EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: ON, Niagara Falls - 6/20/2014 to 6/22/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
Wine Tour participants –

We had initially expected that participants would pay for their tour individually at the winery. The booking contract for our “private tour” requests that payment be made in total by one individual, and I will do so. For those attending the tour, we will collect $10/person (which includes $1.17 tax) upon your arrival at Campark RV Resort.

Each guest will receive a $5 voucher, redeemable towards the purchase of icewine following the tour. These vouchers are only valid the date of the tour and are limited to one voucher per transaction.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Regards,

Bob & Christine

Post #1 has been updated.

JIM-GERI

HI Bob, Sorry to report that we will have to cancel our plans to join you guys for your rally. Sorry again an i will call the campground :( Jim & Geri Reyes

rfournelle

Jim & Geri, sorry to hear that.

Hope to meet you at another rally or at next year's Ontario Chapter rally.

rfournelle

I'm pleased to announce that William & Angela Stanley, new Heartland club members from Napanee, ON will be joining us at the Ontario rally in Niagara Falls.

rfournelle

The Schmidts, Yeos and Wilsons have been added to the list of those attending the wine tour. We now have 33 of them.

rfournelle

I love food and there is nothing better than a potluck! For our new members and/or first time rally attendees, get ready to enjoy and savour! To get your appetites in gear and your taste buds watering, we would like to post a tentative menu on the Ontario Chapter rally website. Bring a side, salad, rolls, main course, or dessert.

Please update in the rally thread or send us an email with the dish you intend to bring. Our potluck will be held on Saturday, June 21[SUP]st[/SUP] at 6:00 p.m.

A list of food selections will be maintained in post #1.

Bon appétit

rfournelle

Bob, is there room for 2 more for the dinner show?

Great news Jon & Eileen! This dinner show is, by all accounts "not to be missed". We have added both of you to the list.

The following are the details of this event previously provided, via email, to participants:

Ontario Chapter rally participants ‘attending the early arrival’ dinner:

"As mentioned previously, in order to obtain the great price for these tickets, the payment must come from one source. A deposit of $10/ticket was required at time of reservation with the full balance due by June 4[SUP]th[/SUP]. I have already provided the deposit and will make the full payment of all tickets on June 4[SUP]th[/SUP]. However, since cancellations must be made 30 days prior to the show, I will require that payment from you be received by May 17[SUP]th[/SUP]. The price per ticket is $58.71. I will cancel the tickets for any member whose payment is not received by the May 17[SUP]th[/SUP] deadline.

This dinner show will be tremendous and we are very pleased with the response for this event!

The payment for the tickets should be made as follows:

• Mail a cheque or money order payable to Robert Fournelle.

6823 Farmstead Ridge
North Gower, ON K0A 2T0

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
"

rfournelle

Our plan is to drive directly from Urbanna to Niagara Falls for the Ontario Chapter rally, with an overnight stop in Bellefonte, PA.

Using MapQuest, this is the itinerary suggested (link - http://mapq.st/1iFTRPg). Is anyone aware of any issues/problems with any of those roads?

arisce

Hi Bob,
I don't know if you received my note last week about my contribution to the Potluck supper-a large slow cooker full of chili. I had looked at the list and decided a "Main" dish instead of a dessert was needed. I will also be bringing a goat cheese appetizer to the "Camp-petizer" night, with crackers, of course.
We are loking forward to seeing you both, as well as the Ontario Chapter members. We will be arriving Tuesday, June 17 and so I will call the camp to set up our reservation.
Thanks,
Regards,
Karen

rfournelle

Thank you everyone for submitting your potluck item. Please keep them coming so we can update the list.

rfournelle

Oh Canada Eh Dinner Show

Of the 50 tickets we have reserved, 44 are accounted for, with 42 of them having been paid.

If you plan to attend but have not yet let us know, now is the time to do it. We have to cancel any remaining tickets by May 20th.

rfournelle

The breakfast menu for Sunday has been finalized. It will consist of: 2 eggs (scrambled), 3 pieces of meat (sausage or bacon or combination), 2 toasts, scoop of home fries, 1 juice and unlimited coffee. If any leftovers, seconds are permitted (first come - first serve). Sounds very yummy! Post #1 has been updated (bold letters).

In addition, we have finalized the assignment of sites and have re-assigned some. These have been highlighted in bold letters in post #1.

It's getting close and we're excited.

Tundra2084

Thank you for the updates. This will be our first rally and we are looking forward to it as I am sure others are. We hope that the gentleman from mor-ryde will also be there for the seminar.

Status
Not open for further replies.