EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Bullard - 10/9/2015 to 10/11/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

'Lil Guy'

Nancy, looks like the Bakers are without a rig for the rally. The 'LG' was sold yesterday. I doubt if our new one will be in and ready by that time. My big concern is the breakfast meat I wanted to do for Friday AM. Is there anyone else with the cooker to handle the bacon? If so, I would love to reimburse the person who could step up. I could reimburse you at the La. rally. I'd like to do this for the group while I'm still working. May get a little more frugal after retirement.lol I want to spend sometime at the dealer during make ready to see what gets done. In case it doesn't come in this week, I'll go up to Jacksonville and come over early Friday and do the meat anyway. I'll just park next to the clubhouse and set up my cookers there. I'll keep you posted as to our schedule. Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Nancy, looks like the Bakers are without a rig for the rally. The 'LG' was sold yesterday. I doubt if our new one will be in and ready by that time. My big concern is the breakfast meat I wanted to do for Friday AM. Is there anyone else with the cooker to handle the bacon? If so, I would love to reimburse the person who could step up. I could reimburse you at the La. rally. I'd like to do this for the group while I'm still working. May get a little more frugal after retirement.lol I want to spend sometime at the dealer during make ready to see what gets done. In case it doesn't come in this week, I'll go up to Jacksonville and come over early Friday and do the meat anyway. I'll just park next to the clubhouse and set up my cookers there. I'll keep you posted as to our schedule. Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

Hi Frank...so you really are getting a Bighorn???

What kind of cookers do you use? I'm sure we can find someone to cook! . I hate for you to come all this way to cook, although the meat you get is delicious!

Congratulations on your new rig!!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson
North Texas Chapter Leader

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

David-and-Cheryl

I haven't had much response to the wine tour...we need at least 20 people to get a reduced rate. You are always welcome to go "on your own" to the tour, The tour info is here: http://kiepersol.com/tours
The cost is $10 per person.

Cheryl and I will do the wine tour, whether we get 20 people or not. Do we need advance reservations, or just show up?

BTW we'll be arriving at the park probably early Friday afternoon.

- - - Updated - - -

Any other vegetarians coming to the rally? I do love BBQ--and will probably even sneak a taste (oops, did I say that out loud? ;))--but we both stick to a mainly vegetarian diet. We'll bring a side dish/vegetarian main, but we'll be sure to make extra if we know there are other non-carnivores.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Frank, when I came without a rig last year, I think they charged me just $5 a day for "a parking spot" to give me a code to get in the gate. There was plenty of space to park out of the way.

'Lil Guy'

Nancy, I use the Coleman Road Trip with the full size grill. I also have the 3 burner Coleman with the full size grill. We have property about 20 miles from Bullard on Lake Jacksonville. If the make ready for my new BH is on Thursday and Friday, I want to be there. Try and make other arrangements in case we can't come. I'll try and get some definite times from the dealer early this week. If it doesn't arrive til the weekend, then we'll come up for the breakfast. I'll let you know as soon as I find out.
Yes, we're geting the BH 3270RS with all the bells and whistles. We opted for the small one so we would have room to move up later.lol (Hopefully, this is our last rig)

'Lil Guy'

I remember you coming Erika. Debbie and I will certainly be there for Friday morning if at all possible for the breakfast. We have a place to stay just a short distance away. But it all comes down to when they open up our new BH to tighten and inspect the enclosed electrical and water lines. I'd like to be there for that just to get a working knowledge of the inside components and how to access same. I'll know for sure by tomorrow. Working nights makes it even harder. If we come up for Friday, I'll just take off Friday and leave after I get off of work Early Friday morning and not waste vacation days. Since I pushed for the Friday morning breakfast, I feel obligated to try and be there. Again, I'll post back ASAP when I know for sure.

nander

Walter and I will arrive Thursday evening sometime. Looking forward to it!

Great, Lisa! We look forward to seeing you!

- - - Updated - - -

Cheryl and I will do the wine tour, whether we get 20 people or not. Do we need advance reservations, or just show up?

BTW we'll be arriving at the park probably early Friday afternoon.

- - - Updated - - -

Any other vegetarians coming to the rally? I do love BBQ--and will probably even sneak a taste (oops, did I say that out loud? ;))--but we both stick to a mainly vegetarian diet. We'll bring a side dish/vegetarian main, but we'll be sure to make extra if we know there are other non-carnivores.

David, the website says no advance reservations needed for the tours on Saturday. The Distillery is at 1, 3 & 5 and the Winery is 2 & 4. Each is $10 per person.

I'm not sure about other vegetarians (we're in TX ;)), but I did order some turkey. I know it's still meat. :rolleyes:

We'll see you Friday!

dlw930

We're leaving tomorrow. Back out on the road, Yippee!!

Looking forward to seeing Stella and you, and everyone else, again! June seems a long time ago! All I have to do is get back from Utah Wed. night so we can leave Thurs. morning for Bullard. Nothing like a full schedule!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nander

We're leaving tomorrow. Back out on the road, Yippee!!

Yeah!! It will be good to see you'all!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Fantastic news Jay , on the road again ! ! ! We'll see y'all tomorrow afternoon after we stop at Sam's Restaurant.

'Lil Guy'

Nancy, Debbie and I are going to Jacksonville Thursday evening and will Be there Friday morning to cook the bacon for the breakfast. I'll need an early start and I expect someone to have coffee going at the clubhouse.lol Getting started at 7:00AM. I guess I can just park at the clubhouse and set up a table outside to work from. Make sure we can get in the gate. I would guess they're open at that time. See everyone Friday morning.

nander

Nancy, Debbie and I are going to Jacksonville Thursday evening and will Be there Friday morning to cook the bacon for the breakfast. I'll need an early start and I expect someone to have coffee going at the clubhouse.lol Getting started at 7:00AM. I guess I can just park at the clubhouse and set up a table outside to work from. Make sure we can get in the gate. I would guess they're open at that time. See everyone Friday morning.

Ok, Frank. Thanks!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
10-4 Roger on the coffee Frank. I know Jay has a big coffee pot and I'll bring bring mine as a backup. Coffee will be ready.
P.S. What are you going to name the new unit. You are now in a "big guy" .......:)

'Lil Guy'

I already have the name tag for the back of it. I bet you know what it reads.lol
Nancy, you are very welcome. See you Friday.

Titanguy

I am in space 92 and will have the Master Test Station set up Wednesday - Saturday to test your tire air pressure gauge for accuracy.
Feel free to knock on the door.

Heathcote4

Not sure if josh already posted here but the Heathcotes will be there late Friday afternoon/evening :) I called the park and we were on the list but posting here too just in case...

nander

Not sure if josh already posted here but the Heathcotes will be there late Friday afternoon/evening :) I called the park and we were on the list but posting here too just in case...

Great! You were not on my list, but now you already! . Glad you have a reservation because they told me they are full Sat. See you Friday!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.