EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NJ, Clermont* - 05/21/2010 to 05/23/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
OK I'm Home - I'm going to ask that you

DO NOT CALL THE BEACHCOMBER RESORT JUST YET!

I have encountered some difficulties and I am waiting to hear from campground manager to resolve these issues. As soon as we are settled I will let you know how to proceed.

Please be patient while we work their problems out!

porthole

Retired
And the fog horn, you will miss the fog horn if you don't use the ferry. That is worth the 70 dollars.

You can just go down to the dock. Every time the boats leave the slip they will be using horns.

One blast to alert the crew, 3 blasts if they are "backing", 5 blasts if some knucklehead pulls in front of them with a 22' skiff :eek:

dieselsweetheart

What is the clearance on the ferry? Are we gonna fit??? We are thinking (there's that word again... I mean "I") am thinking that if we take our trip to Va Beach first..we can come up and take the ferry over... then just head back to Pa after the rally...

Deb I hope you get things worked out. If they don't want our business and are not willing to accomodate us being together..I'm sure there is another CG that will be happy to have us!! It's early yet in the search...

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Thanks Cheryl, we'll work it out!

Ferry Clearance is 13' 6' - and you are electronically measured as you enter the line. We were parked next to a tractor trailer once with a Charter Bus behind us. Did I say 'we"?

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Venue To Be Changed

We have been unable to reach a compromise with the previous facility. We are currently inspecting campgrounds in the Cape May area and fully intend to reach a decision soon. Details of this decision will be posted as soon as plans are finalized. We appreciate all your help and understanding.

Deb & John

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Gus,

As a general rule I have lots of laid back patience. Although my last nerve was tested, I have gone through this with my personal integrity and that of the Heartland Owners Club intact. :D:D:D

I don't think they can say the same. :rolleyes:

Now, Onward & Upward!!! Bigger and Better!!!! Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now!!!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Gus,

As a general rule I have lots of laid back patience. Although my last nerve was tested, I have gone through this with my personal integrity and that of the Heartland Owners Club intact. :D:D:D

I don't think they can say the same. :rolleyes:

Now, Onward & Upward!!! Bigger and Better!!!! Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now!!!

And who said the good guys don't win anymore:confused:? You go girl!:D

bill40

Kim, I used the ferry weekly when I was working. There were usually RV's on the trip. Even though from loading to unloading it's a couple hours it always saved me time and was a nice break. It's suprising how large some of the ferrys are. Guess I was lucky never hit a really rough trip. Try it. Coffee was always good.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Home For NJ Has Been Found!

THE CHANGE OF VENUE IS COMPLETE!
Avalon Campground

WILL BE HOSTING NEW JERSEY IN 2010

WE WILL POST ALL INFORMATION WHEN WE GET HOME ON MONDAY.

I feel GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!:cool:

bill40

They seemed really nice were they put us in P11. Now I can watch all the girls at the pool. We keep you up on the long,long trailer trip.No ferry's going that way.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Last Front Page Change!

Hello everyone,

Post #1 of this thread is now correct and we have a home for our 2010 Rally. We reserved 12 sites for starters which they will hold for us until February 1, 2010. Any sites not booked by Feb. 1st will have to be returned to them for non rally bookings. You can call Avalon Campground directly at (800) 814-CAMP to reserve your rally site. Sites P-4, P-5 and P-6 are 50 amp Service. P-7 thru P-15 are 30 amp service.

The campground is well manicured and facilities clean and plentiful.

Be sure to mention HEARTLAND OWNERS CLUB Rally when you call.

Last edited by a moderator:

dieselsweetheart

ok, so Deb...this is worth repeating....please disregard ALL previous posts that mention anything about Beachcombers.... the new rally site is AVALON! Woohoo! So, onward in the thread!

Took the ferry yesterday into Cape May and there were 2 regular sized tour buses on there...so we should be able to fit! I do think if Jim and I are in Va Beach the week prior we will save the time and take the ferry over... we'll have to see...lots of time to plan that....

Congrats Deb on finding your site! Now just sit back and wait for the Heartlanders to sign on!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Thanks Cheryl and we look foward to making some real progress.

John & I Measured some mileages from Avalon Campground:
Cape May Park & Zoo - 3.5 miles
Grocery Stores - 4.6 miles
Hospital - 4.7 miles
Home Depot - 4.7 miles
Wal*Mart & Lowes - 10.2 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.