EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Canton - 10/7/2011 to 10/9/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayc

Legendary Member
Thanks Pat and Lori, your help will be appreciated. I don't know about the fishing in the area.

jayc

Legendary Member
I just spoke with the park and learned that there is a large group that hasn't called the park to reserve a site.

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU CALL AND MAKE A RESERVATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!

Last edited:

jayc

Legendary Member
No Jim, we won't be getting t shirts this time. We will be having lots of fun though.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Ok just wondering if I needed to bring my "old" rally shirts to represent Heartland.

jmgratz

I thought the holes give it some 'class'. Besides it helps keep me cool in our Texas heat.:)

jayc

Legendary Member
I think I heard something about some warm temperatures in Texas. At least you're not on fire!

It was a nice cool 49 here in Hershey this morning.

jmgratz

I think I heard something about some warm temperatures in Texas. At least you're not on fire!

It was a nice cool 49 here in Hershey this morning.

You are wrong Jay. The Trinity county Forest fire is still ongoing and is just 6 miles down the road from our house. It has burned up 1500 acres so far. The US Forest Service has it 95 percent contained. 2 days ago we could see the large amount of smoke from our back porch. It was bad. Yesterday we watched the helicopters with water buckets come and go over our house. Scary situation. The fire was started when a pickup truck overturned.

fire.JPG

Last edited:

jmgratz

It okay now...we drove over there this morning and the US Forest Service has lots of personnel and equipment working on it. This whole part of the state is a tinderbox that might just self-ingnite. Even if someone throws a cigarette out the window it starts a forest fire. We are all praying for rain to help this out. Bear Creek Park (now call George Bush Park) in Houston has been burning for several days now. Most RV and public parks have bagged their charcoal Bar-B-Ques to help cut down on the fire danger. BTW don't even bother bringing fireplaces or firewood to the Rally as they are just as dry in Canton as well. There are only 2 or 3 counties in the whole state that are not classified as Extreme fire danger. Then when you add the hot temperatures on top of that man...miserable.

jayc

Legendary Member
Thats probably good information about having a fire at the rally Jim. We'll miss it, but still have some fun.

jayc

Legendary Member
Bill and Debbie Bolt had to cancel due to that dang "W" word (work). Sorry Bill, we'll miss you.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
What's everyone bringing to the pot-luck? We are bringing crock-pot lasagna. New recipe that DW found and we took it for a trial run today. I wasn't real sure about it, took me three trips to figure it out. :p

jayc

Legendary Member
Sounds good Rex. I'm sure others will chime in with what they are planning to bring. I know it will be great whatever it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.