EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Quanah - 3/11/2016 to 3/13/2016

Are you interested in the 501 Winery Wine Tasting & Snacks Event, Sat. March 12?

• Yes! I understand it will cost $10 per person.

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No, thanks anyway!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have a large number of folks already here, and 5 more coming today! Wednesday afternoon, Mike & Peg hosted a gathering to share some roasted jalapeño poppers. We had a larger than expected turnout, as more folks came a day earlier than expected. They were cleaned out! Thanks Mike & Peg for sharing!

IMG_5229.jpg

I have updated the attendee list and site numbers on post 1, as I understand them to be. This may change since we had a few cancel, the park may move some folks today. Please check in at the office before heading to your site -- or Tony and I can help direct you to your site.

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Well, we have everyone in! HornedToad was last and arrived about 6:30pm, so we are all set for a great rally!

Be sure to head to the Rally Hall, we have donuts being delivered by the Quanah Chamber of Commerce at 8AM! Hot coffee will be on, as well. Bring your jackets as the Rally Hall may be a bit chilly.

Here's some pics from this evening:

IMG_5237.jpg

IMG_5242.jpg

IMG_5247.jpg

IMG_5260.jpg

jbeletti

Nancy and I went into Quanah today. We had lunch and then stopped at that shop that had all the colorful Mexican metal yard art. I took a bunch of pics and posted them on my Facebook page.

Later this afternoon, I visited with a lot of rally attendees at their rigs. Some showed me there mods. I helped David W get his bedroom TV off the wall so we could connect an HDMI cable and get his satellite receiver connected to it. We did good!

David helped me check my coach batteries. Found a loose ground. Hoping that was my issue.

See everyone in the morning!

TravelTiger

The Quanah Chamber brought donuts this morning, and then they brought even more!
853e06a17de98eb1ed848f1a4c5f640f.jpg

We had a good group come and enjoy coffee and donuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
So glad your weather is nice, very nice photos:cool:...watching the news yesterday and saw the storm kinda close to you!!!
Wish we could'a made it :(

Have a FUN rally,
Monica

rxbristol

Well, we have everyone in! HornedToad was last and arrived about 6:30pm, so we are all set for a great rally!

Be sure to head to the Rally Hall, we have donuts being delivered by the Quanah Chamber of Commerce at 8AM! Hot coffee will be on, as well. Bring your jackets as the Rally Hall may be a bit chilly.

Here's some pics from this evening:

View attachment 43444

View attachment 43445

View attachment 43446

View attachment 43447

Nice picture of the Gin and the Texas flag :D.

jbeletti

We had a great rally breakfast today!

Rally attendees brought lots of great goodies for us to eat. I with a few helpers made a HUGE amount of scrambled eggs. Tony D, assisted by Nancy A made the breakfast meats on Mike's (hornedtoad) huge propane griddle.
griddle.jpg

After the meat was done, Tony D, Nancy A and I made pancakes on the griddle. Mike had a fancy pancake batter dispenser he'd just picked up from a restaurant supply store. We used it. It was fun!
pancake batter dispenser.jpg

Later this morning, we had rig tours. A lot of people went on the tours. A lot of fun.

Going Wine Tasting this afternoon!

8amps

Thanks for letting us crash your rally. So nice to put faces to the forum posts ;) Hope all y'all have a great night tonight. We're about 2 hours from Houston.

TravelTiger

Today we had a fantastic potluck breakfast, a wonderful round of rig touring, then a trip into Childress, TX for wine tasting, and finally a wonderful dinner potluck with meat supplied and smoked to perfection from our own HornedToad (Mike Bowden)! It was then followed by a raffle for a variety of door prizes! Thanks to high ticket purchases, it seemed like 3-4 people won many of the prizes, but it was a fun time.

I hope everyone enjoyed the rally, we had a fun time hosting!

"Grab and Go" Breakfast tomorrow, then, sadly, goodbyes.

avvidclif

It's not goodbyes, it's till we meet again....

And yes my ticket purchases paid off like a slot machine. 3 winners. we had a great time, more fun in the morning helping Mike get the smoker loaded.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Thank you to the Dorsey's for a well planned and executed rally! We would also like to thank everyone who let us scope out their rigs. We ended up with a lot of ideas which translated to a huge honey do list. It was a great time and we enjoyed meeting each of you. Safe travels!!

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Great rally! The activities were fun, food was delicious, and fantastic new/old friends. Thank you, Erika, Tony, and Mike Bowden for everything!!

Safe travels to all.

HornedToad

The Toad and Helen had a great time at our first RV Rally... Thanks to the host Tony & Erika and all the HOC family for their hospitality!!!

TravelTiger

The Toad and Helen had a great time at our first RV Rally... Thanks to the host Tony & Erika

HornedToad, Tony & I coined a new nickname for you since there were 3 Mikes at the rally. You were "Meat-man-Mike" and you went above and beyond to contribute to our rally! There was enough sausage, chicken, ribs and brisket to feed twice the folks attending! Thank you so much!!

Btw, we gave some of the meat leftovers to the office manager Kim as a thank you to her and Mario and others at the park, who worked more hours than they were getting paid to help us out prior to and during the rally. Kim was very grateful for the gift.

HornedToad

I've been called a Meat Head, but never a Meat-man. I'm going to take that as a compliment... I think???

When is the next WTX Rally... This Fall???

TravelTiger

I've been called a Meat Head, but never a Meat-man. I'm going to take that as a compliment... I think???

When is the next WTX Rally... This Fall???

Mike, sadly it will be next year, spring break again. We will try to have some Camp-Outs other times, but the planning and time off we need for a rally we can't get in the fall.

There is a North Texas Rally in Weatherford, which is right down I-20, I bet you could make! April 1-3

TravelTiger

Here is the group pic from the Texas – West Chapter Inaugural Rally in Quanah, TX at the Ole Towne Cotton Gin RV Park. The Rally Hall was in the old gin.

WestTexas_Closeup_Quanah2016.jpg WestTexas_Group_Quanah2016.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.