EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: VA, Broadway - 8/27/2010 to 8/29/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgoddardg

Re: Sites assigned, everyone notified

Hudson and Gus, we're going to have to bow out at the last minute. Dad is now in hospice and having a rough time, so we simply can't make any plans for near future. See all of you later.

porthole

Retired

Paid up as of today ... if anyone has a KOA Rewards Card - the person who took our
payment information (Brittany) said we would receive "credit" for this weekend. If you
do have the card you might want to check that with them.
See you is a couple of weeks...

KOA'rs should know that even when the camp staff says you do not get credit (Nashville) that is not true.

If you don't get it, email KOA (website) and they will add it on. The correct answer is that you get a reduced amount of points based on the reduced fee you paid.

dieselsweetheart

Well I hope we didn't commit a mortal sin by not going through Hudson but truly I just called the KOA to see if there were any sites left...the lady said she was preoccupied and hadn't released our sites yet so the dieselengineer and I are booked on site 16. Ok, who are we next to?? haha We are arriving next Thurs and staying till Sun. Hope this is ok. Wasn't originally going to go....but since I'm still recovering I need all the fun weekends I can get!

fordtech 2008

hey neighbor we are on site 14 right next to ya. we will be there friday afternoon and leave sunday.

Hudson

One week to go: agenda & map

Okay campers, it's only one week now before some of us will be arriving. Even though I promised I would make this a "laid-back" rally, I'm still going to publish an agenda and a map (of who is at which site). Gus is looking over the agenda now to make sure it passes muster. I hope to publish it later today. I think now that the sites are pretty much locked down and everyone has paid, I shall publish the map today also.

dieselsweetheart

Re: One week to go: agenda & map

Hudson, are you going to have a pot-luck sign-up sheet? I'd like to plan what I am going to bring...

dieselsweetheart

Hi Ken, Marj and Sara! We'll be happy to meet new folks at the rally! We are coming in on Thursday so we'll leave the light on for ya!! See you then!

happycampernc

Counting down the days to Friday. I'm planning on leaving work around 12 or so. Got to pick Sara up @ school then Ken said that he would be ready so that we can get on the road. Hoping to be there before 5.

Last edited:

dieselsweetheart

I always look forward to a Heartland rally. Deb B is designing T-shirts for those of us who can't stay away from rallies. HA See you Friday and safe travels!!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Looks like a great weekend ahead. Now, if only I can get there! Here I sit, truck in South Carolina, hitch in my garage, truck (and wife) returning from SC LATE Wed evening, have to work til at least 2:00pm on Thurs, supposed to pull in to CG on Thursday. I'm not sure there's enough time left in the week to get it all together! You may need spotlights and flashbulbs to watch me back-into my site in the dark! Only saving grace is that it's just 110 miles to the CG from our house.

dieselsweetheart

Gus don't forget the dieselengineer has that kazillion megawatt light to guide late arrivals into their spots... last time we used it in PA when porthole showed up to camp at 11p. Worked beautifully...no need to worry!!! Do we have an agenda yet? See you Thursday...we're leaving here around 9:30 which should put us in around 1p or so...just in time for lunch!

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
That's Right Duane. And we were early.
Porthole likes to arrive late and wake you all up..

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
That's why nobody recognized it was you at the Jersey Rally. A daylight Cyclone arrival. Could it be, maybe. no never. Duane never arrives in the daylight hours. You broke a trend that day!

iforget

That's why nobody recognized it was you at the Jersey Rally. A daylight Cyclone arrival. Could it be, maybe. no never. Duane never arrives in the daylight hours. You broke a trend that day!

Well it was

"OUR STATE RALLY"

after all! We thought it was manditory to show up while the sun was up..

iforget

I wish we could join all of our dear friends at the Virginia Rally.
I KNOW you will have a wonderful time and be quick uploading all the pictures please..

dieselsweetheart

Duane....my mistake. Everyone had already GONE TO BED... therefore, I thought it was much later when you arrived. LOL Hey buddy, dark is dark.

dieselsweetheart

Jim and Harriet you need to clear out your mailbox....I tried to send you a message and your mailbox is full....delete delete delete!! We are arriving on Thursday so we will see you on Friday when you get in!!! We're on site 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.