EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Alpine - 3/17/2017 to 3/19/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are so happy. We've just been notified by the Lost Alaskan Park that we are in for the rally. Unfortunately we are taking the spot vacated by Phil and Mary Ochoa. We will miss them. Look forward to meeting lots of new friends and reuniting with a few old ones.

Welcome Derald and Sue, New Mexico members! We look forward to meeting you!

Please tell us your day of arrival and departure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Derald & Sue we are looking forward to seeing you again, glad you got in. Mary & Phil were at our M & G a couple of weeks ago and they were concerned their work schedule might not allow this rally. See you in a few weeks.

TravelTiger

I was told by Ed Potts that they are in! Must have been a cancellation somewhere else in the park.

8amps

Glad you got in Derald and Sue! Know it will be a great time! We'll miss seeing you all.

TravelTiger

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]We have made reservations for the [/FONT]Star Party[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] at McDonald Observatory for Wednesday. They still have slots available for the Star Party, which is the latest show and features views through the telescopes. They are sold out for some of the other events that day.[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]If you are considering going during your time at the Rally, make your reservations. You can move those reservations if you need to, later.[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]We hope to be posting an agenda and more information, soon![/FONT]

DaveTyler

Dave and Kathy made reservations for Wednesday night also. Thanks for info.
Only $10.00 for you old people! Mike, Ed, etc.

TravelTiger

For those of you interested, it looks like we are getting a group together for the Star Party at the McDonald Observatory on Wednesday, March 15th.

Here are instructions to make your reservation. You will need to make your own reservation, so that in case of bad weather or other issues, if you want, you can get a refund or move your reservation to another time. We want everyone to have that individual choice.

https://mcdonaldobservatory.org/visit/programs/tour_springbreak2017

Scroll down to the bottom where it says

Star Party - Tu, Fr, & Sa (and as scheduled)

Click BOOK NOW.

Then scroll down to the calendar, and click the 15th. Select the time, 8:45PM and select the number of tickets below that. continue to follow directions to pay.

Post here if you are attending!

TravelTiger

Some updates:

Tom and Marti graciously cancelled their reservations to let others attend.... and Ken & Kathleen (on the wait list) ended up with a conflict.... so they are both not attending.

However, Pat and Elaine had a change of plans and are attending the rally, filling Tom & Marti's vacated spot!

TravelTiger

All, please see the Tentative Rally Agenda PDF file, on Post 1 of this thread.

Most of the attendees will be arriving earlier than the official Rally Dates. We strongly encourage folks to see and do things on their own or in small groups, as this area has so many things to offer. We did schedule some two items during the pre-rally, only because it seemed like folks were already choosing to do some things together. No event is mandatory, and most of them can be done at other times when it's convenient to you.

If you have any questions, please post them and I'll try to clarify!

Also, I wanted to share, we have some terrific sponsors that have donated some really great things! We're keeping exactly what was donated under wraps for now. But here are some of our Sponsors:

Torklift International, makers of the Glowstep Revolution RV Steps

RV Lock, LLC, makers of the new keyless slam baggage door lock, and inside remote keypad

Origen, makers of Snap Pads, the recycled rubber pad that stays on your landing gear feet

Pharr RVs, Heartland Dealer/Service Center in Lubbock, TX

Dometic, maker of tank treatments, RV cleaners, and other products

RV Probes, maker of the Horst Miracle Probe, a superior waste tank sensor

Mopeka Products LLC, maker of TankCheck propane monitors

and more!

Last edited:

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Erika, looking at your agenda-the white elephant-just where does one find "brown paper" bags these days??? Ha!!!

'Lil Guy'

Erika, are you telling me it's going to cost $4.00 for Deb and I to eat a complete BBQ dinner? Sounds a little high to me. Honestly, $2 a plate? Is he cooking 'Road Kill'. I don't think the money will cover the sides. Normally I show up at the pot luck dinners and don't bring anything and then pig out for free. I'm going to draw another $4.00 out of my IRA for this trip so we can eat Saturday. I certainly hope it's worth it.
Certainly you know this is in jest.
I'm ready for a rally.

TravelTiger

Erika, are you telling me it's going to cost $4.00 for Deb and I to eat a complete BBQ dinner? Sounds a little high to me. Honestly, $2 a plate? Is he cooking 'Road Kill'. I don't think the money will cover the sides. Normally I show up at the pot luck dinners and don't bring anything and then pig out for free. I'm going to draw another $4.00 out of my IRA for this trip so we can eat Saturday. I certainly hope it's worth it.
Certainly you know this is in jest.
I'm ready for a rally.

Ok Frank, you can pay much more if you like, because it'll be worth it.

rxbristol

We've arrived for the pre-pre rally and having a great time. It's an easy drive to get here and the roads are in good shape. We're in spot A13 right across from the rally recreation room and swimming pool. We may not be in the rally area because we're staying here for a month and have metered electricity. It's nice to hear the breeze though the park's pine trees. Currently, the park is booked solid and I can see why.

TravelTiger

We've arrived for the pre-pre rally and having a great time. It's an easy drive to get here and the roads are in good shape. We're in spot A13 right across from the rally recreation room and swimming pool. We may not be in the rally area because we're staying here for a month and have metered electricity. It's nice to hear the breeze though the park's pine trees. Currently, the park is booked solid and I can see why.

Good to hear, Rex! Be sure to check out some of the eating establishments so you can help folks find good places to go. ;)

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

You in a Landmark?? Bet we passed you westbound this morning!!! We were down at Big Bend for the past week. Making a loop up through New Mexico then back down to alpine for the rally.

rxbristol

You in a Landmark?? Bet we passed you westbound this morning!!! We were down at Big Bend for the past week. Making a loop up through New Mexico then back down to alpine for the rally. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was us that waved! Careful if you're traveling on Hwy 285--it's a rough road. Also, if you stay in Roswell my wife says the aliens have been ground up and are in the water--lime will coat everything. It was after that experience that I purchased a water softener. See you at the rally.

TravelTiger

Just a quick note, the agenda has been updated with a few time and menu changes. Latest file is dated 3-3-17.

Status
Not open for further replies.