EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: OR, Winchester Bay - 06/11/2010 to 06/13/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Richard

Hi Kristy,

We will be there again this year, wanted a ocean view this year so did not make it into the center but just a site or two down in the section you were in last year. On the way out the door now but will send all the details as soon as I can. We are arriving Thursday and leaving Monday.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi Kristy and Mark,
We just called and made reservations for June 10th leaving Tuesday June 15th for 5 days at Winchester Bay, site 71 pull thru. I was going to go for a water front back in but they were all closed, darn it LOL. I love those pull thrus as u know.

We are going to stop in 7 Feathers from June 7th and leaving June 10th for 3 nites. Before that if anyone wants to caravan we will stay in Redding 2 nights just like last year, arriving June 5 and heading for 7 feathers on the 7th. We had dinner for 10 last year in Redding so anyone on our way that wants to join in let us know and we can do it again.

Hope the Dawson's come so I can borrow Lori's scooter if I need it. LOL

My DW Debbi will again get to celebrate her 29th birthday 2 years in a row on June 13 with my good Heartland friends in Oregon. What a blast. Anyone who hasn't come to this Oregon rally is missing a great time.

Last edited:

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Interesting Development

First, thanks for registering and send me your info so promptly. We still have that center section of sites set aside for us until about the 15th, so if you want to be with the rest of the group in that section, you still have a couple of weeks to be sure to get there. After that, you may or may not get in with the rest of us.

Now for the interesting part!

Dotie, from Winchester Bay, called and left a message Friday late afternoon. She said that someone had given her a picture of the caravan into the park from last year and the park owner wants to us it in their newsletter. She also asked if there was anything we wanted to add to the text in the newsletter about what we liked about the park. I thought I might send her a couple of pictures I took of the caravan coming in just in case they are better than the one she has. I know Dave T. took one of you guys in the canyon that is cool, but it doesn't show the park, so I don't know if they would want that one or not.

Anyone have any input before I call her back? I can't call her until Tues afternoon because of my work schedule tomorrow, so post, email or PM me with any comments you have for the park to use in a newsletter by Tues. at around 2 pm.

Thanks,
Kristy

Gaffer

Caravan

We were interested in how many might be staying at Seven Feathers a day or two before the start of the rally. Sounds like fun caravaning over to the coast. The pictures of last years caravan (convoy) were impressive.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi we made reservations at 7 Feathers for 3 nights June 7-9, heading for Winchester Bay on June 10th and leaving June 15 for other parts of Oregon to check that wonderful state out further. Anyone is welcome to join us as we will coming from JGW RV Park in Redding from June 4th or 5th and leaving for 7 Feathers on the 7th.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Just a few more days to guarantee a place in the reserved rally section of the park. Of course, there will probably be sites left even after the 15th, but to make sure you are in with the bunch, Winchester Bay needs to hear from you soon.

There are 11 rigs registered so far, which is good, but I think we can get to 20 or more!:D:D:D:D

BTW, Winchester Bay is doing a piece in their next newsletter about our rally last year. They are supposed to send me a copy when its done, so I'll let you know when I hear something. While I was talking to them, I put another bug in their ear about building a meeting facility to make the park easier for groups to use. Until then, we have the Community Center which isn't any further away from the park than the meeting rooms are from the spaces in some big parks.

Kristy

bigredtruck

Until then, we have the Community Center which isn't any further away from the park than the meeting rooms are from the spaces in some big parks.

Kristy

and the Community Center (or Centre if you're Canadian) is soooo cute!!!!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I think it works pretty well and its inexpensive too. Two big rooms, tables, chairs, full kitchen with supplies, ..... what more could you ask for other than weather that would make it unnecessary to use it? If you don't get your wish for weather, its not a bad option.
Kristy

RVFun4Us

Rally

Hi Kristy,

We just booked site #70 for six nights, 10-15 June and leave on the 16th. We will email you privately with the details you requested. Really looking forward to meet all the fellow Heartland owners this go-around.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hi! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and are getting ready for a nice holiday season.

I updated the format and some content of the first post.
We are using the standard rally announcement format Jim B. and Michael have come up with so all of the chapters do it the same way. There are some other possible changes I'll update later as needed.

What kind of activities are people interested in? Do we have a golf bunch? What about a trip into Coos Bay to go to Sunset Gardens which is a bontanical garden on a cliff above the ocean. Do I need to gather info on a charter fishing/crabbing trip? What sounds good?

I would like to do a potluck dinner and a potluck appetizer night, but I thought it might be fun to do a Sunday morning breakfast for everyone and supply the food. That's just an idea at this point and we have lots of time yet to think about it.

It would be a good idea to do some kind of fund raising to cover rally costs.

• I'm willing to design and sell rally long sleeved t-shirts with the OR rally logo on them like the sweatshirts I did last year. They would sell in the $20 - $25 range depending on how many ordered them. You end up with a keepsake from the rally and the profits go to expenses.
  • We could do a raffle again and probably will anyway just because they are fun. Each rig was responsible for bring a prize worth in the neighborhood of $10. Last year we did both.
  • I could charge a rally fee in the neighborhood of $10 per person and do the raffle as well and not do the t-shirts.
  • We could do any combination of the above.
  • We could do something someone out there suggests I haven't thought of.

What do you guys think? What sounds OK to all of you have signed up and those of you who are thinking about it or waiting until later to sign up?

I need input please......

Thanks,
Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Welcome to Bryan and Tanna! They made their reservations to join us at the rally now that they have their 2011 trailer.

Kristy

Elder1

Hi all
The trip into Coos Bay to go to Sunset Gardens sounds good to us and how about the sea lions cave?
We are not into Tshirts but would be willing to go the $10 per person route and I like the idea of a raffle.

If we come up with something else I'll let you know.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Thanks for being the first to respond. Let's see what others have in mind and decide what to do. We'll be there a couple of days after the actual rally, so there are several possibilities.

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Uh Oh!!! I just realized that Bryan and Tana make it 13 rigs. We can't leave it at 13 rigs, the sky might fall in or the OR will float away with us on it!!:D:D:D

We need some more reservations!

Kristy

yondering

Retired-Full Timer
Kristy, We are going to be there for the fellowship and to make new friends. A per unit fee is fine with us, and the raffle could be fun. Most anything would suit us as far as " things " to do. let's just plan on having a grand time. God Bless ya all, Al & Dee Weaver

2010augusta

Uh Oh!!! I just realized that Bryan and Tana make it 13 rigs. We can't leave it at 13 rigs, the sky might fall in or the OR will float away with us on it!!:D:D:D

We need some more reservations!

Kristy

Sandy, the Corgis and I will make reservations as soon as she can request time off of those days. but that won't be until Feb or March. and the hospital is changing how schedules are made before then so we have no way of knowing if it will be her weekend or not.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Kristy, We are going to be there for the fellowship and to make new friends. A per unit fee is fine with us, and the raffle could be fun. Most anything would suit us as far as " things " to do. let's just plan on having a grand time. God Bless ya all, Al & Dee Weaver

That is the goal! Some people like to do stuff, some like to stay around camp and visit. I just need to know what this group prefers.

The way a raffle would work is that everyone would bring a prize worth in the $10 - $15 range and we would sell tickets. The more prizes we have the more money we make and the more fun we have.

Sweatshirts were popular last year and turned out to be very useful since it was windy and it rained one day. Some people thought long sleeved t-shirts would be better because they don't wear sweatshirts. I used the owners club logo and modified it to be the Oregon logo and had it embroidered on the sweatshirt on the left chest. I know a couple of people are still wearing theirs since I've seen them in photos from other rallies.

I still have the logo master and changing it for this year is an easy thing to do. I can put an order together for those who are interested. If people aren't interested, that's OK too. I just need to know by about Feb., so there is no rush right now.

The per person charge would take the place of the sweatshirt or t-shirt sales so I have enough money to cover expenses.

But, mostly we want to have fun and not stress anyone out with how much it costs or having the time over scheduled. I just want to make sure I offer enough for people who want to stay busy.

Take Care,
Kristy

Status
Not open for further replies.