EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MS, Hattiesburg - 10/18/2012 to 10/21/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Hi Lou and Bette, I got you down for 1 med. and 1 2XL . Won't be long and we can't wait either. See you soon.

Hogan

hogan

Steve, please keep this on the QT but if they enter AlaMissiBamaSippi, they are ours. We can converge on your place and re-enlist them. How many 50 amp plugs you got there?

GETnBYE

I'm sorry to say only one 50 amp plug. I can give him 4 flats if needed.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Well.........seems our plan has worked! *Thanks for the help Michael and Kelly, ah ah ahhhhhhh
Steve & Nonna, You have found out our evil plan for your initiation.
*All Rally Members arrive and stay at your home for approx. 2 weeks prior to the real rally............Get the grill ready......Rally ON!! LOL

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
I know we are 3 weeks away from our first EVER Heartland Rally, but the forecast looks like a "campfire kinda weekend".We are getting really excited about it. Do you usually start a list of who is bringing what for the potluck, or is it just that, POTLUCK?

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hey Michael be sure and bring the oil so we can change it in your truck.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

What are you up to now? gonna let the oil out of my truck and not let me put it back in until just before the rally? Lol. I have to stop and get it. What kind do you think is best? Anything else that we will need?

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well.........seems our plan has worked! *Thanks for the help Michael and Kelly, ah ah ahhhhhhh
Steve & Nonna, You have found out our evil plan for your initiation.
*All Rally Members arrive and stay at your home for approx. 2 weeks prior to the real rally............Get the grill ready......Rally ON!! LOL

Its called the rally before the pre-rally!

GETnBYE

I know we are 3 weeks away from our first EVER Heartland Rally, but the forecast looks like a "campfire kinda weekend".We are getting really excited about it. Do you usually start a list of who is bringing what for the potluck, or is it just that, POTLUCK?

Sometimes we plan and sometimes we don't. I guess with a small group we might need to do a bit more planning so we don't end up with 8 bowls of Mac & cheese and nothing else.
Last year we just started posting what we knew we were doing. Meat & veg, Veg & dessert, salad & Veg...etc.

I will start:

Nita & Wayne---Fried Chicken, Pasta Salad and a dessert.

hogan

Thanks to Cuzzin Nita for taking a lead here. However, my boss, my beloved wife and co-chapter-leader told me that she thought a Soups and such theme would be great for our Fall Rally Potluck. Cool weather always makes soups, chili, etc. very appropiate. She is planning to make her potato/cheese soup. So, Goldenbetty, here is your chance to put a Cajun flair into the mix. What are your thoughts? We can keep it simple. I think desserts are always a good choice too.

jimtoo

Com on Betty,,,, show em how its done....Hummm,,, com..on man ,, a BIG OL BOWL of GUMBO would sound real GOOD!! Man... some seafood Gumbo over a little rice...maybe a nice ol homemade roll..to soak up the juice,,,good ol cold tall brew settin on the side.. Aww,, man ,,, com on...
Just wish I could be there.. :)
Jim M

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Your choice- either CHICKEN CHEESE JAMBAYLAYA or SHRIMP/OKRA GUMBO. Let us know so we can either go shrimping or chicken wrestling!!!!

Gizzy

Just to stay on Hogan's good side, Lily is already working on her usual batch of "lumpia". I'm sure folks from previous rally's will not be unhappy with that (me too).

GETnBYE

Just to stay on Hogan's good side, Lily is already working on her usual batch of "lumpia". I'm sure folks from previous rally's will not be unhappy with that (me too).

We love Lilliy for working so hard on those.............I'm first in line..........move over Hogan!!

hogan

My vote is for the Shrimp/Okra Gumbo. Is it a little spicy? AND I think you should only eat Lumpias if you can pronounce it properly. They are really good. Can't wait.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired

Jerry - You can box ours up and send 'em special delivery to Ft. Sam Houston! Thanks!

hogan

Steve, you won't get enough of these to cause lumpaxx; they go like hotcakes. Lilly made them in Goshen couple of years ago for the potluck. Man-O-Man they are scrumpious. Good luck on seconds.
Special note to Lilly and Jerry; If some miss-placed Texjuns want some lumpias, they better detour by our Rally.

Status
Not open for further replies.