EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: UT, Heber City - 9/16/2015 to 9/21/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
SITES STILL AVAILABLE........

I know things are busy for most folks right now, planning spring and summer trips. Here's a way to extend your summer camping season into fall.

Come to our Rally at Mountain Valley RV Park. It is a very easy drive from Salt Lake City and I-15.

http://mountainvalleyrv.com/

Good Sam has rated this park at a perfect 10-10-10!

http://www.goodsamclub.com/travel/campgroundsandrvparks/generalinfo.aspx?cgid=201419422

Meet some great folks and have some fun! All the details are in the first post of this thread.

If you reserve a spot for our Rally, or are interested in just meeting up for our dinner at Flanagan's, please feel free to contact me.

All Heartland RV owners are welcome. Trace

TandT

For those of you coming to our Heber Rally,
Who is interested in riding the Heber Valley Railroad, better known as the "Heber Creeper"?
http://hebervalleyrr.org

It runs $30 per person for a three hour round trip tour.
Looks like fun. Please look at the website and let me know if you would like to go as a group. I will make the arrangements and let everyone know what we have to do to make it happen. Thanks, Trace

TandT

Just spoke to Cache at Mountain Valley Resort. http://mountainvalleyrv.com/

There are still some sites available for the days of our Rally. Give this place a look. It's only 40 minutes from the Salt Lake area.

Can't do the whole 5 days? No problem, just come up for the day, or for the weekend. Trace

Gaffer

Daniel's looks wonderful. The lodge is beautiful and the dinner menu has some of my favorites. Ribs, pot roast, meatloaf and rib eye steak oh my! Haven't decided on the train yet but that looks cool as well.

utahbrauers

We will be there. Love that part of Utah, we go to Midway/Heber quite often during the summer. Awesome fishing to be had also.

TandT

Just added Utah Chapter Members Craig and Rinda (utahbrauers) to our Heber City Rally.
Welcome guys. Long time-no see. Trace

Last edited:

TandT

A few sites are still available for this Rally. Please call the park ASAP. Trace

MIBighorn

Trace and Teri:
We just signed up for a campsite M-6 (although Cache said he would move us “P” section if there are any further cancellations) coming in on September 15 and leaving on September 21. We’re hitting a few Chapter events before heading home to Michigan after touring the National Parks with our grandson in August. He’s flying home to upstate New York to start school and we’re taking the scenic route home to Michigan.

Looking forward to meeting you and the other attendees.

Paul and Brenda Curtis
and Bo (Goldendoodle)
Williamston, MI
2012 Bighorn 3585RL and 2008 Ford F350

HOC Events Attended:
2014 Alamissibamassippi Chapter Rally, Gulf Shores, Alabama

2015 NationalRally, Goshen, Indiana
Upcoming HOC Events:

2015 Nevada Chapter Rally, Sparks,NV

2015 Arizona Chapter Rally, CampVerde, AZ

2015 Oklahoma Chapter Rally, Durant,OK

MIBighorn

Just read through all the posts and noticed that there were a couple of questions that needed answering. Sign us up (2) for the Flanagan’s dinner on Thursday night. Having a St. Patty’s birthday, I never turn down a corn beef dinner. If you're making reservations for he Meet and Greet, we are planning on that activity too.

We would also be up for the train trip if you get enough interested participants. Is this the train ride only or are you combining it with zip lining too? (will you arrange a lunch too at an extra fee?).

TandT

Paul and Brenda,
Fantastic, glad you can make it. I will be posting some activity updates for this Rally over the next week. Please subscribe to the thread for further info. Teri and I look forward to meeting you guys. Trace

TandT

Our meet-and-greet will be Friday September 18, 2015 at Daniels Summit Logepole restaurant. It will be a BYOD,
It is just a short distance from the RV resort and has great scenery and favorable reviews.

If you have not posted, or notified me whether you will joining us for this dinner, please reply so I can get a final head count.

Our Pot-luck will be Saturday, September 19, 2015 at the resort. Each rig is being asked to please bring a side dish, salad or dessert to serve 6-8 people. The Owners Club will be providing the entrees.

Each rig is also asked to bring a gift for the raffle in the $15-$20 range. The gift does not have to be RV related.

Would like to take a three hour ride on the scenic Heber Valley Railroad? (aka, "The Heber Creeper")
If you would like to take the ride, please post or contact me so I can reserve the appropriate number of seats. I am planning for Thursday Sept 17, 2015. Departs 11AM and returns at 2PM. The cost is $30 per person. Thanks, Trace

Last edited:

Gaffer

PJ & Karol will be going to Daniel's Summit Lodge Pole Grill on the 18th....Can't wait to see everybody!!!

gasman

Camp Socializer
Trace, put us down for 4 to Daniels Lodge. I will let you know about the train in a few days. If there are any golfers coming, Wasatch Mountain State Park (just about 5 minutes away) is a beautiful and challenging mountain course that is fun to play.

TandT

Trace, put us down for 4 to Daniels Lodge. I will let you know about the train in a few days. If there are any golfers coming, Wasatch Mountain State Park (just about 5 minutes away) is a beautiful and challenging mountain course that is fun to play.

Mike and Edythe,
Thank you and thanks for the golfing info. We look forward to seeing you guys. Trace

Status
Not open for further replies.