EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Spring - 4/15/2011 to 4/17/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

WILBOLT

Thanks Jay, sounds like a great time and we are looking forward to this our first rally and hopefully many more to come. I do know that we will attend the Canton rally later this year. Mill Creek Ranch is awesome and first Monday is fun.
See ya this weekend,
Bill

bikerbob

Help!!! Coming from Baton Rouge Google Maps say take Hardy Toll Rd. How much is Toll? Or Should i go a little farer in take I-45 North ? Leaving Friday A.M. Oh Yeah put Connie n I in Sat. breakfast.. Pontratoula Strawberries!! Hmmmm Thanks....

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
I never take the toll rd with the rv. It is only a short hop over to the interstate. Get in the right lane and stay there as it is only a few miles to the rayford exit.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Kenny, that sounds good. Gonna be hard to wait until Saturday morning.

Bill, they're already starting to show up, so the fun is just beginning.

Bikerbob, you can do either one. I think that there are two and not more than three toll booths on the Hardy, so I would think the cost would be around $10. I have an EZ tag and don't really pay attention to the toll costs. Sometimes they charge for the trailer, sometimes not. If you go through the booth, they will charge. Kenny is right, its not much further to I-45.

jimtoo

JIM AND BETTE HAVE ARRIVED!!:p The fun can begin....Looks like most all of us early arrivals will be going out for Mexican food tonight.. don't know who is buying.:confused:.. guess we will work on that when the check comes..:D

Jim M

mmomega

AnyTimer
We almost weren't going to make it, I had to take the truck in last Fri. to the Ford dealership and it wasn't going to be done in time. I got a call tonight at 4:30 saying their lead tech was staying late and it will be ready at 8am tomorrow morning, talk about cutting it close.
Gotta run to the RV dealer and pick up the trailer as well, rush back here load it up and get on the road. It's been a crazy week.

jayc

Just so everyone knows, Jimtoo bought the mexican food tonight. I guess it's all the money that those moderators make.

JD & Glenda, we'll be looking for you tomorrow. Hope the rest of the trip goes better, or with less stress.

jimtoo

They just delivered two Heartland Landmarks to the rally by Ron Hoover RV, parked and opened up for tours and inspections. Two really nice looking units. I think they both will sell before the rally is over.

Jim M

jimtoo

Well,,, what a great time we had at the rally and I'm sure by everyone. Jay and Stella did an outstanding job putting it all together. Thanks to Ron Hoover RV and Joe French for the dinner and door prizes, also to their tech that did a lot of work on the units. Thanks also for providing 2 new Landmarks for everyone to visit and look at.,,,, hope they sold a couple.

We met and made new friends,, got to see old friends and just visit. Visited other folks units and saw their mods and just compared upgrades, mods and units.

All in all,,, a great RALLY. Looking forward to the next one. Hope to see a lot of the folks in Goshen.

Also,, Thanks for all the Birthday wishes..

Jim M and Bette

tillie

Big Horn Rally at Rayford Crossing

Just went to thank everyone for being so friendly and nice to Richard and I at the rally. We really had a great time. thanks again for a great time.:angel:

jimtoo

Re: Big Horn Rally at Rayford Crossing

Hi tillie,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

We enjoyed meeting you guys and hope you continue to make some rallies and even join the Heartland Owners Club.

If you have questions or need help we are here for you.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

tillie, Lin & I usually are able to make that rally but we had to miss it this year. We wish we could have met all the newcomers. We've always had a great time in the past. Jay & Stella and crew do a heck of a job. Glad you had a good time.

DougAndJudy

We want to thank Jay and Stella, too! We had a great time and met some fun folks.

jayc

Thanks everyone for the kind words. We had a great time and are glad that everyone else did too. We enjoyed meeting the new folks and of course, seeing our old friends too. We missed Ray and Lin and several other "regulars" and hope to see everyone in Canton TX in October. We will see many in Goshen and can't wait to go there. Got the trailer serviced yesterday, and it will only be about three weeks 'til we leave here.

pegmikef

We just would like to add our thanks to everybody responsible for setting up and orchestrating the rally with a special thanks to Jay and Stella. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves (even though it is probably going to cost me some big bucks for an upgraded rig) and enjoyed the activities and conversations with everyone. Pleasant and safe journeys to all and we may see you in Canton. Mike and Peg Finnegan

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Oh Jimtoo did bring some gruel - in the form of Blue Aguave Tequelia. To say it was smooth was an understatement. The only thing that surpassed the Blue Aguave was Jay and Stella's management of this rally - FANTASTIC !

Those that did not show up really missed something.....................

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
For those at the rally, "did you hear my uncle zeke died?"
for those not at the rally, you should have been here, it was really funny. We did a skit about, uncle zeke, it was awesome. Thanks to terry & sylvia hix for putting it together.
Uncle zeke died with his mouth awry, with one eye shut, with his left leg held high, waving good bye! So long uncle zeke, till next time.

plumberdude

Yes, we are sorry to hear about Uncle Zeke! He died you know! But, we hear the story teller has a story to tell us about boots for the next rally in Oct! See you all then! We had a great time thanks to Jay and Stella! For those of you who don't know we were the family that never left! We got to spend a few extra day's with Jay and Stella and had a blast!!!

See you all in Oct!
Pat and Lori

Status
Not open for further replies.