EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Quanah - 3/11/2016 to 3/13/2016

Are you interested in the 501 Winery Wine Tasting & Snacks Event, Sat. March 12?

• Yes! I understand it will cost $10 per person.

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No, thanks anyway!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We may not arrive on Thursday as planned due to the weather. I told the RV park I will pay for my spot, even if not used, and not to give it away because if there is a break in the weather we will make a run for it. Worst case scenario, we arrive on Saturday morning.

Rex, we understand. Hoping later in the week this will all be past you. We left early headed to Quanah from DFW today, rather than fight traffic and rain tomorrow. On the road as I type!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

We are here in Quanah! And so are Dave & Kathy Tyler!

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Hope the weather passes you!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson
North Texas Chapter Leader

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Chippendale

Erika and Tony, I am sorry but I am going to have to cancel on your rally. My sciatica leg pain is starting to be almost unbearable at times. I kept thinking it would get better (have had it for a few weeks), but yesterday it was worse and this morning it is also painful, can hardly walk, don't think I could take the long drive up there. Am trying to get into see the Doctor. Even if he gave me a pain pill, I don't think I can make the trip. I will call the park in a little while and cancel with them. I know you all are going to have a great rally and everyone will have a blast, we really hate to miss it - will plan on making the next one.

George

dlw930

Erika and Tony, I am sorry but I am going to have to cancel on your rally. My sciatica leg pain is starting to be almost unbearable at times. I kept thinking it would get better (have had it for a few weeks), but yesterday it was worse and this morning it is also painful, can hardly walk, don't think I could take the long drive up there. Am trying to get into see the Doctor. Even if he gave me a pain pill, I don't think I can make the trip. I will call the park in a little while and cancel with them. I know you all are going to have a great rally and everyone will have a blast, we really hate to miss it - will plan on making the next one.

George

George, sorry you are in pain and that you'll miss the rally. Hoping you find relief. Take care. See you down the road!

David W.

TravelTiger

Sorry to hear, George, but we understand! Take care and get feeling better soon.

George

- - - Updated - - -

Pat and Elaine Poole have notified me they are not attending. She has some doctor's visits this week.

rxbristol

Erika,

We'll be there a day early (Wed)...may have some rain to travel through, but the winds on Thursday may have gusts to 40 mph.

Rex

pegmikef

George, Pat and Elaine. You will be missed by all of us. I am starting to believe what my father once told me after he had turned eighty. This getting old is not for wimps! I hope everything works out for all of you and we will soon see you at another rally.

jbeletti

We're over half way to Quanah. We pushed to Dalhart from Colorado Springs today. Should be at the CG and all setup by 3 pm tomorrow (Wed).

dlw930

We're over half way to Quanah. We pushed to Dalhart from Colorado Springs today. Should be at the CG and all setup by 3 pm tomorrow (Wed).

We stayed at the Corral RV Park in Dalhart last Sept. on our way back from Denver. It was a good overnight stop.

jbeletti

With our 3 little ones, we rarely look for the dog walk. Just walked them on the pea gravel around our site, then down the road a bit. Good to go.

TravelTiger

Sadly, Frank and Debbie Baker had to cancel. We will have to attempt Frank's Breakfast Extravaganza without them. It will be difficult, but we'll try.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We'll miss those that had to cancel.

Tony and Erika, you hit one out of the park with this place! It's very cool and we can't wait for the rally to begin.

We had heavy rains when we left Mansfield this morning but it's clear and now, just about perfect weather!

Rally On!!!

dlw930

We were toying with the idea of coming a day early to avoid the high winds that were predicted for Thursday, but will wait to see how the forecast looks In the morning (Wed.) before making the decision. Don't really like breaking camp or setting up in the rain.

'Lil Guy'

I'm sure the breakfast will be great without us. The next 2 weeks are going top be stressful for us until we actually close this time. Only downsized a bit and haven't moved anything other than our rig so far. Hopefully we close on time and we can get back to a little bit of normality. Hope everyone understands our priorities and hope everyone has a great time and we wish everone safe travels and good weather.
Sadly, Frank and Debbie Baker had to cancel. We will have to attempt Frank's Breakfast Extravaganza without them. It will be difficult, but we'll try.

rxbristol

We were toying with the idea of coming a day early to avoid the high winds that were predicted for Thursday, but will wait to see how the forecast looks In the morning (Wed.) before making the decision. Don't really like breaking camp or setting up in the rain.

It seems rain chances keep declining for tomorrow (Wed). Looks like it may be a nice day for traveling. Plus, if you make it tomorrow, I throw in a filter and a bracket for the canister I'm giving you.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Our plan is to leave tomorrow afternoon, stay in Lamar CO and glide in Thursday afternoon. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Safe travels.

Status
Not open for further replies.