EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NM, Albuquerque - 5/3/2018 to 5/6/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveTyler

I am really glad that John D will be there to get Frank straightened out and Gaary to supervise!
Frank, the pictures really look good!

'Lil Guy'

Don't be worrying about the old man here. You'd better be watching out for the notorious Ted Davis. Let him get into the Negro Modello and put on his Flat Hat and he'll give John D in his chaps a run for his money. Looking forward to the rally and seeing everyone again. I don't know if everyone heard, but they moved yesterday. Later and have a great day.

Pokiejoe

Don't be worrying about the old man here. You'd better be watching out for the notorious Ted Davis. Let him get into the Negro Modello and put on his Flat Hat and he'll give John D in his chaps a run for his money. Looking forward to the rally and seeing everyone again. I don't know if everyone heard, but they moved yesterday. Later and have a great day.

We've got Ted figured out, we know where the Krispy Kreme place is in Albuquerque :)

DaveTyler

Garry, I think you are in Luck!! The overtime pay is always furnished by the "Chapter Leaders" therefore
you should be able to buy treats for your dogs. Look forward to seeing you. Hope you and your friend are all healed up?? Dave

Ted does like donuts. He also likes Birthday Cake. No matter who's birthday it is.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Dave & Kathy:
Hey thanks for the heads up! The girls were getting worried as they keep looking out in the pasture at the 4 legged creatures they only know as "Raw Meat" and
wondering it is time yet! They will sleep well this evening, knowing that Uncle Don will provide a little cushion to their monthly allowance!

By the way, are you guys in Texas always this rough on each other or is this just "Texas Love" coming out? Can't wait to see how much weight Ted has gained with
all the talk about Donuts and Birthday Cake!
Safe Travels....

Pokiejoe

Dave & Kathy:
Hey thanks for the heads up! The girls were getting worried as they keep looking out in the pasture at the 4 legged creatures they only know as "Raw Meat" and
wondering it is time yet! They will sleep well this evening, knowing that Uncle Don will provide a little cushion to their monthly allowance!

By the way, are you guys in Texas always this rough on each other or is this just "Texas Love" coming out? Can't wait to see how much weight Ted has gained with
all the talk about Donuts and Birthday Cake!
Safe Travels....
Ok you two if l have this right 0-0=0 so the girls will?Just have to keep looking out the window at the cows for food ! And l think l will help Ted with the Donutsgym

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

What should we be expecting for weather at the rally that time of year? Let's not be talking of snow flurries. Also, any suggestions as of where to go and stay killing time between this rally and Pueblo? If you'd like to PM me that would be fine. What is the driving like heading toward Taos after the rally?

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Frank:
The interstate I-25 is a very nice road all the way to Pueblo. You might consider staying a few days at the NRA RV park just outside Raton...
I have not stayed there but read many posts on how nice it is and very reasonable. You don't have to be a member to stay there!
I stayed in Angel Fire late June and the road to Taos was under construction, one lane narrow and lots of delays. Not sure how it is now.
Also Las Vegas NM has a nice rv park just off the interstate as well.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Frank,

There are quite a few good campgrounds in this area. Mountaindale near Penrose is very nice and we have had 2 rallies there. You would need to get reservations soon as it is very popular. Also in the Canon City area are several allowing you to visit Royal Gorge and the surrounding area.

Others near here are:

Cheyenne Mountain State Park
Fountain KOA south of Colorado Springs
Garden of the Gods Resort @ Manitou Springs
Lathrop State Park @ Walsenburg (about an hour drive from Great Sand Dunes)
I will second the Whittington NRA area near Raton NM. They have a nice museum there also.

Gregg

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
OK . . . youz guyz talked me in to it . . .

PUT ME BACK ON THE LIST! :cool:

Today is the day . . .

Been living in my Prowler (with my four mountain lions) for four days now next to the house, which sold in less than 36 hours after it hit the MLS!

Got a snow storm rollin' in tomorrow, so I'm heading out to an RV park today!

Got a month reserved . . . so I guess that means I'm a full timer now! :)

DaveTyler

Frank, As Gaary mentioned the NRA Whitting Center out of Raton is a nice place, I have stayed and will stay there on the way to Pueblo. I have a grandson going to the
"Adventure Camp" later June and into July for two weeks. Summer Camp. They do not take reservations until February 1st. George and Ed have stayed all in that area.
And Gaary, all "Texas Love"? not sure. Kinda just meanness. See you.

Pokiejoe

Just trying to get our ducks in a row and checking to see how many of you might want to go on the Tram Ride. We've heard from a few but not everyone. Just let us know, I think it will be a great time!

DebiMac

Just trying to get our ducks in a row and checking to see how many of you might want to go on the Tram Ride. We've heard from a few but not everyone. Just let us know, I think it will be a great time!

Yes, John and I would be very interested in the tram ride! Thanks! Debi Mac Vie

- - - Updated - - -

What should we be expecting for weather at the rally that time of year? Let's not be talking of snow flurries. Also, any suggestions as of where to go and stay killing time between this rally and Pueblo? If you'd like to PM me that would be fine. What is the driving like heading toward Taos after the rally?
Debbie & Frank: John (Jmac) and I are planning to do the same thing between this rally and Pueblo. Debi Mac Vie

danemayer

Dan and Ann Mayer are in for the tram.

Az_Ernie

Hey! If JMac and DMac are in, count us in too! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.