EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, Rockwood - 9/11/2015 to 9/13/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
we arrived at Hickory Hollow yesterday. This place has a huge fenced in dog area. Our girl loves it! Can't wait to meet other Heartland owners. Just wondering how many Big Country's will be here. Jwalker - any idea?

Wow, glad your there. If you need anything at all, just let me know. I grew up in the area.

I think we have 1 more Big Country at the rally. The Maryland chapter leaders, Mike & Jodi Vanderford. They have a 2015 also.

See you soon.

Vinnie

Also The Flight 93 Memorial is only 20 min away. And the Que Creek mine museum 8 miles. And the Great Allegheny passage bike trail 4 miles. You may want to visit them when in the area. I have a Seasonal site at Hickory Hollow and am looking forward to meeting more Hartland RV owners.

JMVford

retired Maryland Chapter Leaders
we arrived at Hickory Hollow yesterday. This place has a huge fenced in dog area. Our girl loves it! Can't wait to meet other Heartland owners. Just wondering how many Big Country's will be here. Jwalker - any idea?

Wow! You guys are early birds. We will be coming in from MD on Thursday, September 10th with our Big Country 3070RE. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Bones

Wow! You guys are early birds. We will be coming in from MD on Thursday, September 10th with our Big Country 3070RE. Looking forward to seeing you there.

We will arrive Friday sometime. Taking the girls out of school since they only have half a day. I am finding out camping and school schedules is very difficult.

JWalker

Also The Flight 93 Memorial is only 20 min away. And the Que Creek mine museum 8 miles. And the Great Allegheny passage bike trail 4 miles. You may want to visit them when in the area. I have a Seasonal site at Hickory Hollow and am looking forward to meeting more Hartland RV owners.

Vinnie,
Looking forward to meeting you. What site are you on in the seasonal section? We are going to try to arrive there on Labor Day, if our sites available. If not we will be there on Tuesday. Check out the first page of this thread. Look for the agenda for the weekend. It's a great bunch of people. See you soon.

Jamie

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Yeehaw!! We might come in on Wednesday now since some other plans have changed. Update to follow after I check with CG on our site availability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bones

Yeehaw!! We might come in on Wednesday now since some other plans have changed. Update to follow after I check with CG on our site availability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking forward to a camping trip. Woo Hoo.

MrsJWalker

Hi everyone! I just realized that I never updated you guys on what I found out at the Glades Pike Winery. They won't be doing tours on Saturdays in September. That is a big production time for them. They can do tours on Fridays though. The good news is that tasting is available on Saturdays and other days as well. It is about a 20 minute trip from the campground. So, if wine is up your alley, it is worth the trip!

JWalker

You may have noticed a different type of agenda for this rally. With so many activities going on throughout the weekend, we decided to forgo the normal Saturday evening potluck. Instead, we are having a full course breakfast Saturday morning. This will allow anyone who wants to enjoy the evening activities not to have to worry about getting back for a scheduled potluck dinner. Not to say we can't throw together a makeshift potluck for those who are not out and about. We are even thinking of having a potluck for those staying Sunday.

See everyone in 13 days.....If not sooner.

JWalker

Vinnie - so glad you decided to join. Maybe we can get more people on the bike trail!
stephanie

Go down to confluence and hop on the trail there. It is a 10 mile trip down to Ohiopyle on the trail. Ohiopyle has multiple waterfalls accessible by hiking trails. Plus restaurants. All right off the trail.

G-town

I'm not the best biker/cyclist. How bad is the trail?

We are beginning bikers with Cruisers. Our first time on the trail was yesterday and we rode 7 miles. It was so beautiful we just kept riding. It was pretty flat at Mayersville.

JWalker

We are beginning bikers with Cruisers. Our first time on the trail was yesterday and we rode 7 miles. It was so beautiful we just kept riding. It was pretty flat at Mayersville.

You should have stopped. They are having the county fair in Meyersdale all this week. Trust me I know. Madison won 2 Goldfish there on Friday. "They only cost 2 dollars to win them at the game" she said. Now those 2 fish cost me $38 yesterday. That just doesn't seem fair....

Last edited:

JWalker

I think we might be able to squeeze a little more out of the budget and add another breakfast on Sunday. Just some bagels and donuts. I let everyone know a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.