EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NM, Alto - 5/4/2017 to 5/7/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

'Lil Guy'

If you're looking for a campfire, you won't have to look far. Just look for Ted's Margaritaville set up. Just look for the brightest campsite there.

Really would like to have heard a little more about the Breakfast Extravaganza participation. It's kind of like Stone soup. I'm supplying enough bacon and sausage for the event plus some. It is a pot luck breakfast and everyone we've had since we started were amazing. I'm hoping this one will top them all. I haven't heard but a few that were bringing something to the event. We have gravy coming, tortillas, George is bringing some scrambled eggs but not enough for everyone.
So, how about someone cooking some fried potatoes or hash browns, egg dishes, biscuits to go with the gravy, etc.
Basically what I'm asking is if everyone is interested. It makes a great way to meet everyone and I'm hoping more of you show interest in it. If you have a dish to bring, please post up so can see where we are with this.
Thanks in advance and looking forward to meeting everyone there. Later and have a great day.

jbeletti

I can coop on scrambled eggs with George or so them all. I don't cook fried eggs for the masses though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

Thanks for the replies. I'd like to get people interested in this event. When everyone participates it is a real feast. I'll get Debbie to cook up some biscuits while Ted and I do the meat. I'm sure this is going to turn out great. I've yet to go to a HL rally where people don't like to eat.lol No better way to start your Friday than with a huge breakfast spread. I'm starting to get hungry again.
Again, looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Rockin_Dollar_B

New Mexico Chapter Leaders-retired
Hi Shelley,
Toni just called and we have a spot! Woohoo! Looking forward to it!!
I was so excited when I heard the news!! We are really looking forward to meeting you! She said she got all confirmed that expressed firm committments! See you in Alto! --Shelley

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the replies. I'd like to get people interested in this event. When everyone participates it is a real feast. I'll get Debbie to cook up some biscuits while Ted and I do the meat. I'm sure this is going to turn out great. I've yet to go to a HL rally where people don't like to eat.lol No better way to start your Friday than with a huge breakfast spread. I'm starting to get hungry again.
Again, looking forward to seeing everyone there.
It will be great!

- - - Updated - - -

I can coop on scrambled eggs with George or so them all. I don't cook fried eggs for the masses though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fried eggs for more than 4 requires a chef certificate!

Rockin_Dollar_B

If you're looking for a campfire, you won't have to look far. Just look for Ted's Margaritaville set up. Just look for the brightest campsite there.

Really would like to have heard a little more about the Breakfast Extravaganza participation. It's kind of like Stone soup. I'm supplying enough bacon and sausage for the event plus some. It is a pot luck breakfast and everyone we've had since we started were amazing. I'm hoping this one will top them all. I haven't heard but a few that were bringing something to the event. We have gravy coming, tortillas, George is bringing some scrambled eggs but not enough for everyone.
So, how about someone cooking some fried potatoes or hash browns, egg dishes, biscuits to go with the gravy, etc.
Basically what I'm asking is if everyone is interested. It makes a great way to meet everyone and I'm hoping more of you show interest in it. If you have a dish to bring, please post up so can see where we are with this.
Thanks in advance and looking forward to meeting everyone there. Later and have a great day.
Put me down for an egg & potato casserole! --Shelley

Rockin_Dollar_B

Put me down for an egg & potato casserole! --Shelley

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

Okay Folks we are really getting so stoked for this rally!!! So tired of work can't wait to get away and socialize with like minded, RV people! Toni called and she has really gone the extra mile to make room for everyone that wants to come. She is starting to feel better too! She told Howard she has confirmed all spots except for one that wasn't sure if they would be able to make it (the name slipped her mind as she was away from the park and didn't have her reservation book with her). As you may have seen the Paden's (2ToGo) had to drop out. We will miss them and the Craker's (DavidCraker) but know we will cross paths somewhere down the road. Lil' Guy is organizing BREAKFAST EXTRAVAGANZA on Friday morning at 0830. Here is what we have so far for that event:

Frank & Ted: Bacon & Sausage;
Debbie: Biscuits;
Dee: Homemade tortillas;
Ann Haddock: Sausage gravy;
George: Scrambled Eggs;
Gregg & Linda: Hashbrowns;
Jim B: Scrambled Eggs;
Shelley & Howard: Egg and Potato Casserole;
NM Chapter: Donuts & Coffee

Looks like the spread is spreading out! We will also put the word out at the Meet and Greet and give folks a chance to add to this potluck breakfast but I think we are off to a great start. We are just 15 days away!

'Lil Guy'

This is what I'm talking about. Can't wait for it all to begin. I doubt there will be any shortage of good food at the breakfast. We're coming in Monday afternoon so there will be plenty of time for planning this out. Hope to meet everyone at the Tiki Bar.

Rockin_Dollar_B

I saw that picture of Margaritaville and was pretty impressed. The margarita fountain may need to flow there before the meet and greet!

Pokiejoe

I will bring some milk, orange and apple juice..Looking forward to it...I will also make a chili relleno breakfast casserole.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Directions To - EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NM, Alto - 5/4/2017 to 5/7/2017

Question to those who have been to Alto . . .

Coming from Denver I'm looking at heading south on I-25, stopping in Las Vegas, NM at the KOA, then south again on I-25 to San Antonio, NM, then east on 380 to the Rally.

Is that the best route? :confused:

Or is there a better way to get to that pot of gold (the HOC Rally, of course) at the end of the rainbow? :cool:

Rockin_Dollar_B

JohnD, you may want to look at the Hwy 84 just south of Las Vegas NM to Vaughn, then 54 to Carrizozo then 380 to 37 to Alto. The only thing on those hwys would be gas stops. I am on my phone and it is hard to manipulate the Google map to see those. And we have never been that route from the north. The route you mentioned looks longer but it is mainly interstate at least until San Antonio. San Antonio to Carrizozo is pretty stark country. Check with Dkeetch and see what he says. They live southwest of San Antonio and may have traveled some of those roads.

Ted_Dee

I'm pretty sure that is going to happen. If Ted doesn't make it happen, I will.

I didn't cash-in 2 IRA's and 3 savings bonds to leave this stuff packed in the trailer. Of course it will all be out. I don't want to embarrass Frank, but my tree is bigger than his. Pokiejoe, you just won over Dee's heart, she loves Chili Relleno. We can't wait to see everyone, this is getting exciting. Travel safe.
Ted ad Dee

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Two weeks . . . from today! :cool:

Can't wait!

Our campin' kitty Rusty already has his backpack loaded . . .

ProwlerRustyInWindow-P1020240.jpg

'Lil Guy'

I hope you're referring to the 7' palms. I'm getting a feeling about this rally. This could be a great one. See everyone there.

Status
Not open for further replies.