EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Quanah - 3/11/2016 to 3/13/2016

Are you interested in the 501 Winery Wine Tasting & Snacks Event, Sat. March 12?

• Yes! I understand it will cost $10 per person.

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No, thanks anyway!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hey all, we are having a "Swap & Sell Table" at the rally. Seems as Spring is right around the corner and temps are a little warmer than normal, folks are working on their coaches, making improvements, etc.

If you have some items you want to sell, trade or give away, mention them here and we'll have a "Swap & Sell" table set up for stuff at the rally hall for that purpose. I'll have info tags for you to fill out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avvidclif

Sounds great and still remember your tripod.. I did check and confirm we are arriving on Thur.... Will add some more goodies...

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Hey all, we are having a "Swap & Sell Table" at the rally. Seems as Spring is right around the corner and temps are a little warmer than normal, folks are working on their coaches, making improvements, etc.

If you have some items you want to sell, trade or give away, mention them here and we'll have a "Swap & Sell" table set up for stuff at the rally hall for that purpose. I'll have info tags for you to fill out.

We have some towmax tires we will add to this... :cool:

dlw930

I have a few inexpensive and free items to add...rubber wheel chocks, some 25' and 30' coils of coax and 2 bags of plastic leveling blocks.

TravelTiger

All, we have a queen Sleep Number mattress, originally from Camping World, for sale. It's about 3.5 years old, still looks and works great! One wireless remote to adjust both sides of the bed independently. Some tears in the bottom fabric of the enclosing "box", but nothing that compromises its operation. Top of mattress zips off and can be dry cleaned. Mattress is 60"x80"x7". Pump has long hoses so it can be positioned under bed.

If someone is interested, we can bring it (currently disassembled and in a large box.)

We won't bring it if no one expresses interest.

Originally $799, Asking $100.

f1fabedf998b3c523ab19bde56f53306.jpg
65728a575abac2a444814bb98f5cf28d.jpg
aa54fe4f6ce07f220059dc5cb2c018ed.jpg

TravelTiger

Things are coming together for the West Texas Chapter Rally in less than two weeks, y'all! The park still has room (back in sites) if you want to join us! See post one for info!!!

Chippendale

Folks,

It looks like most everyone will be at the park already by 11th, Friday. We have tentatively scheduled a guided tour of the Hardeman County Historical Museum at the Quanah Acme & Pacific Depot and 1890 Hardeman County Jail, from 1:30-3:00 on Friday. Here is a link.

I need a head count since they may be providing goodie bags for the tour. If you are interested in this tour, which is free (donations accepted), please let me know by Monday, the 22nd. This doesn't have to be 100% firm, but I want to give them an idea. Thanks!

I guess I haven't been paying attention, can we sign up at this late date come along if we don't need or want "goodie bags"? Will be glad to make a donation.

TravelTiger

I guess I haven't been paying attention, can we sign up at this late date come along if we don't need or want "goodie bags"? Will be glad to make a donation.

George, anyone can still come on the tour!! We just needed to give them an estimate.

dlw930

George, anyone can still come on the tour!! We just needed to give them an estimate.

Erika,

I don't think I ever responded re the tour. Count us in. (This retirement business really has me snowed under! Just can't keep all the balls in the air!

David & Donna

rxbristol

Erika,

I don't think I ever responded re the tour. Count us in. (This retirement business really has me snowed under! Just can't keep all the balls in the air!

David & Donna

You're right...there is A LOT to do getting ready for retirement.

TravelTiger

Erika,

David & Donna

I had you down already, so you're good!

TravelTiger

Rally Attending Folks,

I want to let everyone know there may be some construction in Childress and Quanah on Hwy 287. Just so you are aware.

Also, I want to make a quick shout out to Dave Tyler for making a trip over to Pharr RV in Lubbock to pick up a Rally Donation from them! Thank you Dave, and thank you Pharr RV!

One more thing, the T-shirts are in, and they look great! Our total ended up being $15.00 per shirt, (including tax and shipping). If you paid more than that already, I will have a refund for you, or you can donate it to the Texas - West Chapter Account. Just let me know.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well I have been HiJacked... I got a call from Dave Tyler this evening and after discussing what we were doing and where we are going, he talked me into changing directions. I had, as every year, planned to go to Rockport TX until about April then head to Arkansas then Branson for the Regional Rally. I called some of the campgrounds around Rockport and as usual they all are full now. So I guess I will be heading north to Quanah, TX for the rally. It is over 400 miles from here at Livingston so I will stop Oak Creek in Weatherford on the 7th for the night and then to Quanah on the 8th, if you still have room for me.

I will call the campgrounds in the morning to see if I can make a reservation in Weatherford and Quanah.. I will post the results sometime tomorrow..

Hope to see you all.
BC

TravelTiger

Ok, great, Bob! They have odd winter hours so call between 8-10am, or after 4pm. There may be only back-in sites available, but it isn't far from other rally-goers!

jbeletti

Erika,

A couple days ago, I called the CG and spoke to Kim to change our arrival date to 9-Mar (1 day earlier). So, see you a day earlier!

Status
Not open for further replies.