EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NM, Alto - 5/4/2017 to 5/7/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokiejoe

Hi Shelly, I noticed we were put on the waiting list. Toni said she would call me today but never heard from her. Do I need to call her tomorrow to check on availability?

Thanks,
Vicky

- - - Updated - - -

Rockin_Dollar_B

New Mexico Chapter Leaders-retired
Yes 'Lil Guy give Toni a call. I will try to get a hold of her also. Sorry to hear David & Day won't be able to join us and pray all goes well.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Rockin_Dollar_B

Hi Shelly, I noticed we were put on the waiting list. Toni said she would call me today but never heard from her. Do I need to call her tomorrow to check on availability?

Thanks,
Vicky

- - - Updated - - -
Hey Vicky, we've had one drop off but I had one person ahead of you on the waiting list. You're certainly welcome to call her and check availability. But you might want to mention that Debbie and Frank of 'lil Guy' will be taking David Craker's place. We still have a couple of weeks anything can happen.

Rockin_Dollar_B

DavidCraker, So sorry to hear you and Dee can't make it to Alto. We pray all turns out well on the family front. Until next time.....

Last edited:

'Lil Guy'

Talked to Toni and it looks like we're in. She's to call back later today. Sooo, put up the women and kids, the 'Lil Guy's headed to New Mexico. This will be our 1st NM rally and I'm finally going to meet this John D.
Looking forward to meeting everyone. Later and have a great day.

Rockin_Dollar_B

Talked to Toni and it looks like we're in. She's to call back later today. Sooo, put up the women and kids, the 'Lil Guy's headed to New Mexico. This will be our 1st NM rally and I'm finally going to meet this John D.
Looking forward to meeting everyone. Later and have a great day.
that is great! We will see you in 20 days! OM so much to do so lil' time! -Shelley

Pokiejoe

Hi Shelly,
I talked to Toni today and she said she was sorry but probably wouldn't have room for us. Said it might be tough finding spots all the way around. Lots of her regulars are starting to come in. Anyway, do you have an alternate place, if not we might can find one close by. If we do that can we still be part of the group? We would really like to be there.

Thanks,
Vicky

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hi Shelly,
I talked to Toni today and she said she was sorry but probably wouldn't have room for us. Said it might be tough finding spots all the way around. Lots of her regulars are starting to come in. Anyway, do you have an alternate place, if not we might can find one close by. If we do that can we still be part of the group? We would really like to be there.

Thanks,
Vicky

We've not stayed there, but Eagle Creek RV Resort would be pretty close to the rally park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

We've stayed at Circle B RV Park many times. It is really in Ruidoso Downs, so pretty far from the rally, but has good long pullthrough sites.

Rockin_Dollar_B

Hi Shelly,

Thanks,
Vicky

That is a shame that she doesn't think she can get you in but you are more than welcome to come and join the party! I did a quick search online for the other RV parks that are nearby. We visited the Mountain High RV Park on NM Hwy 48 which is the highway we come in on to get to Little Creek, it is woodsy and I suggest you check out their website at mthighrv.tripod.com 575-336-4236, the rate is $35.00 per couple.

There is another park just down the road from Little Creek called Ruidoso Motorcoach Ranch which we did not stop at so all I have to go by is the reviews and they are raving good. Website is ruidosomotorcoachranch.com 575-336-4556. I am not sure if they only allow Class A or not and the rates are $76.00 a night! OUCH!

We stayed at Bonito Hollow RV Park and Campground, bonitohollow.com 575-336-4325 it was crowded, the sites are very close to one another but it was a nice park, $39/night. We drove by the Along the River RV Park, it is next to Bonito Hollow, alongtheriverrv.com 575-336-4444, $35 +3.00/night 50amp. We visited the Eagle Creek RV Resort also. It was nice, eaglecreekrvresort.com 575-336-1131, $35/night.

Those are the closest parks. There are more but I didn't flood you. Let me know what you decide to do. --Shelley

Rockin_Dollar_B

We've stayed at Circle B RV Park many times. It is really in Ruidoso Downs, so pretty far from the rally, but has good long pullthrough sites.

We looked at the Circle B also when we were checking out parks for the rally. It was a close contender but we liked the peacefulness and country feeling of the Little Creek RV Park. I would have recommended it also but was just looking at the parks near to the rally site for pokiejoe. Shelley

'Lil Guy'

Nobody is going to get any sleep!

The party is on! :cool:

John, at 78 years old, I'm not the party animal I used to be. The 'Lil Guy's reputation precedes him. Though I did start a wild fire at the W Texas rally while attempting to cook steaks (Rum) and almost fell in the fire ring at the Regional rally in Branson (Fireball), I'm pretty laid back. The party animal from Texas is Ted. He's easy to find after dark. Just look for the circus tent with the pink flamingos. He'll be the one in the flat hat. Then there is Tiger Lily, Ed's wife. She sometimes gets out of control. Jimtoo described your rally attire. The hardhat is OK but if the chaps are as-less, that could be another thing.
Debbie and I are looking forward to meeting everyone at the rally. Later and have a great day.

Ted_Dee

Frank if they aren't assess they would just be leather pants. I think they would go great with my flat Hat. Can't wait to see everyone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
You guys need to be careful taking about those "CHAPS"...as they belong to me!!! Yes they are open in the back and I made JohnD wear CLEAN, NEW underwear before he wore them at the Tucson Rodeo Rally....To the best of my knowledge, JohnD did not wet himself during all the excitement and riding side saddle, so all is still good!!!!!!

Rockin_Dollar_B

Howard talked to Toni this morning and she is looking forward to our rally. She said she has another rally that leaves on 1 May, so those of you arriving on Monday be aware that there will be plenty of departures. Her check out time is noon. Lil' Guy is confirmed. I had one that was interested but I never could get a confirmation and she didn't have his reservation. So our total rigs are 25 and participants are 47. We are so excited to host this for you all. Thank you for showing so much interest and for coming out to make our first rally as chapter leaders success. Safe travels everyone!

dykesj11

We're excited as this will be our first Heartland rally. Meeting up with long time friends and looking forward to meeting the famous (or infamous) members of the group - JohnD and Lil Guy as well as you, Garry and the others that make this stuff happen. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU! It'll be good training for Goshen.

'Lil Guy'

Ted, I hope we get set up next to each other. With your set up and the new add on along with my new matching gear, we might need 100amps to light it all up.lol I didn't get the neon sign but did get an LED sign with a little motion to it and 2 LED pink flamingos for an added touch. By the time we get the sacrificial fires going, might be visible from outer space. I also got a 'LG' flat hat. Looking forward to seeing you and Dee and all the rest. Debbie and I owe you guys a dinner.
BTW, I forgot about the 4' X 8' 'Lil Guy' cedar sign. It's worth the trip to see.
Getting anxious.

Ted, you know I kid a lot on the forum. You don't think people really believes any of this stuff, do you? People will be in for a surprise when the meet the real Frank and Debbie.

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Ted, I hope we get set up next to each other. With your set up and the new add on along with my new matching gear, we might need 100amps to light it all up.lol I didn't get the neon sign but did get an LED sign with a little motion to it and 2 LED pink flamingos for an added touch. By the time we get the sacrificial fires going, might be visible from outer space. I also got a 'LG' flat hat. Looking forward to seeing you and Dee and all the rest. Debbie and I owe you guys a dinner.
BTW, I forgot about the 4' X 8' 'Lil Guy' cedar sign. It's worth the trip to see.
Getting anxious.

Ted, you know I kid a lot on the forum. You don't believe anyone really believes any of this stuff, do you? People will be in for a surprise when the meet the real Frank and Debbie.

Yeah, just in case, get your fire extinguishers ready.

Ruidoso has had their share of wildfires in recent years, so Frank, you better be careful!

Status
Not open for further replies.