EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: Mt. Airy, NC - 10/1/2010 to 10/3/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NC, Mt. Airy - 10/1/2010 to 10/3/2010

Sorry about the mistake. It was probably more typographical than anything else.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

Pots in October, Cheryl's Pan tomorrow, Coffee Cups, Cook Book, Firewood, 200 Gallons of Diesel Fuel............Oh yeah, FOOD!

Honey let's just get in the truck. I'm getting confused!

timdebs

---Quote (Originally by MrsSouthernNights)---
Hi everyone, Just a note... I'm pretty sure I've rounded up enough big pots for the omelete breakfast, Debbie and John Bylinksi, Terry and Renee Deal, Tim and Deb Fodrie, and mine makes 4 pots! Might even have and extra pot coming! We should be good to go!
Note to Jim & Harriet, sorry about the misprint! And to let you know - your site is plenty big for your Sundance! So all is cool :)
I know some of you are in PA - have a great time, enjoy the fellowship and will see you in October!
Debbie Bylinski has a cook book circulating, so gather your favorite camper recipes and we will put them in Debbie's book!!! Right Deb?? :)
View attachment 8899
---End Quote---

Debbie F wants to know about Debbie B's cookbook. Is this something you are going to get printed up? How do we get you some recipes if that is what is happening? What is going to be the name of the book Debbie Cooks?

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

Tim (for Deb) and Sam I will let you know how the cookbook thing works out after the PA Rally. It actually started at the NJ Rally and Cheryl is continuing the effort in PA. I'll talk with you both soon with details.

MrsSouthernNights

---Quote (Originally by dbylinski)---
Tim (for Deb) and Sam I will let you know how the cookbook thing works out after the PA Rally. It actually started at the NJ Rally and Cheryl is continuing the effort in PA. I'll talk with you both soon with details.
---End Quote---
Debbie, As you enjoy the weekend, think of those of us who for one reason or another could not make the rally:) Snatch that pork chop from John andView attachment 8921LOL - Have a GREAT TIME!

timdebs

Debbie B, just curious are you going to have any southern recipes in your cookbook? We too wish we could be up there. Would like to see how people camp above the mason dixon line. LOL! Never done that before.

davebennington

It appears that I have made a serious error in judgment in my post about t-shirts. When I referred to womens shirts with bumps, it has upset a person and I deeply apologize for that so from now on womens shirts will be referred to just that womens shirts. Please accept my apology as I meant no harm.

Dave

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader

I am really getting jealous that I won't be able to attend. Larry, if something changes with my business trip, I'll come bunk with you and Sam!

SouthernNights

---Quote (Originally by davebennington)---
It appears that I have made a serious error in judgment in my post about t-shirts. When I referred to womens shirts with bumps, it has upset a person and I deeply apologize for that so from now on womens shirts will be referred to just that womens shirts. Please accept my apology as I meant no harm.

Dave
---End Quote---

Dave, I won't argue whether the description was offensive or not...I can't look into other people's thoughts or minds.. but I will say it takes alot of courage and integrity to offer a public apology for something that was never intended to offend anyone.

Phil, good to see you back on, hopefully your trip to ATL will change and you can make it to MT. Airy. or you could call in sick and come anyway...

MrsSouthernNights

---Quote (Originally by Phil Smith)---
I am really getting jealous that I won't be able to attend. Larry, if something changes with my business trip, I'll come bunk with you and Sam!
---End Quote---
Bring the whole family - we'll make room! :)

dick12444

Deb and Dick Hazel will arrive on 9/30 and leave 10/4. We have a Sundance XLT Fifth Wheel - 30'. We're traveling 233 miles from Richmond, VA.

SouthernNights

Hi Dick and Deb,
Great you could join us. Looking forward to meeting both of you.

We will add you guys to the list tomorrow.

BTW, I think you have alot of Heartland neighbors out your way.

davebennington

Hi Deb and Dick,

I think you will enjoy the Mount Airy rally. The people in charge are working very hard to make it a success. Looking forward to meeting both of you.

If you are interested in a rally shirt I will need your shirt sizes as well as $10.00 each.

Dave

davebennington

Chapter Leader Change in North Carolina

I just talked to Tim (NC Chapter Leader) and he is on board with Terry Deal taking his place as NC Chapter Leader effective today.

So lets all say to Tim a job well done and hope your mother-in law gets better, and to Terry Deal congratulations and thank you for stepping up and taking over as Chapter Leader you will do well.

Dave

SouthernNights

Congratulations Terry.

Tim and Deb, thank you for all your time and effort. I pray Deb's mom gets better soon.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

Tim & Deb our prayers are with your family and thanks for everything you have done for the Owners Club.

Terry, Since we're going to Mayberry - Surprise, surprise, surprise! Welcome to the wonderful world of Chapter Leadership my friend!

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired

Thanks Tim and Deb for your work for the Heartland Owners Club. Many have benefited and enjoyed the fruit of your labor. Our prayers are for you and your Mom Deb, for a speedy recovery.
Congratulations and thanks Terry for taking on the leader role. We look forward to Mayberry and the companionship with our fellow Heartlanders. Bring Sammy with you, he will win the hearts of everyone.

wyealbert

We are thinking about attending the rally, but are wondering what takes place during the weekend. Is there some kind of program? We just recently acquired a 2010 Sundance 3200.

Thanks,
Jeff & Anni Albert

SouthernNights

Hi Jeff and Anni,

Congratulations on your Sundance.
This is going to be a combined NC/SC rally but most of the attendees are form other states. LOL You are very welcome to join us and would love to meet you.

There are a few planned activities. They are not mandatory by any means. Some people just come to relax and visit. It is entirely up you. This is going to be a pretty laid back rally with lots of free time if you do decide to come. I think what makes the rallies so good is not the activities but the people you meet. Since we have started going to rallies, Sam and I have developed very strong bonds with with other Heartlanders. That is the true benefit of a rally IMHO.

This is our itinerary right now. We may make a few changes between now and then but for right now-this is it.
Early arrivals
Early arrival dinners at the pavilion.

Friday
Kevin and Nelly will bring you to your site.

Official greeting by Mike and Ann Walker.

Check in and relax.
7PM – gather round the fire.

Saturday

8AM Baggie omelettes at the pavilion.

9AM Short chapter leaders meeting at Dave and Julie’s trailer.

After breakfast, spend some time enjoying the Blue Ridge PKWY, Mt. Airy (Mayberry),
Pilot Mountain or just kick back and have some great fellowship with fellow Heartlanders.

12:pM Lunch on you own.

2PM: Tour the vineyards of Shelton Vineyards- Hallie and Eric Grubaugh
There will be a $5.00/ person charge at Shelton but you can keep the wine glass.

5PM. Catered dinner by Snappy’s diner. They have a world famous pork chop sandwich. Dinner will be at the pavilion.

7PM Deb and Sam’s Secret Surprise.
Door prizes courtesy of Camper Fixers RV Parts and Sales Center

Sunday

8AM donuts and coffee.

Departures throughout the day

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader

Tim and Deb,first of all Renee and I would like to thank you for all you have done to get the Mayberry rally up and running.We know you have put alot of time and effort into it and you have done a great job!Thanks.We also want you to know that Deb your mom is in our thoughts and prayers.I have never been in your situation before, but I know it has to be tough.

Thanks to everyone for all your well wishes.We know we are stepping into big shoes, but we will do our best.Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.