17) Elaine & Pat Poole **Confirmed
18) Edward & Susan Potts **Confirmed
19) Dan and Ann Mayer **Confirmed
20) John Alinger **Confirmed
21) Michael & Lehnanne Kidd **Confirmed
22) Debbie & Frank **Confirmed
23) Vicki & Don Smith **Confirmed
24) Terry & Sheila Sprayberry **Confirmed

Sorry the reservation/confirmation process has been difficult, chalk it up to our inexperience and Tony's illness. We are sure to make up for it at the rally NEXT WEEK! See you there!!!!!--Shelley & Howard

Rockin_Dollar_B

New Mexico Chapter Leaders-retired
May I be so bold as to ask what the main dish is so we can adjust our side dish to fit? Otherwise, I'm bringing Rum.

You probably wonder where I got the carved coconuts from. I had a witch doctor in Bora Bora carve them for me. He wanted $2500.00 for them but I talked him down to $12.00 for the pair.

I'm starting to feel this rally.
Lil' Guy, The chapter is providing the Meet and Greet meal and the pot luck on Saturday is a true potluck, we did not plan to provide a main dish. But I think Rum goes with everything! --Shelley

jbeletti

Lil' Guy, The chapter is providing the Meet and Greet meal and the pot luck on Saturday is a true potluck, we did not plan to provide a main dish. But I think Rum goes with everything! --Shelley
If Frank wants to bring rum, I think he should dress up like Captain Morgan :)
Captin-Morgan.jpg
Just a suggestion Lil' Guy! You and your rum are welcome in or out of character :)

'Lil Guy'

I must be ignort or just plain dum. Everything is different in the Mountain Region. Looks like it's for the better. I guess it pays to read the itinerary.
I could use a pirate outfit for setting sail with the Capt.. However, I'll try to bring something for the pot luck to eat, not drink. I have a feeling the Mountain Region know how to have a rally. I like it starting on Thursday but would be better if it started Monday. See everyone there.

Rockin_Dollar_B

I must be ignort or just plain dum. Everything is different in the Mountain Region. Looks like it's for the better. I guess it pays to read the itinerary.
I could use a pirate outfit for setting sail with the Capt.. However, I'll try to bring something for the pot luck to eat, not drink. I have a feeling the Mountain Region know how to have a rally. I like it starting on Thursday but would be better if it started Monday. See everyone there.
Rum is always a good idea and a Captain Morgan outfit would set the mood (better than having someone wear the "assless chaps"!). I personally prefer Sailor Jerry's rum, but his outfit is just not as cool as the Captain's. Carved coconuts eh? I'll have to bring you a grass skirt and a coconut bra so you'll really be set for the occasion. I'll also bring some Sailor Jerry's Rum so you can compare and let us know what you think. Looking forward to it - gonna be a HOOT!

'Lil Guy'

C M Spiced Rum is very drinkable but his Private Stock is the smoothest stuff I've ever tried. I'll make you a believer. At 78 years old and 378 lbs, I don't wear costumes anymore. Normally, I just sit outside our BH in my speedo. That seems to be the most comfortable attire for Rum. I didn't say it was a pretty picture, just comfortable.
Can't wait. Got a lot to do to get ready. Have you ever driven 700 miles hauling a flock of Pink Flamingos? Be nice to get there on the 1st and let them loose so Debbie can begin to clean the trailer. I had little collars made for them to keep them from running off. Wait till you see DW walking them each morning letting them do their business. Our dog helps her herd them.
Well, enough BS for tonight. Raring to go. See everyone soon.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Rum is always a good idea and a Captain Morgan outfit would set the mood (better than having someone wear the "assless chaps"!). I personally prefer Sailor Jerry's rum, but his outfit is just not as cool as the Captain's. Carved coconuts eh? I'll have to bring you a grass skirt and a coconut bra so you'll really be set for the occasion. I'll also bring some Sailor Jerry's Rum so you can compare and let us know what you think. Looking forward to it - gonna be a HOOT!

Hey . . . I was the one in those @$$!e$$ chaps. :angel:

And I happen to know that I was, indeed, wearing my Haine's boxer briefs under the chaps! :p

They were clean, too . . . :cool:

Rockin_Dollar_B

Hey . . . I was the one in those @$$!e$$ chaps. :angel:

And I happen to know that I was, indeed, wearing my Haine's boxer briefs under the chaps!

They were clean, too . . . :cool:
So are you saying you want to wear the carved coconuts and grass skirt next week?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JohnD

OK . . .

For the breakfast extravaganza we will be bringing 'Monkey Bread' . . . :eek:

For the potluck our side dish will be . . . Slow Cooker Cheezy Potatoes! :p

'Lil Guy'

Googled up the weather in Alto. Snow on Saturday? You've got to be shi------me. Is it always windy there. And the temps? Going to have to bring my Artic Parka to cook breakfast Friday morning. Didn't realize the altitude but should be great campfire weather. Is there a fire station close by?lol
For the Saturday pot luck, I'll make Chili, but not enough the masses. Not bragging, but this is good stuff. Wait, that did sound like I was bragging.

Rockin_Dollar_B

Snow?! I hadn't figured on that but I bet by afternoon it will be gone! NM weather changes all day long! I learned to always carry a jacket. Fire pit is ready! Chili is always a pleaser. Sounds like you have it under control! !!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ted_Dee

Googled up the weather in Alto. Snow on Saturday? You've got to be shi------me. Is it always windy there. And the temps? Going to have to bring my Artic Parka to cook breakfast Friday morning. Didn't realize the altitude but should be great campfire weather. Is there a fire station close by?lol
For the Saturday pot luck, I'll make Chili, but not enough the masses. Not bragging, but this is good stuff. Wait, that did sound like I was bragging.

Geez, thanks for bringing that to our attention Frank, 30's and 40's at night! I is going to be 92 here in Stephenville tomorrow. What a difference . Just as well, I look better in sweatpants than I do in Speedo
tongue.png
We are going to make Jell-O shots and Pudding shots. Guess we will need to double the batch. See everyone soon.

'Lil Guy'

You're right about the sweatpants vs the Speedo. At 378 lbs., I stretch my speedo so tight(especially with a pack of cigs on one side and beer on the other) you can see right thru it.lol Again, not a pretty site.
Make sure to bring a jacket. Going to be cool at 3:00AM when we start the bacon.
Might even need a cattle trailer with a cover to haul the Flamingos in. Not worried about them at night. I'll just turn them out and let them wander around.

Rockin_Dollar_B

Your flamingos are liable to turn blue, LilGuy. You might want to get fur coats for 'em and don't forget nice hats to keep their noggins warm. You will definitely need your thermal speedos, folks. Mornings will be chilly, days will be nice and nights will be perfect for a campfire and snuggling at bedtime.

I'm just hoping I'm outta the dog house by rally time. That thing is not heated!!!! All I said when DW told me her mother was coming to visit was that I'd have to empty half of my closet so she would have a place to hang upside down to sleep. Sheesh! Some folks are just too sensitive...

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
For those of you that are not used to the Mt. Region weather, you must be prepared for any weather. We are 70 here in Colorado Springs now and will be down to 30 by Tues. when we head to NM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JohnD

For those of you that are not used to the Mt. Region weather, you must be prepared for any weather. We are 70 here in Colorado Springs now and will be down to 30 by Tues. when we head to NM.

We are leaving Tuesday as well.

Maybe we'll see you on the road!

Status
Not open for further replies.