to turn but have started. Those to the east are beautiful esp. right before sunset. We've been touring the peninsula and even did some wine and hard cider tasting. We've had some fun watching them pick apples in the orchard north east of us. Cider we picked up had just been pressed two days before we purchased it.

See 4 pictures attached. The "green" picture was taken on the day we arrived - the 2nd. The other three were taken today just as the sun was setting. Note the reflection in the pond.

Theresa

Attachments

• 100611.1.jpg
    100611.1.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 14
  • 100211 - First day here.jpg
    100211 - First day here.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 14
  • 100611.2.jpg
    100611.2.jpg
    439.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 100611.3.jpg
    100611.3.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 13

cdbMidland

Getting me more excited for next year's fall trip back to Wild Cherry. Looks like we have an agenda - visit an orchard and watch cider being pressed - among other things we can do. What day(s) does the orchard press cherries?

Status
Not open for further replies.