EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NM, Alto - 5/4/2017 to 5/7/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwolbeck

Past Heartland Ambassador
Looks like some "healthy" food is required just to keep any medical professionals that may be monitoring this happy.

We will bring a mix of fresh fruit for those that might not be completely satisfied with the meats, potatoes and egg stuff.

'Lil Guy'

Looks like some "healthy" food is required just to keep any medical professionals that may be monitoring this happy.

We will bring a mix of fresh fruit for those that might not be completely satisfied with the meats, potatoes and egg stuff.

You just made my wife's Friday. Good addition

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Just got off the phone with Toni and we have changed our arrival date to Wednesday, May 3rd. instead of Thursday, May 4th.

So you kids get to put up with me one extra day . . . :p

DOH! :angel:

Ted_Dee

See what happens when you start talking about food, campfires and fun. People start changing their plans and start arriving earlier. By the end of next week JohnD will probably be there on Monday. We are really looking forward to meeting all of the Mountain Region HOC people.
cool.png

'Lil Guy'

With the Texas group coming in on Monday just to get a head start and practice so we can keep up with the mountaineers, this rally could be over by Wednesday. Anything after that will be just a rest so we can make the trip home. If I were JohnD, I would try to get there by Tuesday at the latest to enable us to use him for a sacrifice to the Tiki gods. We could use the giant tie wraps to tie him to either the fire pole or the farting post. Wait, I remember something about the assless chaps. Let's just tie him to the fire pole.
On a serious note, I've followed this JohnD on the forum for some time. I'm ready to meet this guy up front and in person. I really believe this is going to be the Big Motha of rallies to date for me.
Thursday night has to be an easy evening. Lots to do early Friday morning.

Can't wait for the show. Later and have a great day.

JohnD

I'd love to get there sooner, but we are leaving Denver on Tuesday and stopping for the night in Las Vegas (NM), then the rest of the trip on Wednesday.

That is the perfect one day drive from here without pushing the limit.

Been out working on the Prowler . . . getting ready for the trip!

Dewinterized the plumbing and have the fresh water tank, pump and plumbing sitting with water and bleach right now.

Going to run over to Lowe's in a few minutes to see about an anode rod for the hot water heater.

Can't wait to meet you guys in a couple of weeks!

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
JohnD, you may want to look at the Hwy 84 just south of Las Vegas NM to Vaughn, then 54 to Carrizozo then 380 to 37 to Alto. The only thing on those hwys would be gas stops. I am on my phone and it is hard to manipulate the Google map to see those. And we have never been that route from the north. The route you mentioned looks longer but it is mainly interstate at least until San Antonio. San Antonio to Carrizozo is pretty stark country. Check with Dkeetch and see what he says. They live southwest of San Antonio and may have traveled some of those roads.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

John, we have driven from the Springs to Vaughn 4 times in the last 3 years. It is a good road from LV to Vaughn. You definitely want to fill at the truck stop in Vaughn. We have not driven 54 from there to Alto but it appears to be a good road. We are driving from Raton to Vaughn on 5/3. See you there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rockin_Dollar_B

New Mexico Chapter Leaders-retired
Bada-boom, bada-bing! Folks, this is gonna be one monster of a rally for the high-country! We are excited and looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

We will have a fun packed time that, from the sound of things here, will get kickin' way before the rally even starts! A BREAKFAST EXTRAVAGANZA is in the works, lubrication in various forms will be poured (headache medication/hair of the dog will be available), palm trees swayin', people singin', and I'm sure a few lies and good stories will be told! Looking forward to it!

'Lil Guy'

This rally is definitely starting to sound like a hoot. Can't wait to sip rum under the palm trees with the sacrificial fire burning. Setting sail with the Captain along with good friends, aaaarrrrrrr, brings out the pirate in me. But at 78, I'm starting to get a little old for all of this. The evenings will be great along with the Friday breakfast. Again, can't wait.

JohnD

Well, Lowe's, Home Depot and Ace Hardware no longer carry them (anode rods) . . .

Then I remembered that when I checked out the new Big R store that opened by our house a few months back had an RV section, so I stopped in there and they had the Camco anode rod for $10.99 . . . so I picked one up!

Thanks for the offer, though! :cool:

This rally is definitely starting to sound like a hoot. Can't wait to sip rum under the palm trees with the sacrificial fire burning. Setting sail with the Captain along with good friends, aaaarrrrrrr, brings out the pirate in me. But at 78, I'm starting to get a little old for all of this. The evenings will be great along with the Friday breakfast. Again, can't wait.

I've been on the wagon for a few months, but I will probably embibe a little bit while at the Rally.

Mrsfish

As I drive through southern New Mexico on my way home from Easter with the grandkids, I am inspired to start the potluck list. I would like to bring chile verde as my dish.

Rockin_Dollar_B

As I drive through southern New Mexico on my way home from Easter with the grandkids, I am inspired to start the potluck list. I would like to bring chile verde as my dish.
Yummmmm, Howard's favorite Mexican dish. Okay folks what are you planning for Saturday night's potluck?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ann&Ted

Howdy Howard and Shelley, we are currently in Benson AZ with the Heartland group. I just happened to look over my living room slide and noticed that all the rubber insulation / weather gasket across the top of the living room slide is pulled out and messed up on top of the sllide. Due to the need to get this repaired ASAP, we need to cancel our trip to Alto. Both Ann and I are truly sorry about this. I will call the RV Resort as soon as I hit send on this note to cancel our spot.

We look forward to camping with you in the future.

Rockin_Dollar_B

Howdy Howard and Shelley, we are currently in Benson AZ with the Heartland group. I just happened to look over my living room slide and noticed that all the rubber insulation / weather gasket across the top of the living room slide is pulled out and messed up on top of the sllide. Due to the need to get this repaired ASAP, we need to cancel our trip to Alto. Both Ann and I are truly sorry about this. I will call the RV Resort as soon as I hit send on this note to cancel our spot.

We look forward to camping with you in the future.
Ann and Ted, that definitely must be taken care of before any rain happens, YIKES! We are so disappointed you can't make it but totally understand these things. We will see one another at another time on down the road. We hope all goes well with your repair, safe travels.--Shelley

'Lil Guy'

May I be so bold as to ask what the main dish is so we can adjust our side dish to fit? Otherwise, I'm bringing Rum.

You probably wonder where I got the carved coconuts from. I had a witch doctor in Bora Bora carve them for me. He wanted $2500.00 for them but I talked him down to $12.00 for the pair.

I'm starting to feel this rally.

Attachments

• IMG_0673.jpg
    IMG_0673.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.