EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, Rockwood - 9/11/2015 to 9/13/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones

I think we might be able to squeeze a little more out of the budget and add another breakfast on Sunday. Just some bagels and donuts. I let everyone know a time.
We can bring something extra if you would like for Sunday.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Are there any good routes to take from eastern MD and routes to stay away from?

We always take interstate 70 over to Hancock Maryland and then up to Breezewood Pennsylvania. Then take the PA Turnpike to exit 110 Somerset. Route 281 S. for about 6 miles to the campground.

There is some construction on the turnpike coming from both ways up to exit 110. Not bad. They are in the process of putting in a third lane on the turnpike.

Bones

We always take interstate 70 over to Hancock Maryland and then up to Breezewood Pennsylvania. Then take the PA Turnpike to exit 110 Somerset. Route 281 S. for about 6 miles to the campground.

There is some construction on the turnpike coming from both ways up to exit 110. Not bad. They are in the process of putting in a third lane on the turnpike.
Thanks I had a couple of route showing up for me 83 to 76 and then 70 but most of that route looked like construction. I can either go up and over or go down up then over. It looked like neither route was any faster than the other and I know towing a trailer always takes a little longer.

Bones

The wife kids and I are planing a trip to Laurel Caverns during our stay here. Would anyone else be interested in going? We have not deiced on a day yet. Either Saturday or Sunday.

JWalker

The wife kids and I are planing a trip to Laurel Caverns during our stay here. Would anyone else be interested in going? We have not deiced on a day yet. Either Saturday or Sunday.

When you're coming back from Laurel Caverns, go through Ohiopyle. You can take the girls out on to the overhang that overlooks the waterfalls. And they have great ice cream there too. (Falls Market)

- - - Updated - - -

Friday golf is good for me...

That works for me.

Bones

When you're coming back from Laurel Caverns, go through Ohiopyle. You can take the girls out on to the overhang that overlooks the waterfalls. And they have great ice cream there too. (Falls Market)

- - - Updated - - -

That works for me.

Thanks for the info

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I wonder if I should get EZpass. When you got your E-Zpass how were you classified with your trailer

It's easy to do online. Fill in the info on your truck and trailer ie make model license plate#,etc. You need to give them a CC for auto reload of your card.
I did get a call from them to verify my info but it was real easy to do.
Applied for mine because we went west again this year and it was handy for the tolls on the turnpike and going around Chi-town.
Plus tolls are less with the pass than paying cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWalker

It's easy to do online. Fill in the info on your truck and trailer ie make model license plate#,etc. You need to give them a CC for auto reload of your card.
I did get a call from them to verify my info but it was real easy to do.
Applied for mine because we went west again this year and it was handy for the tolls on the turnpike and going around Chi-town.
Plus tolls are less with the pass than paying cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lyle is right. Easy to do. The tolls are high enough as is, but even higher if you don't have EZPass. We just upped our reload amount at the beginning of the season. It was easy to burn through $40-$50 on a round trip.

JWalker

Friday Ice Cream Teaser........

MooseTracks
Sweet & Salty Caramel Pretzel
Chocolate Rainforest
Vanilla Bean
Choc/Van/Caramel
Peanut Butter cup
Peanut Butter Revel
Raspberry Choc. Chip
Orange Sherbet
Birthday Cake

Who knows, there might be more....

Bones

yum, Not enough choices. Like beer cream/ wisky cream/ vodka cream/fireball cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.