EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: VA, Broadway - 8/27/2010 to 8/29/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

beasleyrl

Congratulations Hudson! Welcome to the Cyclone family!!! Now, are you getting a golf cart to carry with you???

beasleyrl

Hey Roger - got to get that picture changed now!

I know! Just got the hitch in today and new insurance policy. Hopefully I can take some this weekend...

For all you VA residents out there with F450's... When I went to get insurance on the new tow vehicle, Progressive Direct wouldn't add it to my auto policy. They said I had to go to a commercial policy due to size of truck. $$$$$. Called my RV ins agent (Poliseek) which sells my Progressive RV Ins, they added it without a problem. Same (or better) coverage than my Silverado 3500 for about HALF the price. $450 per YEAR (not 6 months)! Only restriction is the use must be designated recreation. At about 10MPG, I can guarantee them it won't be a DC commuter vehicle! Oh, and the kicker -- the actual policy is Progressive!

beasleyrl

Hey Roger - got to get that picture changed now!

Okay Guss - just for you. It's changed!

I have to admit - even though it is a FORD, it definitely fits the Cyclone better. The brakes actually work without me putting my foot through the floor! And, my transmission didn't get anywhere near close to the redline point going over the mountains. Now, fuel on the other hand... Let's just say 6 MPG! I've gotta get that extra tank installed.

R

Re: I made a mistake

hi Hudson,
we will be joining ya'll at the rally - please reserve a 30 amp pull-thru for us.
I will check the earlier email to find the address and send you the deposit.
looking forward to seeing everyone there.

15 rigs so far

Okay folks, we have 15 rigs signed up so far for this rally. Next week I'm going to head on over to the KOA and sit down with them with the rig sizes and preferences. Once we've assigned everyone to a site, I'll know what kind of sites we have left. Also, if the campground still has the flexibility I'll try to make sure that everyone gets their first choice but so far that is looking very good with the sites we already set aside for the rally. After that I'll make up an informal agenda. Remember this is going to be a pretty laid back rally compared to some others, but there will be some semblance of order so we all know what night to plan for pot luck, what restaurants we might want to truckpool over to, what daytime events are near by, etc.

I do have some excellent news for avid book readers: the Green Valley Book Fair will be open that weekend! If you know what this is, you'll be happy to know that you're camping about 15 minutes away from it. If you don't know what it is, well, it's the size of a convention center with over 500,000 new books at 60-90% off. They're only open six times a year so it was pretty lucky for some of us that they are open during this rally. An optional side-trip to this place will appear on the agenda or my wife won't be happy with me.

Hudson

Roster updates

Unfortunately, Paul & Elaine Nelson won't be able to join us at the rally because they are moving that weekend. Soon they will become members of the NC chapter. Congrats to Paul & Elaine on your new house.

BTW, that means we are up to 6 sites still available for the rally. If you've been sitting on the fence, go ahead and sign up now.

OT: That reminds me of a joke. Two turtles were sitting on a fence. One turtle turns to the other and says "Hey wait a minute, turtles don't sit on fences." The other turtle replies back "Well, turtles don't talk either." :rolleyes:

Hudson

Sites assigned, everyone notified

I went to the KOA today to get the 15 rigs already signed up assigned to sites. I sent everyone email (regular email ... i.e., not through this site) with site numbers and final balances, along with arrival and departure dates. If you did not get an email, contact me right away, please.

BTW, we have our first ever Heartland "Greystone" rig coming (in case you were wondering about "GS" in the roster) ... in fact I think it is traveling the farthest ... all the way from New York.

At this point we only have five sites left: two 30A back-ins and three 50A pull-thrus. One of the 30A backins is smallish but all four of the others are massive sites. But now the campground is all sold out for that weekend and they would like to have back any sites we haven't booked. If you've been thinking about it, do it! This will be the most relaxing weekend you will have for the rest of the year I assure you.

I will be coming out with a rally agenda shortly and will post it here plus email it to people already signed up.

Last edited:

f250dieseldad

Re: Sites assigned, everyone notified

Hudson, I just paid for our site. Ready to go. Can't wait to see all of our friends again!!!!

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s

We are also paid up and will be on site number 32. Looking forward to another great rally.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

Gus and Debra are paid. We're coming in on Thursday, 26 Aug.

beasleyrl

Roger, Kelly, Megan, and Jared are paid. Planning on coming in on Friday but may have to look at Thursday too!

Jim & Harriet

Paid up as of today ... if anyone has a KOA Rewards Card - the person who took our
payment information (Brittany) said we would receive "credit" for this weekend. If you
do have the card you might want to check that with them.
See you is a couple of weeks...

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

Roger, Kelly, Megan, and Jared are paid. Planning on coming in on Friday but may have to look at Thursday too!

Make it so... we'll need some company Thursday evening (especially if I can't get a satellite signal! - thank God I've got a 100' cable)

Status
Not open for further replies.