EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Spring - 4/15/2011 to 4/17/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayc

Legendary Member
Yeh Bob, we've had a couple of potluck breakfasts. Everyone loves them. Just bring a dish to share. Coffee and juice will be furnished.

Guess you better get out the old alarm clock. No more sleeping in 'til noon!

pegmikef

Yeh Bob, we've had a couple of potluck breakfasts. Everyone loves them. Just bring a dish to share. Coffee and juice will be furnished.

I'm with Bob in being new to potluck breakfasts and am trying to figure out what kinds of dishes one might bring to a breakfast since a lot of that stuff is usually prepared a little at a time. I imagine something like sos and bisquits might fill the bill . . . or maybe a pan full of sausage. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks, Mike

jayc

Legendary Member
All that sounds good Mike. I'll start a list here and anyone else that wants to sign up to bring a dish will be added.

1. Jay & Stella-scrambled eggs & sausage
2. Mike & Peg-SOS & biscuits
3. Jaime-breakfast tacos

Last edited:

mmomega

AnyTimer
Ok, reservations confirmed Fri-Sun, c ya'll there and I'll get with Glenda to see what we want to bring but she's not having the greatest day at work, being the boss isn't always that awesome.... gonna have to fix her a nice drink and foot rub tonight hehe

rustyshakelford

Well I've got to run the trailer down to Ron Hoover in the morning. Should be fixed way ahead of the rally...that's my hope atleast!

Brett

rustyshakelford

If the repairs aren't too extensive, we hope they'll have it ready for you.

They shouldn't be. I filled our freshwater tank before going to hunstville two weeks ago and when we hit the road we were sloshing water all over the place. I called Joe French to see if his tech could fix some other little things and when I brought this up he said I should get it in asap in case the water is damaging components. My money is on a fill hose that came loose but who knows!

Brett

jayc

Legendary Member
Thats good news. I'm sure that Joe will get if fixed if he can.

I heard from Bill Sims today and sadly, he and Ornell and Peanut the "Devil Dog" won't be able to make it. It will be the first rally they have missed. We'll have to eat some barbecue for them.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well here we are. Where is everyone. Looks like there are 3 heartland units here. Some of you had better hurry up and get here. Coffee in the morning at 6:30 by Jay.

BC

WILBOLT

This is our first rally. What is the schedule and what do we know what to bring for the covered dish?
Thanks and looking forward to meeting everyone.
Bill

jayc

Legendary Member
Hey Bill,
We are planning for a fun rally Since everyone that will be arriving on Friday will be there at different times, everyone is on their own for Friday night supper. We are having a potluck breakfast on Saturday morning at 9AM. Just bring a breakfast dish (serving for 4-6 people) of your choice to share with others. Saturday lunch is on your own, and Saturday night's supper will be a barbecue dinner furnished by Ron Hoover RV of Katy, who is sponsoring our rally. They will have a couple of trailers for us to look at on Friday and Saturday. There will be door prizes after the dinner.

Our rallies are a great chance to meet other Heartland owners and visit. Normally we would have a campfire at night but because of the drought and very dry conditions, we are under a burn ban. We will have access to the rally halls, so we can meet there and play games or just hang out.

Status
Not open for further replies.