EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Boerne - 10/5/2012 to 10/7/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimtoo

Another great Heartland Owners Club Rally, Texas Style... Great Times, Great Food with Great Friends.
IMG_4523.jpgIMG_4529_1.jpg

Jim M

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Tom, congrats on your first rally. It was great with lots of good food and fun for all.

It was good to see Michael and Kelly and their family. Paityn is a real cutie!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Everyone that attended the Boerne Rally, we were very happy to that you allowed us to sneak in and enjoy some of the fun. We all enjoyed the time we spent there. And it is always great to be able to meet new people and also visit with some of the ones we have met already.

I hope everyone has a nice non-eventful trip to your next destination. And hope to see you all again soon.

danemayer

Jimtoo, let's try to get some of those videos from last night uploaded to the forum this afternoon.

ucwinters

That hour pull home wore me out. Charlotte & I enjoyed ourselves and had a good time at our 1st Heartland rally. Hopefully will be able to recall names to go w/ faces at the next event in Conroe. Thanks to my bro-in-law Tom for inviting us and putting on a nice rally.
Charlotte & I would also like to thank Emma & Evan for being such nice campsite partners.

steran

Thank y'all for having us (and the kids) and making us feel so welcome. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed meeting everyone! Looking forward to the next rally! For those that asked, here is Kathy's "Frog Eye Salad" recipe. Looking forward to seeing y'all again!
-Spencer and Kathy Teran

Frog Eye Salad

½ cup sugar
1 tbsp flour
¼ tsp salt
1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple in own juice, undrained
1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks in own juice, undrained
2 (11 oz) cans mandarin orange segments, drained
1 beaten egg
2 tsp lemon juice
1 1/3 cups Acini de Pepe Pasta, uncooked
3 ½ cups (8 ozs) cool whip
2-3 cups miniature marshmallows, optional
½ cup flaked coconut
Maraschino cherries, optional
1 cup raspberries, optional.

1. In medium saucepan, stir together sugar, flour and salt.
2. Drain pineapple, reserving juice to equal 1 cup. With whisk,
gradually stir juice and egg into sugar mixture. Cook over medium
heat, stirring frequently, until mix comes to boil. Stir in lemon
juice and cool to room temp.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain
and RINSE with COLD WATER to cool quickly. Drain well.
4. In large bowl, stir together pineapple juice mix and pasta. Cover
and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
5. Add pineapple chunks and crushed, oranges, 2 cups cool whip,
marshmallows and coconut. Mix gently and thoroughly. If using
cherries or raspberries, add last and be very gentle in mixing in.
Cover and refrigerate until cold.
6. Top with remaining whipped topping if desired and can garnish with cherries.

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Kelly & Michael - We are glad you could make it. also give our thanks to Zack and his family for their service to our country, he on the line and her for her support of him and his job.

Many thanks.

Eagle 009.jpg

GWZ1948

A big "THANKS" for the hospitable welcome you folks offered to Kathy and I.
We just stopped in (from SW Louisiana) to see what the PRO's pulled their rigs with. Got plenty of truck info and much more!
Again, thanks for the welcome and the helpful information for a couple of "soon to be rookies"

danemayer

Tom and Marti, thanks for putting on a fine rally. We had a great time and learned that Heartland Owners really know how to laugh. I think if we'd had milk on Saturday night, Terry H. would have had it coming out his nose.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks Tom, and I will let Zack and Kelsea (ZNK on the forum) know. I agree totally.

Kelly & Michael - We are glad you could make it. also give our thanks to Zack and his family for their service to our country, he on the line and her for her support of him and his job.

Many thanks.

View attachment 21555

Status
Not open for further replies.