EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Canton - 9/9/2016 to 9/11/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

barryh49

We just signed up for the Canton rally. We'll arrive the 9th and leave the 11th. Look forward to seeing yall.

Barry & Jan Hoover

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
ExploreUSA in Canton will host a lunch at their Canton location on Sept 10 (Saturday) beginning at 11:30am. They will grill some goodies for our lunch and have new coaches available for us to browse. Of course, if you are in the market, they will be ready to deal!

Don't forget our White Elephant exchange. Bring a white elephant in a bag - no name. We will exchange on Saturday evening after the potluck.

Info on the License To Carry Class taught by our own Dave Tyler will be on Thursday, Sept 8. More info in post #38.

Chippendale

Nancy, Dolly and I are going to be arriving on the 7th instead of the 6th. I have already notified the park of our change in plans. Look forward to seeing everyone. Thanks, George

teasac69

Nancy,
I know we don't need another "seminar" on the disc brakes and tires but I think Jay Coffman is coming and he and I can share our experiences and even pull a wheel off and let folks get an up close and personal look at the system installed on our coaches and talk about how to get one done on your rig. Once I know my site and Jay's, he and I will put out that info and let you know where they can come to talk and see. I'm also trying to rig up an air gauge test station so let folks bring their air gauges by to see if they are accurate or at least what their actual reading is. I just returned from 3,700 miles of high country travel in Colorado and Arizona and believe me, I was glad I had my disc brakes many times.

See everyone in Canton.

nander

Nancy,
I know we don't need another "seminar" on the disc brakes and tires but I think Jay Coffman is coming and he and I can share our experiences and even pull a wheel off and let folks get an up close and personal look at the system installed on our coaches and talk about how to get one done on your rig. Once I know my site and Jay's, he and I will put out that info and let you know where they can come to talk and see. I'm also trying to rig up an air gauge test station so let folks bring their air gauges by to see if they are accurate or at least what their actual reading is. I just returned from 3,700 miles of high country travel in Colorado and Arizona and believe me, I was glad I had my disc brakes many times.

See everyone in Canton.

Thanks, Tim. We also got the disc brakes and Dave installed them. He loves them.
Sounds like a plan!

U2fletch

Just noticed on the event roster that we are not listed. See post #26. We are Jeff and Lisa Fletcher. HOC members and will be coming up a few days earlier than we originally planned.

2017 Cyclone 3110 HD
2009 Yamaha Stratoliner
2013 Honda CBR600RR (track bike)
2005 F350 DRW

rxbristol

ExploreUSA in Canton will host a lunch at their Canton location on Sept 10 (Saturday) beginning at 11:30am. They will grill some goodies for our lunch and have new coaches available for us to browse. Of course, if you are in the market, they will be ready to deal!

Neat.

- - - Updated - - -

Nancy,

See everyone in Canton.

That's exciting.

nander

Just noticed on the event roster that we are not listed. See post #26. We are Jeff and Lisa Fletcher. HOC members and will be coming up a few days earlier than we originally planned.

2017 Cyclone 3110 HD
2009 Yamaha Stratoliner
2013 Honda CBR600RR (track bike)
2005 F350 DRW

I'm so sorry, Jeff & Lisa! I've got you down now!
Thanks for noticing.

Fulltimers

We are looking forward to seeing everyone next month. We are number 11 and have Site 7 reserved. We may get in early - just waiting on a new schedule where I work, the 9th at the latest as we are coming from Waco. Safe travels for everyone.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well, I convinced Tony to come to the Rally for the day Saturday, no rig though. We'll decide after the festivities whether to drive back, stay with family or in a hotel. Have reservations, just in case. Count us in to meet y'all at ExploreUSA and attend the potluck and white elephant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rxbristol

Well, I convinced Tony to come to the Rally for the day Saturday, no rig though. We'll decide after the festivities whether to drive back, stay with family or in a hotel. Have reservations, just in case. Count us in to meet y'all at ExploreUSA and attend the potluck and white elephant!

Super, glad you could make it.

nander

Awesome, Erika! We look forward to seeing you!

- - - Updated - - -

We are looking forward to seeing everyone next month. We are number 11 and have Site 7 reserved. We may get in early - just waiting on a new schedule where I work, the 9th at the latest as we are coming from Waco. Safe travels for everyone.

We look forward to meeting you, Kerry & Jere!
Safe travels!

nander

Received a message from Aletha that she and John are coming to the rally! It will be great to see them!

Chippendale

Nancy, please put me down to take Dave Tyler's concealed weapons course. Dolly says she doesn't want to take it, doesn't trust him.
Thanks,
George

pegmikef

I thought I had posted it earlier, but don't see it on the list. Arrive Sep 6, depart 13 Sep, Site 15.

dlw930

Will do, George.
Dolly might have a good point! Hahaha!

I'm not getting in the middle of this :) but in my experience dogs are an impeccable judge of character. Knowing Dolly as I do, I'm sure she's no exception!

Status
Not open for further replies.